What video games/consoles out of your entire collection do you value the most?

#1 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

I’m a digital guy for the most part in terms of how I buy my games as most of you probably already know.

But, apart from owning FFX HD on Steam, (Because that game played a significant part in my childhood.)

I’d say for physical releases I’m pretty happy that I own both the NES and SNES classics editions. I’ve been lucky enough to snag them up on both launch dates.

I know once the N64 classic edition comes around it’ll be a different story though!

#2 Edited by sakaiXx (4219 posts) -

Persona 3/3FES/3P. Loved the base game so much I went and bought the enhanced editions and complete it too.

PS1. It got everything my childhood needs. I dont know if the PS1 still works but it still is in my collection.

#3 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

@sakaixx: I still have to play the Persona games. Which one do you recommend for beginners? I know you can invest a lot of hours into them. Lol

#4 Posted by sakaiXx (4219 posts) -

@speeny: Persona 4G is the best persona game for many. I agree with their point, better start there. Persona 5 is great starting point too.

#5 Posted by kingkilla3 (17182 posts) -

For me it's mostly just the Nintendo 64 and its games. It was my first console and I've still got it, unlike a few others I've had. Other than that it would be PS1 copies of three Final Fantasy games (VII, VIII and IX).

#6 Posted by Valgaav_219 (1980 posts) -

I only have PS3, PS4, and PS Vita but I probably value my Vita the most because it allows me to have Final Fantasy 1-10 & 10-2 all in one place. Also can play Chrono Trigger, Persona 3 Portable, and Persona 4 Golden, and other great little RPG's like Tales of Hearts R, Freedom Wars, and World of Final Fantasy

#7 Edited by VagrantSnow (106 posts) -

Dreamcast for the memories. I still play Phantasy Star Online to this day and Shenmue just came to steam this year and it is about time for my annual playthrough :)

#8 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

@valgaav_219: I kind of wish I kept my Vita. Just for the overall portability.

#9 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (4713 posts) -

@speeny:

Probably the Ps Vita. All of my favorite girly jrpgs are on it.

#10 Edited by RSM-HQ (7513 posts) -

If by value the threads intent means, volume and quality of games I've been enjoying the most recently? Probably my PS4_

Goes in this order currently- PS4>3DS>P.C.>Mobile>Switch

Switch goes last, heavily because of the weak battery life and I use it as a portable almost exclusively. That hinders the value of my gaming experience compared to 3DS.

#12 Posted by henrythefifth (1961 posts) -

the original OoT and SM64 for my N64 I value equally much. They really are the joy of my collection.

Of consoles, I value my black GameCube even tho I never use it. Its just so outrageous design for a console that you must have it on your shelves if youre into retro.

#13 Edited by Speeny (651 posts) -

@henrythefifth: We have 4 Black Gamecubes funnily enough. My grandma hoarded them when the GameCube was still on shelves. Lol

#14 Posted by henrythefifth (1961 posts) -

@speeny said:

@henrythefifth: We have 4 Black Gamecubes funnily enough. My grandma hoarded them when the GameCube was still on shelves. Lol

Your gramps is the coolest.

#16 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

@sweini1: Thanks lol ..

#17 Posted by kingkilla3 (17182 posts) -

@sweini1: I agree.

Avatar image for adingoatemybaby
#18 Posted by ADingoAteMyBaby (39 posts) -

Original Xbox with 30,000 games on the HDD. I would cry ugly tears if I had to sell/lost it.

#19 Edited by JSprunk (304 posts) -

I love my PC for gaming far more than all of my past and present consoles put together.

However, after my PC, I love my PS4 Pro. I use the thing every day. My PS4 wishlist is bursting full of exclusives that aren't on any other systems. I watch Netflix and PS Vue on it constantly. And I'm planning on buying a PSVR early next year...even though I know the PSVR is dying a slow painful death just like the Vita....which I also own, but I hate.

#20 Edited by RonThallsBalls (241 posts) -

I’m more more proud of my fightsticks than consoles or games. That stick that came with the special edition of Mortal Kombat 9 is sexy as hell and I dig the feel as well as the art on my Blazeblue Fightstick.

Avatar image for il2crashesnfail
#21 Posted by il2crashesnfail (11 posts) -

mostly pc sim games

#22 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42415 posts) -

My original DVD copy of Deus Ex. Came with my Geforce 6800 video card, iirc.

#23 Posted by iwilson1296 (2410 posts) -

@adingoatemybaby: 30,000 Xbox games?

#24 Edited by ADingoAteMyBaby (39 posts) -

@iwilson1296 said:

@adingoatemybaby: 30,000 Xbox games?

No modded original Xbox with games ranging from NES, SNES, Genesis, Arcade, Amiga, GBA, N64 etc.

#25 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

@adingoatemybaby: I still wish I had an original Xbox. Sold mine for $50 to a friend back in 2011 I think.

#26 Posted by ADingoAteMyBaby (39 posts) -

@speeny: Yeah I bought mine on ebay for $200. Along with thousands of retro games it came with 800 og games on the hard drive so I'm pretty set. It would take me a lifetime to play everything.

