What's the best story game you've ever played?

  • 151 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for steve5xg
#51 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -

@newyorkcables said:

BioShock Infinite

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

Star Wars: The Old Republic

BioShock is always a good choice. Love Rapture, indeed.

Avatar image for robbie23
#52 Posted by Robbie23 (278 posts) -

Yakuza 0

Metal Gear Solid 4

Silent Hill 2

Uncharted 4

Everybody's gone to rapture

Get even

Penumbra

Grandia

Golden sun

Soma

Catherine

Avatar image for brimmul777
#53 Posted by brimmul777 (4004 posts) -

NHL 19.Epic story telling.

Avatar image for steve5xg
#54 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -

@gettingonwithgaminglife said:

The Uncharted Series have a really good narrative and send the blockbuster vibes with interesting stories. I also liked Horizon Zero Dawn action rpg as the story has quite a few twists and the plot changes once or twice which really gets you thinking. I think that story driven games are very important along with a mixture of challenge involved in them.

I loved the stories in the Professor Layton Games. They are puzzle games and yet seem to blend a detective mystery and that element of surprise.

Not sure wheter I prefer Uncharted or Last of us, talking about the narrative.

Avatar image for gns
#56 Edited by GNS (315 posts) -

1. Life is Strange

2. Heavy Rain

3. The Wolf Among Us

P.S. Your topic about story games (i.e., story-driven games), however, your list is not one. OK.

Avatar image for Longsnout
#57 Posted by Longsnout (173 posts) -

I got a letter. The name on the envelope said... Mary. My wife's name.

Avatar image for johnnyenglish
#58 Posted by johnnyenglish (6 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid 1

Final Fantasy 7, 8, 9 & 10

Avatar image for gopre
#59 Posted by gopre (203 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

Top five for me would be:

1. Chrono Trigger

2. Chrono Cross

3. Mass Effect

4. Final Fantasy VIII

5. Final Fantasy VII

YES!!! Incredible story (stories)

Avatar image for henrythefifth
#60 Edited by henrythefifth (2139 posts) -

Have to bring up LA Noire. The stories behind the various crimes are so interesting and well written. The game itself is far from perfect, tho, but those stories keep me coming back.

Avatar image for mother_farter
#61 Posted by mother_farter (16676 posts) -

Silent Hill 2 or Shadow of the Colossus.

Avatar image for clefdefa
#62 Edited by Clefdefa (694 posts) -

Final Fantasy Tactics : AKA Game Of Thrones before GOT

Final Fantasy VII

Heavy Rain

Bloodborne

Zero escape Trilogy

Danganronpa trilogy

Persona 4

Avatar image for steve5xg
#63 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -
@mother_farter said:

Silent Hill 2 or Shadow of the Colossus.

Silent Hill is simply the best terror story ever, in my opinion.

Avatar image for danielpacheco
#64 Posted by danielpacheco (158 posts) -

Hey how about Anima series?

If you´re an Anima: Beyond the fantasy geek, you must love the games that has been released.

Anima: Gate of memories and Anima: The Nameless chronicles have really nice stories... of course if you like the roleplay book Anima.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for brag
#66 Posted by Brag (17 posts) -

Syberia (PC)

Avatar image for wowmuchdogepl
#67 Posted by WowMuchDogePL (3 posts) -

Witcher 3

Avatar image for steve5xg
#68 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -
@henrythefifth said:

Have to bring up LA Noire. The stories behind the various crimes are so interesting and well written. The game itself is far from perfect, tho, but those stories keep me coming back.

What kind of gameplay does LA Noire have? Is it a First Person game?

Avatar image for phbz
#69 Posted by phbz (4212 posts) -

Just to avoid mentioning some of the already mentioned. I would add Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis. Better than the second movie.

Avatar image for steve5xg
#70 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -
@phbz said:

Just to avoid mentioning some of the already mentioned. I would add Indiana Jones and the fate of Atlantis. Better than the second movie.

I really like Indiana Jones movies, but not sure if the video game could offer me something different in the story.

Avatar image for steve5xg
#71 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -
@brimmul777 said:

NHL 19.Epic story telling.

I think it would be a little bit similar than Madden NFL, right?

Avatar image for gamerofda90s
#73 Posted by GamerofDa90s (5 posts) -

Mass Effect!

Avatar image for kingoftheapes
#74 Posted by kingoftheapes (28 posts) -

Silent Hill 2

Avatar image for steve5xg
#75 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -
@kingoftheapes said:

Silent Hill 2

Silent Hill 2 just blowed my mind! What do you think about Resident Evil 2?

Avatar image for kingoftheapes
#76 Posted by kingoftheapes (28 posts) -
@steve5xg said:
@kingoftheapes said:

Silent Hill 2

Silent Hill 2 just blowed my mind! What do you think about Resident Evil 2?

1 of my fav RE games of alltime tbh : )

Avatar image for steve5xg
#77 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -
@kingoftheapes said:
@steve5xg said:
@kingoftheapes said:

Silent Hill 2

Silent Hill 2 just blowed my mind! What do you think about Resident Evil 2?

1 of my fav RE games of alltime tbh : )

Yeah! I remember myself when I was a little kid playing RE2 with some friends and all together totally scared of the f.... zombies. Just when you come to the police station, you realize something terrifying is gonna happen!

Avatar image for Cravenraptor
#78 Posted by Cravenraptor (64 posts) -

Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza! YES. This game was awesome somehow! I loved the movie so I loved the game. Although the gunplay was kinda out of range...

Avatar image for steve5xg
#79 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -
@Cravenraptor said:

Die Hard Nakatomi Plaza! YES. This game was awesome somehow! I loved the movie so I loved the game. Although the gunplay was kinda out of range...

