Whats the best Pac-Man on consoles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

Im not talking about the Pac-Man World gamesI mean what is the best version of the arcade Pac-Man availableon consoles?

I know that that Xbox LIVE Pac-Man on Arcade with all the extra modes got great scores but Im just looking for original Pac-Man. I onced played Pac-Man World Aniv. Edition on PS1 that came with the c-lassic game. Would that be the best choice?

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
Probably the NES version, I'd guess. I haven't played all the versions, though, so don't quote me. I do know the Atari 2600 version is just sad compared to the arcade, I own it, trust me, it's barely the same game. NES should have been able to mimic the arcade version perfectly, and from what I remember from my childhood it did, but that was a while ago. I'd also be willing to bet you'd be safe with any modern collection of games that includes Pac-Man. Namco Museum, or some Pac-Man Collection ought to be able to mirror the arcade no problem.
TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 TheTrueMagusX1
Member since 2009 • 2560 Posts

Probably the NES version, I'd guess. I haven't played all the versions, though, so don't quote me. I do know the Atari 2600 version is just sad compared to the arcade, I own it, trust me, it's barely the same game. NES should have been able to mimic the arcade version perfectly, and from what I remember from my childhood it did, but that was a while ago. I'd also be willing to bet you'd be safe with any modern collection of games that includes Pac-Man. Namco Museum, or some Pac-Man Collection ought to be able to mirror the arcade no problem.Emerald_Warrior

The NES port of Pacman is ok, there are truthfully far too many ports of Pacman released over the years. Everything from at least one port of the game on every handheld and console, there are also very good ports on those plug and play controllers. Over the numerous Namcom museums, and such pretty much all the ports of Pacman I have played for the last 15 years or so have been perfect ports of the game, except for the DS ports due to the small screen size just does not work with Pacman.

TheTrueMagusX1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 TheTrueMagusX1
Member since 2009 • 2560 Posts

Im not talking about the Pac-Man World gamesI mean what is the best version of the arcade Pac-Man availableon consoles?

I know that that Xbox LIVE Pac-Man on Arcade with all the extra modes got great scores but Im just looking for original Pac-Man. I onced played Pac-Man World Aniv. Edition on PS1 that came with the c-lassic game. Would that be the best choice?

wildcat2000

The Pacman on Xbox live has no extra modes aside from leader boards. Other then that there are no other extra modes in the XBL port of Pacman. Thats an excellent port, or if you have a PS3 I would highly reccomend Namco Museum Essentials. Its a great little compilation that has Pacman, but also Dig Dug, Xevious, galaga and over looked Dragon Spirit along with a remake of Xevious.

As for the Pacman with extra modes your probably thinking of Pacman Championship edition which was critically acclaimed, and is considered by many to be the true sequel to Pacman.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

just get the nes one or the xbla one or mame on your pc..

wildcat2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wildcat2000
Member since 2006 • 4498 Posts

As for the Pacman with extra modes your probably thinking of Pacman Championship edition which was critically acclaimed, and is considered by many to be the true sequel to Pacman.TheTrueMagusX1

Ya I think thats the one Im thinking of....but like I said Im just looking for original Pac-Man.

Thanks guys. I'll check out the NES version

Second_Rook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Second_Rook
Member since 2007 • 3680 Posts
I think the one I had was on a collection called Namco Museum Volume 1, also had Galaga. It was for PS2. Maybe those old arcade collections have no cool cred though, I'm not sure how it works.
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#8 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
Gotta go with the NES one, it's the most accurate and just as fun as the arcade classic.
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
The NES version is weak sauce. The colors are off, the sounds are off, the speed is off, and Pac-Man looks too big for the maze:  See how he looks like he's touching the walls? Awful. The Atari 7800 version is the best, though it was a homebrew:  The stock 7800 control stick is great for the game, too.
hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

NES version is pratically the same like arcade counterpart, go for it

AverageGamer99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 AverageGamer99
Member since 2010 • 177 Posts

Pacman World's 1-3 were good adventure games that had mazes.

If you mean like pictures above, I know there was a game that had 5 classic games like DigDug and stuff on it.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Buy the Namco museum version , it's a 100 % port of the Arcade version , Mame is also a great option .

Nes version is crap compared to the Arcade and i can't believe people actually recommending it .