#27 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

@adingoatemybaby: If you have the games on your hardrive, wouldn’t you be able to back-up everything on a cloud storage?

#28 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (17956 posts) -

I have an old OG Xbox that I display in my gaming cabinet, along with a bunch of games that I loved to play back in the day (ie. Halo 1 & 2, KOTOR, Tony Hawk's PS 3/4 etc). They have some nostalgic value to me.

And I want to add a Gamecube to my collection with a few games, but just waiting for the right deal.

#29 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: We’ve got 4 black gamecubes and a silver one that never get used unfortunately. My grandma bought them as they were going off the shelves back in the day. None of them are boxed anymore though.

#30 Posted by Vaidream45 (1444 posts) -

My pc (for all of my old school gaming needs and lots of new ones)

My Switch (because I just seem to have the most stress free fun playing it. Really takes me back to the SNES days of simplicity. It’s a game console. Tap the controller 3 times and I’m in game. Opposite of my pc lol.)

SNES Classic (to celebrate my favorite console ever)

PS4(sadly has been more of a blu ray player than a games console for me. I find something as simple as shutting off my controller to be a multiple step process and all the friggin updating is killing me. I can never just turn it on and game.)

3ds (has collected dust alongside my Ps4 since I got my Switch last March. Great device but just not gettint my attention anymore)

#31 Edited by susanthl (6 posts) -

Top up with unipin

#32 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

@vaidream45: Yeah the PS4 updates are pretty painful. In all the years I’ve owned the PS4 I’d say I’ve only played maybe 6 games on the system.

#33 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17956 posts) -

@speeny: Cool. My cousin has one which I'm trying to buy.

#34 Posted by Vaidream45 (1444 posts) -

@speeny: yeah. I keep trying to give it another shot over and over but it just takes the fun out.

#35 Edited by ADingoAteMyBaby (39 posts) -

@speeny: Dunno never tried or know how. There is no USB port on the original Xbox so I imagine I would need to use FTP or open it up to connect it to a PC?

#36 Posted by Archangel3371 (26459 posts) -

Systems that I currently have are:

- DSi XL

- 3DS

- Wii

- Wii U

- Switch

- PS2

- PS3

- Xbox 360

- Xbox One

Right now I’d say that I value my Xbox One the most because the vast number of games that I have are for the Microsoft consoles and with some of my original Xbox games and many of my Xbox 360 games backwards compatible this makes my Xbox One system my most valued.

#37 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

@Archangel3371: Great list. Thanks for sharing!

#38 Posted by qx0d (142 posts) -

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2, Rainbow Six Vegas, the original Halo, Unreal Tournament, SWAT 4, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, NES Classic Edition, Xbox 360, State of Decay.

Also, maybe worthy of mention are: Resident Evil HD Remastered, Duke Nukem 3D and Duke Nukem Forever.

Some of these games I've had practically forever. Playing these games also brings back a lot of nostalgic memories of the times they were made in. You have NES all the way to PC and Xbox 360 here.

#39 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

@qx0d: Great choices.

#40 Posted by robert_sparkes (1762 posts) -

My og game boy my first system.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#41 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (976 posts) -

For me on Xbox One with Forza Motorsport 6, Forza Horizon 3 & Forza Motorsport 7 which I purchased a huge amount of DLCs.

#42 Posted by npiet1 (1310 posts) -

My Top-loader NES (don't play it though the input lag on NES is terrible compared to today's standards) and my copy of the rerelease (not remaster) of Day of the Tentacle on Disk.

#43 Edited by BassMan (9452 posts) -

Battlefield is my favorite series and I love my BF collection....

I have digital copies of BF1 and BFV. :)

#44 Posted by Speeny (651 posts) -

@BassMan: Great addition with the photo too. Thanks for posting. :)

#45 Posted by Johndmgs (316 posts) -

As far as games go, I'd have the most value for my PS2 games since I still have my original collection from back in the day and there's a lot of sentimental value to those games (hoping to get a new PS2 soon). Console wise, I'd go with the 3DS since I've been getting the most use out of that at the moment and the PS1 Classic. I know the selection of games was controversial but I've been having fun with mine. I have a lot of nostalgia with the PS1 so out of all those mini consoles that was the one that meant the most to me.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#46 Edited by storm_of_swords (2495 posts) -

My N64 is the thing in my collection that brings me the most joy.

I have so many great memories of playing Goldeneye 007, Mario Kart 64, Mario Party, and the AKI wrestling games with friends on that thing. Plus, the memories of how jaw-dropping and revolutionary Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time were when I first played them.

I think that the N64 will always hold the most sentimental value for me because of the great memories that I have tied to that console.

#47 Edited by Speeny (651 posts) -

@storm_of_swords: Great post. Thanks

#48 Edited by Speeny (651 posts) -

@johndmgs: Yeah I think they’ve supplied a lot more stock for the PS1 mini compared to the Nintendo mini’s. I was lucky enough to both get them on launch date. ONLINE too. Lol