What was your favorite mission in a game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts

Mine is proly between GTA IV's bank heist and Mass Effect 2's collector mission.

Apocalypse324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Apocalypse324
Member since 2007 • 1486 Posts
Either "Beaches of Normandy"from Medal of Honor Frontline Or "Who Dunnit?" from Oblivion
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
i cant think of specifics outside of the heist from gta4...probably because thats the only one worth mentioning from that game
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

As much as I don't care for Call of Duty anymore I have to admit COD4's "All Ghillied Up" is one of my favorites.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts

As much as I don't care for Call of Duty anymore I have to admit COD4's "All Ghillied Up" is one of my favorites.

Vari3ty
oh and this one too
Postal_Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Postal_Guy
Member since 2006 • 2643 Posts

Stalingrad in CoD 1 was pretty epic

csftar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 csftar
Member since 2009 • 937 Posts

Vari3ty

YES,THIS. ALL OF IT.

Hatiko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Hatiko
Member since 2006 • 4669 Posts

Kingdom Hearts' Nightmare Before Christmas Level

Boat Level of DMC

Level where you fight your master in Asura's Wrath

MGS2 naked times (jkjk)

Syphon Filter 2 when you have to make Chase go into the helicopter propellers

RickGotti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RickGotti
Member since 2006 • 609 Posts

It's a tie between 'Silent Cartographer' & Truth & Reconciliation in Halo CE. God I loved that whole campaign, but those 2 levels are both awesome

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

i loved going through the cruise ship part in Uncharted 3, especially when the cruise ship was falling apart

Yusuke420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Yusuke420
Member since 2012 • 2770 Posts

The Maw from Halo 1

gamerdude375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gamerdude375
Member since 2012 • 204 Posts

Uncharted 2 - Locomotion - The whole part on the train speeding through the jungle, probably the most intense level of any game.

BioShock 2 - Inner Persephone, the Final Battle- protecting the escape pod, and then the dash to the elevator in the flooded room to try to reach the escape pod as it's launching. This is my favorite end-game sequence I've ever played alongside the Strider battle in HL2: Episode Two.

No One Lives Forever - Unexpected Turbulance - The part where you get blasted out of a plane and have to aquire a parachute while in free fall and fighting off bad guys.

Half-Life 2: Episode Two - The Strider Battle in the chapter "Our Mutual Friend" toward the end.

Left 4 Dead - Dead Air Finale, the finale in the airport where you see the plane crash....also The Sacrifice Finale at where you have to get the generators running then sacrifice yourself to raise the bridge to rescue the other survivors.

CKYguy25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CKYguy25
Member since 2012 • 2087 Posts

Left 4 Dead - Dead Air Finale, the finale in the airport where you see the plane crash....also The Sacrifice Finale at where you have to get the generators running then sacrifice yourself to raise the bridge to rescue the other survivors.

gamerdude375

now you're making me want to play that game again :P

chilly-chill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chilly-chill
Member since 2010 • 8902 Posts
I also like the last mission in Gears 1 where you advance up the train.
csftar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 csftar

Also, i don't know if it counts as "Missions", but i will always remember the Hell Trials from Baldur's Gate 2.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

I have to go with the cruise ship section of Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception. I have never played through a setpiece that well done from a gameplay standpoint or a technical standpoint. That whole chapter was absolutely incredible.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts
the 4th or 5th level in MDK where you ride a snowboard thingy down a long tunnel, gunning down enemies and james bond style music playing
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

The part in FFVII where you have to find Cloud a bunch of feminine apparel comes to mind if that counts. :P

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

Lich King's quests on World of Warcraft and the Bank Robbery on GTA IV.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts
I liked just about everything I played in Oblivion's Dark Brotherhood storyline.
megam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 megam
Member since 2003 • 457 Posts

Virmire on Mass Effect after reaching the salarian base camp. There are two important character decisions (First, Wrex standing down or not, followed by a sacrifice of a squadmate) to be made in this mission. Then, of course, there's the salarian's "hold the line" speech. Last, but not least, Shepard finally communicates with Sovereign. It's my favorite section in the game.

SonicX_89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SonicX_89
Member since 2008 • 573 Posts

For those who may not have played it, there's a mission in Saints Row: The Third that begins with your character jumping out of a helicoptor to invade a rooftop penthouse party and take it from a rival gang. After the initial assault, it is discovered that a bomb is present in the building and set to detonate. You then have to chase the guy who has the wherewithal to deactivate the bomb across the city in a helicoptor. All of this is happening while Kanye West's "Power" is playing in the background. The action on screen combined with the dialog and music was great to me and further cemented SR 3 as my personal GOTY of 2011.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

The Suicide Mission from Mass Effect 2, just fantastic

criminalscum87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 criminalscum87
Member since 2011 • 288 Posts

Virmire on Mass Effect after reaching the salarian base camp. There are two important character decisions (First, Wrex standing down or not, followed by a sacrifice of a squadmate) to be made in this mission. Then, of course, there's the salarian's "hold the line" speech. Last, but not least, Shepard finally communicates with Sovereign. It's my favorite section in the game.

megam

I agree with this so much. Best mission in any game I've ever played. Captain Kirrahe's speech was incredible, one of my favorite moments of the series.

