What's the enemy you hate the most in Resident Evil 2?

Steve5XG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Steve5XG
Member since 2018 • 180 Posts

Now that RE2 remake is coming aroung again, I have to say it's one of my fav games ever. Despite of that fact, I must admit I get used to have nightmares while playing the video game, just because of the zombie dogs. I hate them, those little fast creatures, hardly difficult to kill, extremely dangerous. I know everybody will think that some other creatures would be more difficult to kill, but maybe because the gameplay was not as good as It will be, maybe for other reasons, when a zombie dog comes to scene, I just freaked out.

Look at it! So creepy!

What's the enemy you hate the most?

danielpacheco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By danielpacheco
Member since 2018 • 159 Posts

@steve5xg:

Yar Yar is the worst enemy ever!

Look at it! So creepy!

Steve5XG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Steve5XG
@danielpacheco said:

@steve5xg:

Yar Yar is the worst enemy ever!

Look at it! So creepy!

If only we could play as Yar Yar in RE2...

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

None really, in both Scenario A and B Resident Evil 2 enemies are fairly easy and straight forward to deal with. The puzzles however gave me trouble when I was younger.

I hope for new enemy types anyhow, Resident Evil 2 was originally suppose to have zoo animals infected with the T-Virus. So a lion or Elephant like in Outbreak games would be awesome.

Also hope they make Mr X more a threat, gameplay-wise probably the most pathetic tyrant in the series.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

User Lists: 0

#5 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@steve5xg:

Tyrant. Or Mr. X, whatever the hell he was originally called. He was scary as hell and the fact that he didn't make a sound made him scarier!

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RSM-HQ
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@steve5xg:

Tyrant. Or Mr. X, whatever the hell he was originally called

Both are acceptable names. (Lore dump below)_

In the original Resident Evil, the final boss is the Tyrant known as the T-002. They are Umbrellas model units based on the viruses goal of achieving a powerful weapon, that is also controllable. In the first game it was considered a failure_

And Mr X in the sequel is a T-103. And one of many. Unlike T-002 can take orders, though part of this is the signature jacket that is known as a 'limiter' preventing Tyrants to transform and become beast-like.

Nemesis is also a T-103 model just like Mr X, but with aspects of Lisa Trevors parasite. Before the Gamecube remake was referenced as simply the Nemesis parasite.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#7 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Well, at least I know which ones to watch out for now.

Steve5XG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Steve5XG
@RSM-HQ said:

Nemesis is also a T-103 model just like Mr X, but with aspects of Lisa Trevors parasite. Before the Gamecube remake was referenced as simply the Nemesis parasite.

@RSM-HQ said:

None really, in both Scenario A and B Resident Evil 2 enemies are fairly easy and straight forward to deal with. The puzzles however gave me trouble when I was younger.

I hope for new enemy types anyhow, Resident Evil 2 was originally suppose to have zoo animals infected with the T-Virus. So a lion or Elephant like in Outbreak games would be awesome.

Also hope they make Mr X more a threat, gameplay-wise probably the most pathetic tyrant in the series.

Didn't like the Gamecube remake. Maybe because I was really young that I found Zombie dogs harder to kill than other creatures in RE2, but I have to say that the old camera view was very interesting, despite the fact that it is an old game, indeed.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RSM-HQ

@steve5xg: The Remake to me is the best of the older style of Resident Evil games. Though it had different A.I. patterns and behavior, more similar to Outbreak. Which was more advance over the 32-bit counterparts, and even Veronica was heavily reusing code from the 32-bit generation titles.

In Remake and Outbreak one can still exploit the A.I. though didn't fall for all the same tricks as they did previously.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#10 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58911 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

In Remake and Outbreak one can still exploit the A.I. though didn't fall for all the same tricks as they did previously.

Sure it did. I just ran past enemies and was a walking weapon shop by the end.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RSM-HQ

@uninspiredcup: I stated all the tricks. One I recall was the slow walk trick, (getting monsters to throw an attack so you can then smoothly go past) that's doesn't work as smoothly in Remake and Outbreak as it did in the older games. As they have quicker recovery, and some can even follow up a delayed strike.

If you know how the game works I think every game in the main series can have you loaded like Barry Burton before the final mutated monster at the end. Even the Outbreak games had many ways to exploit and grab all the best weapons before the levels bosses.

Steve5XG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Steve5XG
@RSM-HQ said:

@steve5xg: The Remake to me is the best of the older style of Resident Evil games. Though it had different A.I. patterns and behavior, more similar to Outbreak. Which was more advance over the 32-bit counterparts, and even Veronica was heavily reusing code from the 32-bit generation titles.

