What would gaming in the US be like if the SCOTUS voted against games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cheater87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 cheater87
Member since 2004 • 1036 Posts

Would the US become Germany and have games have a required low violence setting? Would it be illegal to import an uncensored game from Europe? What ratings would the government give certain games and what games would they outlaw?

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

Your question is missing context. "voted against," is so vague that the clarity to respond is so far eluding us. Is there a particular case upcoming, or are you generalizing? If your' hypothetical case is in your head, you'd have to share it with us to get a meaningful response.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58299 Posts

I don't know. Probably like it is in Germany or Australia; highly censored and/or much more on the banned list.

I heard Gears of War wasn't allowed in Germany because the Locusts' "iron cross" was too much like a Nazi one...but I always thought the Iron Cross was a pre-WWII medal, not a Nazi thing.

sin300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 sin300
Member since 2018 • 6 Posts

video games need more freedom, video games should capture peoples freedom of expression and turn it into something enjoying. I feel like we are playing all of the same games with better graphics and a little tweak here and there, that is about it.