What would make oblivion a better game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

E-XRiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 E-XRiot
Member since 2009 • 70 Posts

just another moving mechanism

and it would be crazy

[like the one dark messiah has]

Rikardur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Rikardur
Member since 2008 • 9290 Posts

More interesting NPCs. I found the game to be quite dull. It needs more elements to grab my interest. That's why I liked games like Mass Effect because the NPCs at least had depth to them.

Colin1192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Colin1192
Member since 2008 • 6221 Posts

More NPC's in the cities. It would make it more interesting and lively

Anti-Repellent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Anti-Repellent
Member since 2008 • 333 Posts

More realistic NPCs. When you talk to someone, you don't normally stare off everywhere and be perfectly still. They need more life.

Better weapons and armor, as you level higher it seems like you're still the level you started off at. Taking you awhile to kill.

Better looking characters. 4srs.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

mod support. If the ps3 verion of UT3 has why caant the ps3 version? more cool looking weapons and armor like a fire sword

Avatar image for deactivated-5d4b602d21842
deactivated-5d4b602d21842

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 deactivated-5d4b602d21842
Member since 2006 • 5036 Posts

Better NPCs (more interesting to talk to I.E. Mass Effect)

And despite there being just so much to do, it still needed more because of its awesomeness (more guilds and side quests for example)

cobrax75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cobrax75
Member since 2007 • 8389 Posts

mod support. If the ps3 verion of UT3 has why caant the ps3 version? more cool looking weapons and armor like a fire sword

TheShadowLord07

Because UT3 on the PS3 only had very basic mod support, and the mods for Oblivion tend to be muli-filed and complex.

Avatar image for 190586385885857957282413308806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 116

#8 190586385885857957282413308806
Member since 2002 • 13084 Posts
cities that don't load into their own zones no creatures/characters that level with the character a playthough in which a single character can't accomplish everything at once a redone speech system where it's not just a wheel that you flirst/joke/intimadate a person over and over until you get what you want. A more creative environment than just forests and hills more creative creatures that the overused goblins, ogres, minotaurs... bring back more skills, arrows, ranged weapons, spells, armor... make ranged weapons more like they did in Two Worlds to where a bow and arrow is actualy a weapon that is effective in the game. more factions, more quests given outside of towns/random encounters. A reason for exploration such as unique weapons/items found in caves, or ruins hand made ruins and caves so that the same ones don't pop up over and over again.
shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

No more world auto leveling system

More Epic Items

The skill to be able to forge/upgrade your weapons.

SaviourJustice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SaviourJustice
Member since 2007 • 489 Posts
Has a mechanism to design the animation of spells. Have the power to imbue weapons with elements Change ice element animation XDDDD Classes affect the style you hold a weapon More maps An epic enemy (huge)
ShotGunBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShotGunBunny
Member since 2004 • 2184 Posts
Hiring a team of writers who can actually write anything that isn't completely dull and uninspired.
aijou_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 aijou_
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts

Better animations and more flexible gameplay. At the moment it feels very clumsy.

also the most of the NPCsfeels kinda stiff.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have the control and gameplay of assassins creed intergrated in the world and story of Oblivion. Sure sounds like the game of my dreams to me!

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

TheShadowLord07

Sony doesn't want to support the Construction Set. Same thing with Microsoft. So 360 & PS3 won't ever be able to use player-made mods like PC users. Not the game's fault or the publisher's fault.

_AbBaNdOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#14 _AbBaNdOn
Member since 2005 • 6518 Posts
Better graphics, 3rd person action combat like Fable or Zelda....ummm thats all I got after playing with it for an hour lol. Can never go wrong with a kick ass item crafting system. If equipment has durability like in Fallout get rid of that lol...

Something I heard others talk about is klass/skill unbalance and how you have to take certain things to be any good later on. So I guess better balance.

I freaking hate when rpg games try to make klasses feel different by making them play different. To me the only difference between a warrior, wizard or archer should be the attack animations.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 topsemag55

I'm running around 70 or so mods right now.

I've got more NPCs in the cities, NPCs traveling to other cities that never traveled before, a brand-new Archaeology Guild, a 100% revamped Mages Guild which has returned to the way it was run when it was founded (lore-based quest-mod), a fully-staffed Elder Council (with briefings), an Imperial Legion you can join, a Necromancer's Guild you can join, Kvatch is a functional city (my character is Count Kvatch), an additional teleportation system powered by Welkynd Stones, the ability to teach companions new magic spells. New vampire factions.

Edit: Add to that an OBSE levelling mod, which changes the skill & stats progression from 1-100 to 1-200.

All three Unofficial Patches, so basically glitch-free gaming.

OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender), Oblivion Mod Manager, Wrye Bash, OAF, FCOM Helper for utilities.

No boasting here, just listing what I did to make Oblivion more playable for myself.

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

[QUOTE="TheShadowLord07"]

topsemag55

Sony doesn't want to support the Construction Set. Same thing with Microsoft. So 360 & PS3 won't ever be able to use player-made mods like PC users. Not the game's fault or the publisher's fault.

I dont think it has anything to do with Sony or Microsoft. Its probably that Bethesda doesnt want to bother porting and supporting the editor on a console. Its just aded hassle, and it will only produce poor results compared to the PC version. Consoles do not have access to any kind of custom content creation tools, so they would be vastly limited in what can be achieved from the toolkit. They also probably dont bother adding mod support, even if it only had the tools on the PC, because only a smallpercentage of people try out mods. Even fewer for the consoles. Why exactly are they going to spend so much time and monye on something maybe 1% of users will experiment with? Its a waste of resources.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 topsemag55

The Console ("~" Key) is also unavailable to 360 & PS3. Being able to free a stuck character or resurrecting a fallen companion is a good feature to have.