What's the best collector's edition you ever owned?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

I think mine is the Persona 5 Phantom Thieves Edition just because it comes with a replica Phantom Thieves mask lol. I still have this btw. How about you, GD? What's the best collector's edition you ever owned?

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Bandai Namco various Tales of game series collectors edition. Always comes with a big box and some good content. You bet I am gonna buy the the tales of Arise collector's edition as per below next!

-------------------------

Also the Last Guardian trico collector edition. I get this for $40 and its the cheapest ever I bought and quite fond of it. Found it at a store seems like nobody is interested in it so I been eyeing for a while before finally commiting the purchase.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

@sakaixx: nice pick up for $40. Kinda sad that Ueda doesn't do games for Sony anymore. That Tales statue looks cool. I've never actually played through a Tales game. I own Berseria and Vesperia HD but didn't get to it. I picked up Ys 9 a couple months ago and I think that is going to fill my action JRPG fix for now. But I will see how Arise does.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Release game packages with extra goodies. . Have a few. Best is an odd term for this so I'll split it into two, price, and personal value. Will also add ones I own that are worth way more now than they once was.

In price? The Lord of Cinder Collectors for Dark Souls III. I really like the model.

Of personal value? Tough to say considering my favorite collectors come with amazing art books. And I put Vanillaware and Nippon Ichi above everything else. The art books are simply amazing Prinny: Collection was a more recent one, and a year and a half a go for 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim; which if I am honest paled in comparison to the Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown Collectors I got prior.

They are not the best however noticed value for these ones go way up considering Bethesda pushed out a certain someone for 'creative differences'. Own the collectors for both The Psycho Break/ Evil Within games; which come with artbooks, having extensive notes by Art Director and Concept Artist Nakamura Ikumi kun. Who most not familiar her work as an artist may know her for a much later e3 appearance which was very wholesome and funny.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

The one that came to mind first was the Bioshock Infinite Collector's Edition:

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

Doom Eternal that came with a Doomguy helmet.

mjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mjc  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 12723 Posts

I rarely buy ’em, but one I do have I’m quite fond of is 3rd Birthday Twisted Edition on PSP

Jcdenton03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Jcdenton03
Member since 2021 • 26 Posts

I'd probably say Cyberpunk 2077's CE. With the Witcher 3 collector edition following closely!

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

It comes with a li'l catapult (i know says onager in the pic). the box has board games on the inside and it has loads of random stuff.

I think i still have everything but the catapult. i regret losing that in a house move :(.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#11 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Personally really liked the Catherine: “Love Is Over” edition that I once owned for the PS3. Think I ended up selling it though for whatever reason. Pity I can’t add an image seeing as I’m on my tablet. But from memory it came with a t-shirt, a couple of coasters & a poster all housed in a pizza box.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34572 Posts

Pretty sure I don't own any collector's edition of anything. They usually cost 5+ times more than just the game and consists 90% of plastic bullshit, or something else that just sits on a shelf, making you wonder why it cost so much.

Got some "special editions" though. Favourite one is probably my copy of Wind Waker which contains a disc with Ocarina of Time / Master Quest.