What's the longest you ever paused a game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I paused Peace Walker to make a run to the store, 1 thing led to another and by the time I got back home, 7 or 8 hours must have passed by.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#2 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

I left SMB paused before I went to school when I was a kid. Think it was 10 hours by the time I got around to starting it back up. I was so worried back then that my NES would die or worse, something would bump into it and pop the cartridge.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HipHopBeats

I left SMB paused before I went to school when I was a kid. Think it was 10 hours by the time I got around to starting it back up. I was so worried back then that my NES would die or worse, something would bump into it and pop the cartridge.

Namgis

Lol, when I was a kid, my dog used to open the slot and eject games from NES all the time whenever he wanted to go for a walk since the NES was close to the floor. Since then I keep consoles on a shelf or a tv stand.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

As a kid I forgot my SNES on and then left with my parents for a vacation. It remained on for at least 7 days.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
4 days kingdom hearts riku II
Solori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

I left my PS2 on for around three days once, mostly paused.

I was playing Black on the hardest difficulty and as I got near the end of the game, I found myself stuck at a dificult checkpoint with the world's worst weapon in my hands and barely any ammo. I didn't want to end the game at the checkpoint because it would have started me back at the beginning of the chapter and I wasn't willing to let all my hard work at getting to the checkpoint be lost. So I paused the game there, went to sleep, went to school, etc. and tried to get past the checkpoint again the next day. Didn't have any luck, but was still unwilling to restart the chapter When I was once again unsuccessful in my efforts, I paused the game again, went to sleep, school, etc. This went on for maybe three days or so. Eventually, I was able to memorize the position of every enemy in the room and their spawn points and did this really convoluted run through the level. (in retrospect I'll bet it would have been much easier to restart the chapter and make sure I had a useful weapon/ammo when I got to that checkpoint-- I don't know what I was thinking back then)

So, after way too much effort and risking burning out my PS2, I made it past that freaking checkpoint. Good thing my PS2 was very well built -- it was a fatty and I still have it and it still works. I would never dream of letting either my PS3 or my 360 on for that kind of time as both of them are giant heat sinks.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#7 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

5 minutes because i went to the toilet.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Under an hour.

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Way, way too many times have I gone to bed with the system still on (and the game running inside it).

I've left it paused for a good 5 - 8 hours heaps of times.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44161 Posts
About 2 to 3 hours. Sometimes I'll go out to do something and leave a game paused and other times I'll intend to just take a break but something on tv will catch my interest and I'll end up watching that.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#11 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Several hours(3-4) actually. I paused the game because i had a nose bleed, laid down on the couch and dozed off.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
I've left my original xbox on overnight many times. I'd play it late at night so I would start up a sports game and then halfway through the game I'd get tired and want to go to sleep so I'd just pause it.
Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

back in 08, had to send my ps3 in for repairs, so I dusted off my ps2 to play P4, only issue was that I couldnt find a my memory card so I left my ps2 on for like 16 hours

Primordialous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Primordialous
Member since 2012 • 1313 Posts

I've left mine on pause too many times to count. Most would probably be about 9-10 hours.

ButaDujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ButaDujo
Member since 2009 • 330 Posts

When I bought my Gamecube, I didnt have enough money for the Memory Card. My only game was Harvest Moon, and I had to put a piece of paper on the console at night for weeks telling my mom not to turn it off.

The paper was only effective maybe 20% of the time.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HipHopBeats

When I bought my Gamecube, I didnt have enough money for the Memory Card. My only game was Harvest Moon, and I had to put a piece of paper on the console at night for weeks telling my mom not to turn it off.

ButaDujo

I remember those days. That's one of the main things stopping me from buying handhelds, memory cards.

Jehuty08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jehuty08
Member since 2007 • 1950 Posts

ButaDujo

I tried this a few times, but my mom would always turn it off and scream at me for wasting electricity :P

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#18 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
around a day....fell asleep and tv was off, didnt know that the xbox was still on
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
I've left my computer running KOTR for a few weeks :P Forgot to turn it off, and I don't use my desktop that often xD
ButaDujo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ButaDujo
Member since 2009 • 330 Posts

[QUOTE="ButaDujo"]

Jehuty08

I tried this a few times, but my mom would always turn it off and scream at me for wasting electricity :P

For me, my ma thought she could only watch tv if the console was off..no matter how many times I showed her to switch source -_-
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
About 8 hrs on multiple occasions. Forgetting it's on is the number 1 culprit.
Sali217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Sali217
Member since 2012 • 1301 Posts
Well, my ps3 has been on for the last week or so downloading patches, updates, ps+ games etc to my new hard drive :s
Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
Back in the day, I wouldn't think twice about pausing a game, turning off the television, and going out for several hours. And I never once worried about the console overheating and burning up, or that I was doing irreparable damage to the thing. And you know what? I still have my original NES, SNES, Genesis, and PS1 - and they all still work perfectly. Current gen consoles? I might leave a game paused for 45 minutes or so, to grab a bite to eat or something, but only if I know that I'm immediately coming back to the game. Even then, I fret over whether or not I'd do better shutting the damn thing off because of the overheating issues that have plagued this generation and the fact that quality craftsmanship is a thing of the past and everything, especially electronics, is considered disposable or 'throwaway' items these days.
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HipHopBeats

Back in the day, I wouldn't think twice about pausing a game, turning off the television, and going out for several hours. And I never once worried about the console overheating and burning up, or that I was doing irreparable damage to the thing. And you know what? I still have my original NES, SNES, Genesis, and PS1 - and they all still work perfectly. Current gen consoles? I might leave a game paused for 45 minutes or so, to grab a bite to eat or something, but only if I know that I'm immediately coming back to the game. Even then, I fret over whether or not I'd do better shutting the damn thing off because of the overheating issues that have plagued this generation and the fact that quality craftsmanship is a thing of the past and everything, especially electronics, is considered disposable or 'throwaway' items these days.thedarklinglord

Pretty much everything is made of cheap materials and poor craftmanship compared to yesteryear. You should see the cheap materials construction companies use to build these new cookie cutter houses. They look nice and cozy on the inside, but you can literally punch a hole through a wall with little effort. That being said, I too worry about leaving my consoles on for long periods of time.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

I paused Crash Bandicoot through 10-12 hours that was the time of me sleeping and buying a memory card next morning.

psdsoldier25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26 psdsoldier25
Member since 2007 • 242 Posts

I paused fable 2 for a good 72 hours once and when i finally got home my XBox had red ringed on me. Needless to say i never did that again....

immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#27 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

Probably quite a long time when I was a kid. I left my 360 on over night to download before, but longest I paused in game that I can remember was just a couple hours to get the 30 hours played achievement in Saints Row 3.