Well, dude... Die Hard is probably the best action movie I have ever seen! Narrative is simply brilliant, since the moment McClane realize he has no shoes and must kill all terrorists by himself. I did not play the video game, but now I must admit I am really interested in playing it.

Avatar image for WAJ
#80 Posted by WAJ (771 posts) -

Legacy of Kain series.

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Soul Reaver
Soul Reaver 2
Blood Omen 2
Defiance

Avatar image for valgaav_219
#81 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2216 posts) -

- Chrono Trigger

- The Witcher 3

- Persona 4 Golden

- Uncharted(All of em')

- Final Fantasy VIII or X

- Horizon Zero Dawn

- Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

Avatar image for Cravenraptor
#82 Posted by Cravenraptor (64 posts) -

@steve5xg:

I agree but don´t expect too much of the game. When you love the movie you love the game - even if it is a bit strange sometimes but when you start in the lobby of the nakatomi plaza that is just awesome. When you hear the shots fired by the terrorists. You grab your gun and run right to the stairs and go up to the 32th floor! DO NOT SHOOT THE TERRORISTS!! Just escape up the stairs like in the movie.

I am saying this because many friends who have played it got killed at the beginning and said this is a bullshit game! :/

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#83 Posted by robert_sparkes (2781 posts) -

Uncharted 1 for what it was at the time I never played that type of game before apart from way back in the day with tomb raider 2. It opened my eyes to the genre.

Avatar image for DEVILinIRON
#84 Edited by DEVILinIRON (4702 posts) -

Gotta go with Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within. It's about werewolves.

Avatar image for steve5xg
#85 Edited by Steve5XG (171 posts) -
@Cravenraptor said:

@steve5xg:

I agree but don´t expect too much of the game. When you love the movie you love the game - even if it is a bit strange sometimes but when you start in the lobby of the nakatomi plaza that is just awesome. When you hear the shots fired by the terrorists. You grab your gun and run right to the stairs and go up to the 32th floor! DO NOT SHOOT THE TERRORISTS!! Just escape up the stairs like in the movie.

I am saying this because many friends who have played it got killed at the beginning and said this is a bullshit game! :/

Oh man! Such a good advice! Can't wait to play it. Indeed, I gotta see the movie this weekend, just to remember hahaha

Avatar image for sarahrosario
#86 Edited by Sarahrosario (43 posts) -

When it comes to story then I would say that assassin's creed is one of the best story game

Avatar image for evmost95
#87 Posted by evmost95 (2 posts) -

In my opinion the best game with a story I've ever played is easily Zelda: Ocarina of Time hands down.

Avatar image for grizlzycapybara
#88 Posted by GrizlzyCapybara (26 posts) -

Witcher or Bioshock Infinite. As for online games, Lineage 2 Classic has a good fantasy story (some sort of Skyrim).

Avatar image for Cravenraptor
#89 Posted by Cravenraptor (64 posts) -

@grizlzycapybara:

I found the story of the first Bioshock far more interesting as Bioshock Infinite. Never liked the city in the clouds.

Avatar image for steve5xg
#90 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -
@sarahrosario said:

When it comes to story then I would say that assassin's creed is one of the best story game

And what's your opinion about the movie with Michael Fassbender?

@evmost95 said:

In my opinion the best game with a story I've ever played is easily Zelda: Ocarina of Time hands down.

One of my Top 3 (might be the top one, indeed).

Avatar image for kedkad
#93 Posted by kedkad (6 posts) -

So far i enjoyed playing battlefield V and One, The story was good although not as good as i expected but i liked it.

Avatar image for steve5xg
#94 Posted by Steve5XG (171 posts) -
@kedkad said:

So far i enjoyed playing battlefield V and One, The story was good although not as good as i expected but i liked it.

Well, what I like about Battlefield V is just the gameplay, but surely I will take a look on the storyline, just in case!

Avatar image for grizlzycapybara
#95 Posted by GrizlzyCapybara (26 posts) -

@lanternlumen:

@lanternlumen said:
@grizlzycapybara said:

Witcher or Bioshock Infinite. As for online games, Lineage 2 Classic has a good fantasy story (some sort of Skyrim).

I also found L2C a bit Skyrim-ish, so to speak. I was looking for a MMO that looks like Skyrim and was happy to find there is Lineage 2 Classic.

Yep, Lineage Classic has some similar to Skyrim fantasy style locations.

Avatar image for grizlzycapybara
#97 Posted by GrizlzyCapybara (26 posts) -
@worldofghouls said:

@grizlzycapybara:

@grizlzycapybara said:

@lanternlumen:

@lanternlumen said:
@grizlzycapybara said:

Witcher or Bioshock Infinite. As for online games, Lineage 2 Classic has a good fantasy story (some sort of Skyrim).

I also found L2C a bit Skyrim-ish, so to speak. I was looking for a MMO that looks like Skyrim and was happy to find there is Lineage 2 Classic.

Yep, Lineage Classic has some similar to Skyrim fantasy style locations.

Bold. Not taking away from Lineage, for me they're nothing alike, and I played both during the last year. How exactly do you find them similar?

Both are about fantasy, have similar seasoned locations (like snowy Schuttgart or Hot Springs), both are addictive :)

Avatar image for fishinggo
#98 Posted by FishingGo (6 posts) -

im prefer with zelda

Avatar image for sarahrosario
#100 Edited by Sarahrosario (43 posts) -

@steve5xg said:
@sarahrosario said:

When it comes to story then I would say that assassin's creed is one of the best story game

And what's your opinion about the movie with Michael Fassbender?

@evmost95 said:

In my opinion the best game with a story I've ever played is easily Zelda: Ocarina of Time hands down.

One of my Top 3 (might be the top one, indeed).

I dont have any about that