What was the worst game of this generation?

• 69 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

I'm very interested to know what people think is the worst game of this generation and why?! For example I think Heavy Rain is the worst game of this generation, because it in fact isn't a game at all and I didn't see the appeal of the game! Who knows I may even be tempted to play some of these monstorsities that people list just to see them for myself!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39307 Posts
Woah :|
Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

yeast infection, war z or whatever they call it now

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7127 Posts
I generally avoid bad games, so I can't really say. One exception would be Heavy Fire: Afghanistan. I actually played through it. Twice. Bad game, to put simply. Could have been worse I guess, but it's a legitimately bad game. I'm baffled that people can call some games "the worst game ever" just because they didn't really like them that much. No offense, but I think calling Heavy Rain the worst game of this generation is kind of absurd. Even if you couldn't get into or understand it, doesn't mean it's a terrible game. But, of course, opinions and such.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

War Z probably. Not only was it a horrible game in almost every way, it was also a massive scam.

Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts
WarZ, Revelations 2012, Ride to hell: Retribution, these are the sort of games that deserve to be listed here. Calling heavy rain the worst of this generation when abominations like these were released is harsh
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
WarZ, Revelations 2012, Ride to hell: Retribution, these are the sort of games that deserve to be listed here. Calling heavy rain the worst of this generation when abominations like these were released is harshTazzman1000
I agree with this man on all points.
drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

Duke Nukem Forever

but ride to hell retribution looks bad

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

Some people are saying its harsh that I called Heavy Rain the worst of the generation but at the end of the day I am only going by the games this generation that I have played, and out of those games, in my opinion Heavy Rain was the worst! I found that while there was next to no gameplay, I also wasnt gripped by the storyline of the game, I found only one character remotely interesting and I worked out the identity of the origami killer rather quickly, I felt that with something like Heavy Rain it needed a good story and character to keep me entertained due to the lack of gameplay and in my opinion it didnt have either!

lozengez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lozengez
Member since 2011 • 443 Posts
It is going to be a game that none of us played, some shovelware on the Wii or DS.
redshirt44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 redshirt44
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Duke Nukem Forever

drekula2
I second that. It's so bad you can get it for $2 at Gamestop.
NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Worst I have played is honestly Black Ops 2 on PC.

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

[QUOTE="drekula2"]

Duke Nukem Forever

redshirt44

I second that. It's so bad you can get it for $2 at Gamestop.

As bad as the demo was, it was better than the time I had with Black Ops 2 on PC.  Seriously.  That is sad.

SciFiCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 SciFiCat
Member since 2006 • 1750 Posts
Steel Battalion for Kinect, Star Wars for Kinect, Dragon Ball Z for Kinect, do you see a pattern here?
Granny_Spanked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Granny_Spanked
Member since 2013 • 1341 Posts
Thor, fvck that game.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

The worst is probably The War Z or something. Worst I've played this gen though would be Serious Sam 3.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5034 Posts

The worst games i've played this gen would be Too Human and Deadly Premonition. I'm sure worse games were released, but I managed to avoid them.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#18 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Out of all the games I have played, Resident Evil 5 is the worst.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 62122 Posts
Mafia 2 I want my 60 dollars back.
strothers101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 strothers101
Member since 2011 • 425 Posts

Recently, war z...umm what else... I hated final fantasy XIII, it was more boring than watching paint dry. I dont know about the worst games but two of the biggest let downs for me were duke nukem and aliens colonial marines. 

Avatar image for KaguyaHouraizan
KaguyaHouraizan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KaguyaHouraizan
Member since 2013 • 61 Posts

yeast infection, war z or whatever they call it now

Flubbbs
The War Z is considered a game? If i make a had to pick one it's either one of every COD made this generation.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26027 Posts

I would have to say from what I've played Fallout NV,Cursed Crusade,Aliens CM,Vanquish,Stronghold 3,The Mount and Blade series,DNF,Oblivion and Too Human were all pretty terrible.

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#23 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

Amy was pretty awful.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Bullit Witch

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Amy was pretty awful.

IndianaPwns39
This is actually a legitimate post guys. Claiming games like Too Human and Mafia 2 were the worst is ridiculous. Amy was basically broken and unplayable the controls were so unresponsive and terrible. At least Duke Nuke em functioned as a game, regardless of what you thought of it. And Heavy Rain wasn't a game. It was a movie....with a giant plot hole. A movie with a giant plot hole.
Tazzman1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Tazzman1000
Member since 2012 • 638 Posts

Some people are saying its harsh that I called Heavy Rain the worst of the generation but at the end of the day I am only going by the games this generation that I have played, and out of those games, in my opinion Heavy Rain was the worst! I found that while there was next to no gameplay, I also wasnt gripped by the storyline of the game, I found only one character remotely interesting and I worked out the identity of the origami killer rather quickly, I felt that with something like Heavy Rain it needed a good story and character to keep me entertained due to the lack of gameplay and in my opinion it didnt have either!

