What video game(s) do regret NOT playing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

#1 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

The Super Nintendo is my favorite system and there are plenty of "missed opportunities" or as the title of the topic says REGRET. I'll list some of the SNES games that somehow eluded me. The topic applies to any system also.

My list is one of great sorrow:

Actraiser

Axelay

Castlevania: Dracula X

Earthbound

Illusion of Gaia

Lufia & the Fortress of Doom

Secret of Mana

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Utopia: The Creation of a Nation

Now if you'll excuse I have to be going (have to cry a river now lol)

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

I really regret not playing GUN-LOC on the R-360 cabinet as much as I should've had. Back then I thought it was too expensive and instead chose to play other games.

Oh, how I wish I could get on a R-360 again...

Captainqwark10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Captainqwark10
Member since 2011 • 1170 Posts
You just made me realize how many games I actually have. I could be a millionaire just selling a few hundred games. (which I won't) Ok. games I regret not playing. Let's see, what haven't I played. Wow, this is hard. Ok, umm, yeah. OH, I haven't played Secret Agent Clank yet. We are making progress.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

The Legend Of Zelda A Link to the Past

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

Double_Wide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

#5 Double_Wide
Member since 2006 • 1985 Posts
Right now its Demon Souls and Prototype. I always wanted to play Radical Rex too :(
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Koi-Neon-X

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

JuarN18

Plan on picking up the Ico + Shadow of Colossus collection?

adam1808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 adam1808
Member since 2009 • 264 Posts

Alan Wake

Halo Reach

Gears of War 2

Splinter Cell Conviction

The Conduit

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Need for Speed Shift

Crysis

Uncharted: Drakes Fortunre

orion_52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 orion_52
Member since 2008 • 595 Posts

Panzer Dragoon Saga - I had a Saturn but just missed this one.

Xenogears - Luckily it came out on psn, now I just need to find time to play it.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Koi-Neon-X

Xenogears - Luckily it came out on psn, now I just need to find time to play it.

orion_52

It's my understanding that Panzer Dragoon Saga was definitely a great reason to own a Sega Saturn. I think if it weren't for my apprehension (thanks in part to the 32X and Sega CD) I probably would have picked up a Sega Saturn. Of course the PS1 is also another reason too lol.

Xenogears is awesome and I need to pick it up again as well. I would like the physical copy of the game, but if you go to Amazon.com they're actually charging $80.00-$100.00 + for it so I may have to settle for the PSN route.

Beard_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Beard_
Member since 2010 • 1066 Posts

The Shadow Hearts series stands out.

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JuarN18

[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

Koi-Neon-X

I don't own a PS3 :?, i think it will be easier to find the PS2 version
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Koi-Neon-X

[QUOTE="Koi-Neon-X"]

[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

Shadow Of the colossus

JuarN18

I don't own a PS3 :?, i think it will be easier to find the PS2 version

Oh definitely though I don't see it that often anymore at the Gamestop I shop at. I really don't like the idea of certain titles "going out of circulation" either. For example I remember asking a Gamestop employee where I could find "Assassin's Creed" and he told me "it's soon to be out of print/they're not making them anymore". Oh well off to Walmart I go lol.

Avatar image for Xenogears_Rocks
Xenogears_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 Xenogears_Rocks
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

I wouldn't say that I regret not playing some or regret not buying them cause I will get them later and I will play them later! Plus I love the games I play and I own with the wii and everything coming to download you can get a lot of them cheap and so I will! Now Earthbound is one though I will be buying the physical game but damn! Wish I was older when that first came out

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Koi-Neon-X

I wouldn't say that I regret not playing some or regret not buying them cause I will get them later and I will play them later! Plus I love the games I play and I own with the wii and everything coming to download you can get a lot of them cheap and so I will! Now Earthbound is one though I will be buying the physical game but damn! Wish I was older when that first came out

Xenogears_Rocks

Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console is awesome. I can't wait to get one just for that (though I keep procrastinating because of other games that are a MUST BUY), and yeah I had "Earthbound" in my hands in Toys 'R Us when it first came out and like a fool I put it back!:( ah, moments we'd like to relive lol.

LankyKong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LankyKong
Member since 2011 • 2678 Posts

Earthbound. Bought it, then sold it a few months later.

Never got the chance to play it.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Koi-Neon-X

The Shadow Hearts series stands out.

Beard_

I can't help but feel a tinge of regret not getting into this series especially since it getsa lot of praise in other threads.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#17 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

The early Silent Hill games. I hear so many good things about them and I'm a HUGE horror fan.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13559 Posts

Age of Empires 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Pikmin 1 and 2, Baten Kaitos Origins.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Koi-Neon-X

The early Silent Hill games. I hear so many good things about them and I'm a HUGE horror fan.

turtlethetaffer

Silent Hill definitely upped the ante in regards to games featuring horror. I can still hear the static as I'm walking around the town....

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Koi-Neon-X

Age of Empires 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Xenogears, Vagrant Story, Pikmin 1 and 2, Baten Kaitos Origins.

