What will you do with your gen 9 launch consoles once the inevitable revisions are released?

Avatar image for GalvatronType_R
GalvatronType_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Poll What will you do with your gen 9 launch consoles once the inevitable revisions are released? (8 votes)

Keep it, plugged in 38%
Keep it, put in storage 0%
Sell it, trade it, give it away 25%
Will not buy the revision consoles 38%

I’m not buying gen 9 until 2023 or whenever the upgraded mid-cycle revision consoles are released. I upgraded both gen 8 consoles twice each and looking back, it was a waste of money and dumb crass consumerism on my part so I’m not doing it again.

But I’m curious about what those within 9 launch consoles will do once the mid-cycle boxes are released.

• 
RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#1 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

Just to name some from the past decade and a half-

PS3/360 launch, bought. Never grabbed the new ones.

PS4/ Switch launch, bought. Never grabbed the new ones/ Doubt I'd get the next one

PS5 launch, bought. repeat above_

*Only rebuy I can think of was the 3DS to N3DS; and was namely because I broke my old one after its warranty. Had the same with 360 but passed buying a new one. Anyone who bought a Playstation 4 Pro after owning a PS4? honestly wasted money. Simple as that.

Only console I truly regret grabbing was the WiiU.

Avatar image for kirkalbuquerque
KirkAlbuquerque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 KirkAlbuquerque
Member since 2020 • 285 Posts

I never bought the PS4 pro

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

This thought has actually been in my head since the Cyberpunk fiasco. Everybody is buying the PS5 now, but what happen in like 7 or 8 years when those consoles can't run the games anymore.

NukleaWorfair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4 NukleaWorfair
Member since 2009 • 475 Posts

@GalvatronType_R:

I'm a bit confused here. You said you thought upgrading mid gen was a waste of money? So instead of buying a launch model and keeping it, you're going to wait mid gen for something that is a waste of money if you already have the launch model. Right?

jeffbuckley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5 jeffbuckley1
Member since 2004 • 270 Posts

@watchdogsrules:

You buy the new one

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

I’ll stick with the original ps5 I have. It does what I want it too, and I waited long enough for it.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#7  Edited By Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Never bought the revision console for PS4 so, I doubt I’ll be doing it with the PS5. Only revision console I purchased in replacement of the launch was the Nintendo Switch. The few more hours of battery life really seems to make a difference.

Generally not fussed with getting the best possible performance. Mainly just focused on actually playing the games and getting experiences & memories from it.

As long as the console works the way it’s intended to and have the ability to play every game that’s released, I’m sweet.