I-AM-N00B
Well then that's fair enough then, also I'm going to say Kane and Lynch is the worst game of this gen which I've played, and those other 3 deserve honourable mentions
insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

Luckily I tend to avoid bad games, so I cant actually say what the worst game this generation is. But I'd say the worst game I've PLAYED this generation is proabably Dragon Age 2, more due to the level of disappointment than with anything else, as it took everything I liked from the first game and almost completely removed it. Worst game this generation is probably something like Walking Dead: Survival Instinct though, best to look at what got the lowest scores on metacritic.

On the subject of Heavy Rain, I actually really enjoyed it and its one of few games this generation I played more than once, the identity of the Origami Killer also completely took me by surprise, I didn't think it was so obvious.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Legendary.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#29 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 37081 Posts

Bleach: Shattered Blade for Wii. Hate it (x4). Reason why? The motion controls were just plain broken.

TheManofTin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#30 TheManofTin
Member since 2011 • 395 Posts

I haven't really thought about it, but I would have to agree with most that War Z is the worst game of this generation. It's Murphy's Law in play. Completely displays all that could be wrong with a modern video game. 

I don't play many bad games, but the one that comes to mind as a huge disappointment is Perfect Dark Zero. 

Avatar image for AbstractRadical
AbstractRadical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AbstractRadical
Member since 2013 • 632 Posts
Duke Nukem Forever, waited all this time just for it to flop.
Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#32 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 13763 Posts

Ride to Hell: Retribution

IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#33 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

Amy was pretty awful.

firefox59

This is actually a legitimate post guys. Claiming games like Too Human and Mafia 2 were the worst is ridiculous. Amy was basically broken and unplayable the controls were so unresponsive and terrible. At least Duke Nuke em functioned as a game, regardless of what you thought of it. And Heavy Rain wasn't a game. It was a movie....with a giant plot hole. A movie with a giant plot hole.

I liked Heavy Rain but I have to correct you. It had giant plot holes, plural.

As for Amy: I played it on my friends PS3 in which he paid $2 for it. 

I felt ripped off.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5034 Posts

[QUOTE="IndianaPwns39"]

Amy was pretty awful.

firefox59

This is actually a legitimate post guys. Claiming games like Too Human and Mafia 2 were the worst is ridiculous

It's not. Comes down to what we've played. I don't care if we're talking about games that were universally panned by critics and those that played them. If you didn't play it, you can't say it's the worst game of this gen because you don't know what you're talking about - you're just jumping on a bandwagon. That would be an ilegitimate post: Pretending to act like you know when you don't. You disagree with the picks. Okay.

Bullit Witch

sukraj

aww. I had fun with that game. Admittedly, it was pretty poor but there was so few games worth playing back then. The generation was still young. Still sitting on 999 achievement points with that one.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
The worst games I have played this generation are (in no particular order): Sonic '06 (360 version is slightly less horrible than the PS3 version) Grand Theft Auto IV (360 version was the only one I played) Assassin's Creed I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations Castlevania Judgment (Wii) Final Fantasy XIII Far Cry Vengeance (Wii) Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Diablo III Mortal Kombat vc DC Universe, MK9 Street Fighter IV series (just on sheer disappointment) MVC3 (because it's broken trash and somehow less balanced than unpatchable games in the series like MVC2 and TvC) Street Fighter x Tekken (picking up a pattern here? Seth Killian and Yoshinori Ono ruined Capcom fighting games this generation) Bioshock (seriously, it's just a shallow and clunky as hell version of SS2 with a ninth grade book report on Atlas Shrugged shoved up its ass)
t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

I'm very interested to know what people think is the worst game of this generation and why?! For example I think Heavy Rain is the worst game of this generation, because it in fact isn't a game at all and I didn't see the appeal of the game! Who knows I may even be tempted to play some of these monstorsities that people list just to see them for myself!

I-AM-N00B

Depends on what you mean by worst game.

I could point at Call of Duty for bringing the worst gen of games I've ever encountered in my life span.(mostly casualized, and same-same games)

or I could point out a horribly made game. which in case I've played some pretty bad games but I'm sure I haven't played the worst made game this gen.

I liked heavy rain quite frankly it felt like a reimagining of an adventure game. I wonder do you consider point and click adventure games not games either?

My most disappointing game experience(though I had massive hype) was with Mass Effect 3, but really it was only the last 15 minutes that made this so disappointing.(man they could of came up with something easily better than this.)