Seabas989

Age of Empires 2 was great on the PC, Vagrant Story is another one that got away back in the day, and I would love to experience the Pikmin series!

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Koi-Neon-X

Alan Wake

Halo Reach

Gears of War 2

Splinter Cell Conviction

The Conduit

Donkey Kong Country Returns

Need for Speed Shift

Crysis

Uncharted: Drakes Fortunre

adam1808

I didn't play the first Uncharted game until 2011. I also played Uncharted 2: Among Thieves after finishing UC: DF and it really is one of the best PS3 games I've ever played.

OmegaAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22 OmegaAK47
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts

Shadow of the Colossus, for sure!!!

I heard a ton of ggod things, just never got a chance to play.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Koi-Neon-X

I really regret not playing GUN-LOC on the R-360 cabinet as much as I should've had. Back then I thought it was too expensive and instead chose to play other games.

Oh, how I wish I could get on a R-360 again...

Panzer_Zwei

I hope I found the right thing:

GUN-LOC R-360

http://youtu.be/YtQbfsZmDng

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Koi-Neon-X

Shadow of the Colossus, for sure!!!

I heard a ton of ggod things, just never got a chance to play.

OmegaAK47

Definitely a great game. I wish I never traded it in.:(

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JuarN18

Oh definitely though I don't see it that often anymore at the Gamestop I shop at. I really don't like the idea of certain titles "going out of circulation" either. For example I remember asking a Gamestop employee where I could find "Assassin's Creed" and he told me "it's soon to be out of print/they're not making them anymore". Oh well off to Walmart I go lol.

Koi-Neon-X

lol

shadow of the collosus was rereleased with the "greatest hits" label, i will try to find atleast that version

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Koi-Neon-X

[QUOTE="Koi-Neon-X"]

JuarN18

lol

shadow of the collosus was rereleased with the "greatest hits" label, i will try to find atleast that version

Ah yes the "greatest hits" label. For me that's an entirely different thread (I don't like them, but have gotten used to them over the years lol) I'm sure you'll find plenty of copies of SotC in stock.

jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 jakandsig
Member since 2010 • 471 Posts

[QUOTE="orion_52"]

Koi-Neon-X

It's my understanding that Panzer Dragoon Saga was definitely a great reason to own a Sega Saturn. I think if it weren't for my apprehension (thanks in part to the 32X and Sega CD) I probably would have picked up a Sega Saturn. Of course the PS1 is also another reason too lol.

Xenogears is awesome and I need to pick it up again as well. I would like the physical copy of the game, but if you go to Amazon.com they're actually charging $80.00-$100.00 + for it so I may have to settle for the PSN route.

Or you can ask Jak to give it to you for $30. But since you are already on PSN...
Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#28 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

cant say there are any games I regret NOT playing. I really dont know of any games that I want to play that I dont already own or haven't already played before.

turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 turtlethetaffer

[QUOTE="turtlethetaffer"]

Koi-Neon-X

Silent Hill definitely upped the ante in regards to games featuring horror. I can still hear the static as I'm walking around the town....

That's what i've heard, and that's why I want to play them.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Shenmue on the Dreamcast. I can't find it anywhere now.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Koi-Neon-X

Shenmue on the Dreamcast. I can't find it anywhere now.

GeoffZak

I was in Japan when the Sega Dreamcast launched and I worried about the slow trickle of games coming from the U.S. (I worked on a U.S. military base) and as luck would have it we got Shenmue plus a few other games (Sonic Adventure, Jet Grind Radio, NFL 2K, etc...) I'd check Amazon.com or Ebay. I checked the prices for Shenmue on Amazon and it looks like it's selling for $50.00 new and $13.00 used;) it was a pretty good game (looked outstanding).

Here is a link to something funny:P

Mega64: Shenmue

http://youtu.be/OgmCdt4EgxU

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Mostly gamecube games. Pikmin 2, Viewtiful Joe 2(which I actually own but never really played), and a few others. FPS games were sucking me in at the time. Only more recently have I discovered that the Gamecube was actually the best console of that generation.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#33 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
System Shock 2 Ocarina of Time Link to the Past Super Metroid Chrono Trigger/Cross Majora's Mask Final Fantasy VII I've actually tried playing most of these games recently but I just can't get into them. Without the nostalgia, they don't compare favourably with modern games. I wish I'd played them back when they were first released.
GLove093093

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GLove093093
Member since 2010 • 57 Posts
[QUOTE="orion_52"]

That game.
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 turtlethetaffer

Mostly gamecube games. Pikmin 2, Viewtiful Joe 2(which I actually own but never really played), and a few others. FPS games were sucking me in at the time. Only more recently have I discovered that the Gamecube was actually the best console of that generation.