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
Cradle from Thief 3 - creeping around inside an old insane asylum, turned orphanage that burnt down, and still inhabited by some of its former inmates - one of the most atmospheric, tense and jumpy/scary levels of any game I've played.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#26 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts

Vari3ty
This. And the AC130 mission. I don't play CoD anymore, but those were some really great missions.
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22390 Posts

Vari3ty
Yeah true that. It was pretty awesome... But the standout for me is still "Ravenholm" in Half-Life 2. Epic!
darkengy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darkengy
Member since 2012 • 171 Posts
Mission where I get to "assassinate" the targets especially the Pope in Assassin's Creed
Darth_Siegeis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Darth_Siegeis
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts
I do not have a favorite mission to be honest.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#30 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Cradle from Thief 3 - creeping around inside an old insane asylum, turned orphanage that burnt down, and still inhabited by some of its former inmates - one of the most atmospheric, tense and jumpy/scary levels of any game I've played.Avenger1324

This!

Ricardo41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ricardo41
Member since 2002 • 1046 Posts

The Hongkong mission in the first Deus Ex game. You ride an elevator down, the door opens and you're greeted with a blast of music.

Sends goose bumps down my spine every time I play it.

The first mission in the first Soldier of Fortune.

I could go on and on.....

Ricardo41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ricardo41
Member since 2002 • 1046 Posts

Another favorite: the mission in Undying where you chase Lisbeth around an altar until you chop off her head with the scythe.

Thefatness16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Thefatness16
Member since 2010 • 4673 Posts

Two betrayals in Halo:CE

chaplainDMK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chaplainDMK
Member since 2008 • 7004 Posts
The Montignac missions in Operation Flashpoint. The dawn attack as a grunt with the flares and evereything was very cool, showed the less technological part of modern warfare, and after the retreat the absolutley gutwrenching crawling through the forest as you hear tanks driving on the roads, helicopters flying overhead etc., and explosions in the distance. And you know you're all alone in this mess. And when you come back to recapture the village it's a very wierd feeling. Overall it was a very well done section of the campaign.
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#35 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
levels count? The village in Resident Evil 4 or the entire Castle in Resident Evil 4.
CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts
GTA 4 bank heist Mass Effect 3 Priority: The Citadel II Kingdom Hearts 2 The World That Never Was
Sharpie125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#37 Sharpie125
Member since 2005 • 3904 Posts

Two betrayals in Halo:CE

Thefatness16

The first time I played that I was co-oping with my sister way back in the day, and that might have been one of the most frustrating experiences that refused to end... but going back later, I've come to realize it's such a damn good level. Just the inclusion of the Flood and the music/atmosphere changed the entire dynamic.

Also, Arnhem Knights - Medal of Honor Frontline. I played the crap out of that level because the music was awesome. Doesn't really hold up today lol but I have fond memories.

Then from KotOR, Dantooine - Outback. It marked my new love of RPGs (I despised Taris) and I spent hours wandering those plains listening to the same relaxing minute thirty looped music cue, and I loved every second of it. Still do.

Those are pretty much all the games that I've put in hours/re-plays.

gamerdude375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gamerdude375
Member since 2012 • 204 Posts

Another favorite: the mission in Undying where you chase Lisbeth around an altar until you chop off her head with the scythe.

Ricardo41

Yeah, definitely remember that...the Lizbeth quest in Undying was definitely a great part of one of the creepiest games ever made.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Recently I have to say that the Mr. Freeze part of Arkham city was really well done as well as the Riddler hostage situations.

I also loved any of the levels in Super Mario 3D Land where you have a strict time limit that can only be replenished by defeating enemies, platforms that switch places according to your jumping or to the beat of the music, and a giant purple version of you that follows your every move so that your not allowed to trace your steps all at the same time.

Now I'll be lame and say everything from Punch-Out!! and everything from Rayman Origins

csftar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 csftar

I Must say, i didn't think much of Mass Effect, but i just completed the 2 games again and i've enjoyed them greatly(maybe it's the lower expectations, idk).

The Suicide Mission was just excellent, even if they pulled the hole Human Reaper thing out of their asses.

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

Bank robbery in Chaos Theory.