Whats "the best" D&D game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

Ive always thought D&D was interesting and something I always wanted to get into but growing up no one really played it near me. Now that Im older I just dont have the time to go out and find a group that plays, get to learn everything and get involved in it.

So I am looking for the game that best delvs into D&D lore with gameplay that reflects it well and so on. Something to give me a good feeling of the whole D&D experince. I understand though that the games heart is in playing with others and crafting your own experince, that would be hard to do in a video game but Im hoping to find a good substitute.

I see so many games labeled as D&D but with so little personal experince with it I dont know what is truly one of the best games.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#2 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Planescape Torment is great for story, roleplay, and being a really well made game in the Planescape setting. Baldurs Gate 2 is the best for the Forgotten Realms setting and has better gameplay while still having a good story and characters. For a game that plays something like D&D I think Temple of Elemental Evil is the only one that is actually turn based and is based on a module for the game but I heard a lot of people weren't happy with it, including the developers who said they weren't able to do what they wanted with it.

Ive always thought D&D was interesting and something I always wanted to get into but growing up no one really played it near me. Now that Im older I just dont have the time to go out and find a group that plays, get to learn everything and get involved in it.

You could always find an online game, and play Pathfinder instead

Darkmoone1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Darkmoone1
Member since 2008 • 2845 Posts
I'd say the First NeverWinter Nights(And maybe the second one as well if interested.).
c_rakestraw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 64

#4 c_rakestraw  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 14627 Posts

Use the recommendation thread, please.