Heirren

Viewtiful Joe 2 is not as good as VJ1, but it's still a top notch action beat em up. i reccommend playing it ASAP.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
I try to play most games that look interesting. As is that case, I don't think i can regret having "not" played a game if I haven't actually played it yet. Did you mean games you played later, and enjoyed, and wish you could go back and buy it when it was new? In that case there would be a few cases like Final Fight 3 and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on SNES. Trying to get boxed-complete copies of those in 'like new' condition costs quite a bit more than the original price.
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

Heirren
Gamecube was somewhat overshadowed by the PS2 and Xbox but "best" anything is all subjective. In my opinion the Sega Dreamcast should have had a much longer life in which more people would include it when they discuss any gaming from "last-gen".
ozspark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ozspark
Member since 2011 • 348 Posts

Ico, Okami & truely getting into Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Booya, 3DS.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Koi-Neon-X

I try to play most games that look interesting. As is that case, I don't think i can regret having "not" played a game if I haven't actually played it yet. Did you mean games you played later, and enjoyed, and wish you could go back and buy it when it was new? In that case there would be a few cases like Final Fight 3 and Ninja Gaiden Trilogy on SNES. Trying to get boxed-complete copies of those in 'like new' condition costs quite a bit more than the original price.Stinger78

Yes, played later and enjoyed or basically just missing the game completely when you knew it was something you wanted to play back thenbut didn't. For example: I followed "Secret of Evermore" for the SNES, watched the commercials, wanted it badly,and had every intention of picking it up, but it never happened. Fast forward to 2011 and I still haven't played it so I "regret" not playing it when I had the chance to. You mention "Ninja Gaiden Trilogy" as another game I wish I would have picked up (considering I played all three on the NES and I love the series) and the prices for some of these SNES games now are part of the reason I regret not playing them because with those kinds of prices it seems even more out of reach (thank goodnes for Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console).

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Koi-Neon-X

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Stinger78

Gamecube was somewhat overshadowed by the PS2 and Xbox but "best" anything is all subjective. In my opinion the Sega Dreamcast should have had a much longer life in which more people would include it when they discuss any gaming from "last-gen".

The Sega Dreamcastis a great system, but it just didn't have enough games to keep me interested. It does have a nice line-up of titles, I really had high hopes for it as I felt Sega was making a comebackin the hardware department(after the 32X-Sega CD debacles-though we got Sonic CD out of itwhich isn't a bad thing)and was ready to give it my full support.

superdum2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 superdum2
Member since 2009 • 1558 Posts

the first ratchet and clank

dbz987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 1

#42 dbz987
Member since 2006 • 3764 Posts

Chrono cross

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

[QUOTE="Heirren"]

Stinger78

Well, back when that gen was still in effect, I prefered the xbox. Going back and replaying a lot of games, some of them just don't hold up. Even a lot of my favorites. The classics on the Gamecube are just timeless. And I agree with you about the Dreamcast. I actually prefered its varied library over the ps2. The problem with the system wasn't really the system itself, but segas choices beforehand. Too bad really, because it was an odd system as far as the types of games it got.

Secret-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Secret-Face
Member since 2011 • 223 Posts
I remember I passed on the chance of playing Shemnue a few years years back.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Koi-Neon-X

Chrono cross

dbz987

Just picked up Chrono Cross just recently. It's awesome andI'm loving it (especially the soundtrack)

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Well, there are a lot of titles which I still have yet to purchase, most being on the Xbox 360, but there are definately some (knowingly) gems out there that I need to start playing... one of them includes the Silent Hill series. I had the first Silent Hill yearsss ago but I could never anywhere... it was soo hard. I keep meaning to get each and every single title, but other gaming needs/wants keeps making me put them off, unfortunately :(. I will definately get to them one day though. That is all that I can really think of at the minute... besides the odd random games such as Black on the PS2, stuff like that. Actually, there are games that I wish I played as a kid because I just can't seem to get in to them now. I mean, I love Sonic The Hedgehog 1 and 2 and always have done, but I never played Sonic 3 as a kid and so the trial on XBLA seemed to just bore and frustrate me... but I will have to try it again seeing as it is only 400 microsoft points. Those are the types that I actually "regret" not playing really... basically the ones it is impossible to get in to later on in life. Another example of this would be Quake Arena Arcade on Xbox Live Arcade. If I didn't play Quake III: Arena all the time back in the day, I just wouldn't be able to get in to it, I knew I wouldn't... but the nostalgia and the reminder of how fun it actually was makes me have a lot of fun with that game. That is the thing that happened with Sonic 3, kind of like an "irreversible" feeling, if you get me.
branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#47 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Zone of the Enders. Not only was it fun, but it came with a demo to MGS2. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. It has Hyper SFII Turbo and Street Fighter III Strike. Also, Street Fighter II: The movie. Ninja Gaiden: Black. That game is superior.
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Koi-Neon-X

Zone of the Enders. Not only was it fun, but it came with a demo to MGS2. Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. It has Hyper SFII Turbo and Street Fighter III Strike. Also, Street Fighter II: The movie. Ninja Gaiden: Black. That game is superior.BranKetra

I really want to get into this series. I had so many opportunities to play it and each time it was "maybe later" (kicking myself too because I hear ZoE: 2nd Runner is amazing:(