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I think Heavy Rain is the worst game of this generation, because it in fact isn't a game at all

I-AM-N00B

Then how is it the worst game of this generation? Are we allowed to list movies, books, and albums as the worst games of generation? In that case I pick Grown Ups 2.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pffrbt

I would have to say from what I've played Fallout NV,Cursed Crusade,Aliens CM,Vanquish,Stronghold 3,The Mount and Blade series,DNF,Oblivion and Too Human were all pretty terrible.

Ballroompirate

How? It's one of the few shooters that's actually fun and unique, and doesn't force you to sit behind cover 90% of the time.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts
I have to agree with the sentiment expressed earlier that AMY is, objectively speaking, one of the absolute worst games of this console generation. I got it for $2 on PSN, and I feel like I paid $1.99 too much for it. Hell, I felt like they owed me $2 for the hour I tried to play it. It is just horrid in every sense of the word.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pffrbt

the identity of the Origami Killer also completely took me by surprise, I didn't think it was so obvious.insanegame377

Probably because it's impossible to figure out based on the clues the game gives you (especially since the game outright lies to the player and gives absolutely pointless red herrings), meaning the only way is to start thinking meta and ask what would probably be the shlockiest twist possible.

t1striker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 t1striker
Member since 2003 • 1549 Posts

Ballroompirate

Wow I don't think we could ever get along.

Fallout new vegas = the best fallout game since fallout 2 and the best game with any bethesda influence since morrowing.

Mount and blade series = One of the funnest and uniqe games I've played.(the combat is great)

Vanquish = is just plain fun.

oblivion = while not great is not bad

I could understand not liking them but saying their terrible is just incorrect

The others I haven't played so I can't comment on those, but the way it looks is you just don't like these games so their terrible even though the ones I have played are not terrible(especially fallout NV damn good game). Don't state your opinion as fact is all I'm saying.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

[QUOTE="insanegame377"]the identity of the Origami Killer also completely took me by surprise, I didn't think it was so obvious.Pffrbt

Probably because it's impossible to figure out based on the clues the game gives you (especially since the game outright lies to the player and gives absolutely pointless red herrings), meaning the only way is to start thinking meta and ask what would probably be the shlockiest twist possible.

Exactly, the devs did so many things to try and confuse you / make you think the killer was someone else, it's like they didn't go back and play the game and realize how absurd the ending was.
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Steel Battalion was atrocious. Vampire Rain was pretty damn bad too. 

JohnTheGrudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 JohnTheGrudge
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts
Some games are obviously just low rent garbage that are made on a shoestring budget by the dregs of the industry. Some games have a decent budget and are made by people who have proven that they can make great games. With this in mind I'm nominating Assassins Creed 3 as the worst game of this generation. It's total garbage and not one ounce of love or care went into it's development. It's nothing more than a cash in and there's absolutely no excuse for Ubisoft to produce such crap. Assassins Creed is a more cynical venture than even Call Of Duty. It's the equivalent of a Warhol painting. Just a soulless painting of a can of soup and Warhol laughs his way to the bank as art lovers clamber over themselves to pay fortunes for them. They don't see that he's insulting them.
Tropictrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tropictrain
Member since 2010 • 4863 Posts

I don't understand the complaint that "Heavy Rain wasn't a game, so it's bad." I agree, it's not a game by the literal definition of the word. As someone else pointed out, point and click adventure games aren't either. Don't look at it as a game. Look at it as an interactive story. I see it as the evolution of the choose your own adventure novels I enjoyed as a kid. If you didn't like the story then fine. But complaining because "it's not a game" is a bizarre argument. It's like if I said "I hate movies because they aren't games." It just sounds silly. 

Oh, and the worst game I played this generation will probably be Sonic and the Black Knight. I'm not going to claim it's the worst of the generation but it was the worst I played. And I thought it was pretty bad.

AzelKosMos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 141

#46 AzelKosMos
Member since 2005 • 34194 Posts

Trinity Universe. God that game is awful.

Other nominations: Sonic 2006, Bullet Witch, Infinite Undiscovery, X-Blades, Terminator Salvation, Hotline Miami, Hydorphobia.

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

The worst game I've played this gen is by far Gears of War. But then again I know my tastes and I do my homework before trying a game so I only very rarely end up playing something that I don't like, let alone something bad. I gave Gears of War a shot because it was made by one of my favorite game companies at the time, and boy was it awful. RIP Epic MegaGames.

unrealtron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 unrealtron
Member since 2010 • 3148 Posts
I had a bad time with Flash Point Dragon Rising.
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Too Human. I actually paid $60 and had it preordered. sdlkfmlk2kl22!!
Hseptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Hseptic
Member since 2003 • 1566 Posts

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2. I liked the original, but this one wasn't quite as good IMHO