Whats the best game magazine?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

persian_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 persian_knight
Member since 2008 • 38 Posts

i want some other news on games and stuff and i enjoy reading game magazines

so what are the best/cheapest ones

since i want nintendo power but its usa only so i cant get it

so what are in england

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 muthsera666
Member since 2005 • 13271 Posts
I have no idea what's available in England, but Game Informer is pretty nice. I like it.
bam925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bam925
Member since 2003 • 465 Posts

I have no idea what's available in England, but Game Informer is pretty nice. I like it.muthsera666

Agreed!

GAME INFORMER

DManSteelerFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 DManSteelerFan
Member since 2009 • 1097 Posts
Game Informer is above and beyond the rest!
hammeredmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hammeredmonkey
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Game Informer definitely. They talk about all the game systems
gameoverr2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gameoverr2004
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts
its Spider in pakistan...
el_rika

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 el_rika
Member since 2004 • 3474 Posts

Game Informer - good quality journalism.

ramboturd72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 ramboturd72
Member since 2008 • 3514 Posts

Well I subscribe to two magazines right now and I have my gripes about both. Nintendo Power is the first one and I'm starting to not like it anymore because they keep forgetting to send me issues and the writers are just plain boring IMO. Back when they weren't owned by Future US, I never had these problems.

The other magazine I subscribe to is Gamepro. Gamepro is ok, but they make a lot of errors about games coming to platforms.

cooldude1888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 cooldude1888
Member since 2008 • 363 Posts

PLAY! I am a loyal PLAY fan. Definately PLAY. They stand out from the rest. I subscribe and write in. I once got a note in

in Issue 175 and got a freee copy of LOTR Conquest sent to me. Yeah, beat that losers, yeah you cant! PLAY rules, get it!

The_Sand_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 The_Sand_Man
Member since 2008 • 6788 Posts

I get Game Informer every month and I love it.

K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#11 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
Game informer.
di_sgt_barber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 di_sgt_barber
Member since 2008 • 1082 Posts
i HATE game informer! they're so predictable, so unopinionated. Edge is where its at, with their very in-depth writing and open-minded intellectualism, and the Play journalists are the only ones that seem honest most of the time, not to mention they know how to find something to like in every game.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 muthsera666
i HATE game informer! they're so predictable, so unopinionated. Edge is where its at, with their very in-depth writing and open-minded intellectualism, and the Play journalists are the only ones that seem honest most of the time, not to mention they know how to find something to like in every game.di_sgt_barber
Game Informer is so unopinionated? Isn't a good thing? I thought objectivity in journalism is good.
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I have never even seen an Edge magazine before.And if I did I never picked it up.
di_sgt_barber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 di_sgt_barber

[QUOTE="di_sgt_barber"]i HATE game informer! they're so predictable, so unopinionated. Edge is where its at, with their very in-depth writing and open-minded intellectualism, and the Play journalists are the only ones that seem honest most of the time, not to mention they know how to find something to like in every game.muthsera666
Game Informer is so unopinionated? Isn't a good thing? I thought objectivity in journalism is good.

not when you give impressions and write reviews. they like what's popular. unlike Play, you won't see very unique opinions. Play journalist don't usually agree with the common opinion, and their mag is very different from the rest.

muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 muthsera666

[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="di_sgt_barber"]i HATE game informer! they're so predictable, so unopinionated. Edge is where its at, with their very in-depth writing and open-minded intellectualism, and the Play journalists are the only ones that seem honest most of the time, not to mention they know how to find something to like in every game.di_sgt_barber

not when you give impressions and write reviews. they like what's popular. unlike Play, you won't see very unique opinions. Play journalist don't usually agree with the common opinion, and their mag is very different from the rest.

Personally, I want objective reviews. I want the game reviewed as the game itself stands. Not whether the reviewer liked it or not. I just want the facts and the information on the game, gameplay, story. I can determine for myself if I like the game; I don't really care if the reviewer liked the game. But that's me.
di_sgt_barber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 di_sgt_barber
[QUOTE="muthsera666"][QUOTE="di_sgt_barber"]

Game Informer is so unopinionated? Isn't a good thing? I thought objectivity in journalism is good.muthsera666

Personally, I want objective reviews. I want the game reviewed as the game itself stands. Not whether the reviewer liked it or not. I just want the facts and the information on the game, gameplay, story. I can determine for myself if I like the game; I don't really care if the reviewer liked the game. But that's me.

this is why Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed, and Spore got good reviews. the reviewer noted that everything was well-done, but they overlooked that "soul" that gamers look for.
muthsera666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 muthsera666

this is why Far Cry 2, Assassin's Creed, and Spore got good reviews. the reviewer noted that everything was well-done, but they overlooked that "soul" that gamers look for.di_sgt_barber

Oh. I guess I'm not a gamer, then.

Lxthr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lxthr
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

None of them are worth a damn.

Lxthr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lxthr
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

Personally, I want objective reviews. I want the game reviewed as the game itself stands. Not whether the reviewer liked it or not. I just want the facts and the information on the game, gameplay, story. I can determine for myself if I like the game; I don't really care if the reviewer liked the game. But that's me.muthsera666
There is no such thing as an "objective review". Reviews are inherently subjective, and that's that. If you want to know about the game, read the press release.

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

I too liked GameInformer. I don't get them anymore though. It got to the point I would skim through them in a couple minutes and never touch them again.