Velius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Velius
Member since 2016 • 66 Posts

The PS4/XB1. There is one, one noteworthy game that you can't play on PC. Bloodborne. That's it. Destiny is fun with friends but not necessary. This generation of MS/Sony is the absolute slowest to start. If you have even a decent computer there is no reason to buy either.

Azu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Azu
Member since 2016 • 8 Posts

Rush 2049 on the Dreamcast

I'd wanted it for a really long time, and game play footage of the game looked pretty great. The problem is, that it was always really expensive

When I finally got it, I was super disappointed. It really didn't live up to any of the hype that surrounded it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5796fa1841507
deactivated-5796fa1841507

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53  Edited By deactivated-5796fa1841507
Member since 2016 • 34 Posts

Saints Row 4

Emily185

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Emily185
Member since 2016 • 7 Posts

This is not the worst but in a way it was. I bought the dreamcast the day of launch and had like 6 games bought during the time it was active. When i learned it was discontinued and prices dramatically lowered I wish i waited. Sega deserved the money so not totally mad. I still play it from time to time. Some games were ported to steam so i bought and played them to support sega.

Buying the Virtual Boy was one of my worst purchases. Only had 2 games worth playing and it broke a little after they discontinued it and i pretty much said screw it and never bothered to find a newish one on ebay since people had it for such a high ridiculous price!

As for games...Only one i can think of was buying the special limited edition of Duke Nukem Forever for the XBOX360. I was super hyped to play it but got disappointed somehow.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By poe13
Member since 2005 • 728 Posts

I'm so glad I knew never to buy peripherals for consoles like the PS Move or Kinect or all those things that were really only for gimmicky games, although the PS Move with the sharpshooter gun looked kind of cool for Killzone 3.

However, my worst regret (and I bought hundreds of games over the 18 years I have been gaming) is probably spending around $60 more or less on all of the DLC map packs for Max Payne 3 and never putting in more than a total of 6 hours online because I thought the multiplayer was very fucking frustrating. The funny part is that I got Max Payne 3 the same year it came out in 2012 during the Black Friday sale for only $20 and played the whole game through. I started it up recently because I really like how the story goes from cinematic and sad narrative to intense shootouts with a cool soundtrack. So I put more time into the SP and paid WAYYYYY less than the MP which I totally keep kicking myself for even today for paying so much for all those stupid fucking map packs.

Oh ok, I just checked the Steam page and its showing $34.99 for all of the DLC items (I have it for PS3). Still though, way too much money for something I really never fully utilized.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Mine would be the Sega Saturn, although it was a Xmas present so I never bought it myself. My brother was getting a ps1 for Xmas and I really wanted a new console as well. What I should have done was wait until the launch of the n64 I'm January. But being and impatient little bleeder I asked for the Saturn instead. Regretted later when all my friends were playing Mario 64, goldeneye and ocarina of time.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 6034 Posts

Gameboy, I didn't buy it but got it as a Xmas present. I was SOOOOO excited, Tetris and a new SMB game!!! But holy hell the screen was awful, even as a kid I couldn't get past the horrible puke green color or that unless conditions were perfect you just couldn't see the screen. I sold it for $90 about 2 months after getting it.

djoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 djoffer
Member since 2007 • 1705 Posts

Fallout 4 by a long shot, how that game didnt get universally trashed is beyond me, and I enjoyed FO 3 quite a bit.

deadrizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 deadrizen
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

I'm sure I've made some bad purchases in the past that I don't remember, but most recently I'd say Star Wars battlefront (EA). Such a disappointment, bought it the day it came out only to realize there was barely any single player or splitscreen content.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#61 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2289 Posts

I'd say the worst ever was Starfox 64 when it came out. I bought this add on that you plugged into the remote or something it came to 110 bucks. I get home and beat the game in like 2 hours. I was so pissed off. Returned it right away.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37667 Posts

Unfortunately I helped kickstart Takedown: Red Sabre

Loading Video...

On the up-shoot, Red Orchestra and Insurgency sprang up.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#63  Edited By scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

GTX 770. Nvidia completely stopped caring about driver optimization for new games the moment Maxwell came out. Plus, it's unbelievably terrible at DirectX 12 (literally 1 FPS in the 3DMark Time Spy Demo) and Vulkan (DOOM runs poorly even on low) games, which are most of the reason I upgraded to a 6 core CPU. Plus, I mostly bought it for The Witcher 3, which got delayed a year shortly afterwards.

jwsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#64 jwsoul
Member since 2005 • 5445 Posts

@uninspiredcup: Why why Kickstart a game so lame. Such a waste of money it makes me wonder to some people sanity. You got what you deserved maybe you will stop throwing money away.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#65  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 37667 Posts

@jwsoul said:

@uninspiredcup: Why why Kickstart a game so lame. Such a waste of money it makes me wonder to some people sanity. You got what you deserved maybe you will stop throwing money away.

Woe, easy there tiger.

Also Kickstarted Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2 and Grim Dawn and those happily delivered the goods while bringing fourth a resurgence in the CRPG - it's a gamble for sure, but one that has largely payed off.

You have to understand as well, at the time, tactical shooters where all but dead. An entire sub-genre, wiped out. The game also had a positive impression from TotalBiscuit who was up until that point usually reliable.

Ezioprez9709

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 1

#66 Ezioprez9709
Member since 2012 • 742 Posts

@Metallic_Blade: At least you didn't get an Xbox 360 at launch. Then again, both consoles at pretty lousy launches when it came to hardware.

tandukbadak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 tandukbadak
Member since 2005 • 290 Posts

The original XBOX360. Died in 3 months due to RROD.

Then bought PS3 first generation. Died in 1.5 years due to YLOD. Still much more worth than the X360.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 5354 Posts

Previously I mentioned how my worst purchase was a piece of software. Namely, Superman 64 and it was a special kind of crap. As I thought about it more, Rise of the Dark Spark has been worse than any other software or hardware purchase. War/Fall of Cybertron will always be hard acts to follow but this game was unbelievably bad. I can not believe people put this garbage together and charged money for it.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#70 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 19566 Posts

@ryan78134 said:

As per the title, what's the purchase you made that made you most regret your decision? It could be anything from a console, to a game, a peripheral, DLC.

Mine has to be the PS Vita, which hurts because as a console it shows so much promise. I'm not a big JRPG fan, and really the selection of great games on the handheld outside of that genre just isn't big enough. I've had some great moments with it, playing Metal Gear Solid HD again & Gravity Rush.. but there just isn't enough there to make me not regret my purchase.

I do wish Sony supported it more, and that there were more games designed specifically for the Vita rather than lazily ported over, because it had the potential to be one of the best handheld consoles ever.

So, what's yours?

Witcher 3 and Sega Rollercoaster Tycoon World.

The only games iv ever got a refund.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

The Goldeneye remake on Wii. God awful.

skipper847

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#72 skipper847
Member since 2006 • 7334 Posts

The sims 4

GuitarGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By GuitarGamer
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

Kinect (duh)

AC Unity (duh)

Star wars: Knights of the Old Republic (Say what! Overrated as hell. The worst game I've ever played because of the stupid combat system)