Perhaps it's because I didn't like GameCube so much. And have to say I am a Nintendo fan. Obviously, I wanna play the new remake, and test how terrifying are the zombie dogs now haha.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RSM-HQ

@steve5xg: To be honest Gamecube isn't my favorite either (also a Nintendo fan). Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 are amazing but Sunshine is potentially the worst 3D Mario game. And The Wind Waker while ok, had those long and tedious water sections.

Also still don't get how fans love that terrible controller either.

I'm surprised no one here disliked the crows in classic Resident Evil games at anycase. That was my first assumption people would post. Or Lickers and Hunters.

Steve5XG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Steve5XG
@RSM-HQ said:

@steve5xg: To be honest Gamecube isn't my favorite either (also a Nintendo fan). Metroid Prime and Resident Evil 4 are amazing but Sunshine is potentially the worst 3D Mario game. And The Wind Waker while ok, had those long and tedious water sections.

Also still don't get how fans love that terrible controller either.

I'm surprised no one here disliked the crows in classic Resident Evil games at anycase. That was my first assumption people would post. Or Lickers and Hunters.

Yeah, that controller was extremely useless. Gotta say love Zelda, but not The Win Waker. And yeah, Metroid and RE4 are pretty cool.

Didn't remember the crows, can't you believe it?! I supossed people would say Lickers, but no one is talking about them. Sounds strange, isn't it?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RSM-HQ

@steve5xg: Well everyone has different fears and playstyles.

Only monster through the entire series (including spin-offs) that gave me any real trouble was Glasps in Revelations 2_

They're clearly designed to be intentionally cheap and bring pacing to a halt just to deal with them in a slow and tedious manner, even if they do fall with 3 handgun shots. Invisible/ insta-kill Players/ blur the screen/ and placed in cheap sections of the map/ can also only be detected with the useless side character. .

Steve5XG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Steve5XG
@RSM-HQ said:

@steve5xg: Well everyone has different fears and playstyles.

Only monster through the entire series (including spin-offs) that gave me any real trouble was Glasps in Revelations 2_

They're clearly designed to be intentionally cheap and bring pacing to a halt just to deal with them in a slow and tedious manner, even if they do fall with 3 handgun shots. Invisible/ insta-kill Players/ blur the screen/ and placed in cheap sections of the map/ can also only be detected with the useless side character. .

I remember myself playing as a kid RE3 and completely desperate of running away from Nemesis. That creature really freaked me out.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RSM-HQ

@steve5xg: Well it won't be long now, hopefully Nemesis remake follows.

At anycase going to be even more careful on gaming forums (and be here less for awhile) seeing as some users tend to spoil ending even in the headers. I recall both Resi7 and The Evil Within 2 spoiled two days before release here on GD; so watch out for that if that's an issue for you.

Steve5XG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Steve5XG
@RSM-HQ said:

@steve5xg: Well it won't be long now, hopefully Nemesis remake follows.

At anycase going to be even more careful on gaming forums (and be here less for awhile) seeing as some users tend to spoil ending even in the headers. I recall both Resi7 and The Evil Within 2 spoiled two days before release here on GD; so watch out for that if that's an issue for you.

Yeah, I know... people must be cautious when reading posts. Spoilers are everywhere. Maybe there should be a rule in the forum about forbidding spoilers in header threads.

BTW, Nemesis remake is gonna happen surely next years. I think it's kinda pitty, 'cause it tells us video game developers need more creativity to make fresh new games.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RSM-HQ

@steve5xg: I do believe spoiler headers are discouraged for new games, but doesn't stop some Users anyway, usually the ones rarely here or System-War regulars stirring things outside their preferred board. Most Users are cool for not doing that kind of activity, though that never stops the troublemakers that want to make a scene and get attention while never actually playing these games.

Still have fresh memories for The Evil Within 2 poster stating "who cares, the game is shit." or something to that extent. And something similar with Resident Evil 7. One spoilt that Chris was at the end of Resi7, the other spoilt the Ruvik tease for TEW2. Before the games even released.

BTW, Nemesis remake is gonna happen surely next years.

Along with my zoo animal prediction. I think it would be cool if we see Nemesis in the background during Claires or Leons campaign. Just grunting "S.T.A.R.S" maybe slapping a zombie or mercenary out the way. Beginning of both games take place at roughly the same time. Would also love some Outbreak easter-eggs considering Resi7 made that spin-off series officially canon. Though think I'm asking too much with that one.

Steve5XG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Steve5XG
@RSM-HQ said:

Along with my zoo animal prediction. I think it would be cool if we see Nemesis in the background during Claires or Leons campaign. Just grunting "S.T.A.R.S" maybe slapping a zombie or mercenary out the way. Beginning of both games take place at roughly the same time. Would also love some Outbreak easter-eggs considering Resi7 made that spin-off series officially canon. Though think I'm asking too much with that one.

Love your zoo animal prediction, dude hahahaha. We'll find out next january 25th!