What type of gamer are you, fast, slow?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts

When I say that, I mean are you the slow and steady, find everything do everything type, or are you the type who tries to beat a game as fast as possible. Me I fit into the first category, I spend a lot of time at work and trying to get back into school so I am the slow and steady type, it will take me forever sometimes to beat a game lol. Plus, I like to make a great game last.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

I have way too many games left to play to complete them all, let alone try to get archievements. Sometimes I' ll get a new game that I get really get into (Dishonored for example) and I play the hell out of it for a few days / weeks. But longer games like rpg's I tend to get distracted half way through and don't finish it until months later.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

I used to be the slow and thorough kind of gamer, always approached games methodically. Now I'm just kind of sporadic and in the air

GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

I just have too many games for me to spend a lot of time on. For a game I really enjoy, I'll try to go slow.

WaterSphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WaterSphere
Member since 2012 • 203 Posts
Usually take it slow. I love linear shooters, but usually go about them faster than other genres.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I like to take my time when i play games.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

MMOs I try to play fast, everything else slow. I examine everything, look at the details, find hidden things, finish all content. I find no pleasure in rushing something like Skyrim, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, etc.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I'm extremely slow. Gotta check every nook and cranny of ever environment - who knows maybe there's an awesome weapon stashed back there. I don't do every sidequest but I'm sure I was 100 hours into Skyrim before I even got halfway through the main quests.

capaho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 capaho
Member since 2003 • 1253 Posts

I'd say I'm methodical (is that slow?). I like open world games with a lot of side missions or other secondary activities, areas to explore and hidden things to find. I'm not fond of linear games that keep me on a narrow path, especially if the game sets the pace rather than letting me move along at my own speed.

Reptylus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Reptylus
Member since 2009 • 1875 Posts
I do everything that is interesting. I'd help every unimportant maiden in distress but I would never go and collect a hundred feathers across 3 cities. The only games I really rush through are rqacing games. But that's a given.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

It depends on the game some games (Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus) I'm really fast and beat the game 100% in a day; Other games (Red Dead Redemption) I take my time and constantly gets distracted with side missions, challenges, and exploring to even do the campaign.

Justforvisit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Justforvisit
Member since 2011 • 2660 Posts

Good question, there is neither the one, nor the other for me. I usually love to do sidequests if they're fun and don't repeat themselves too often, but if a game asks me to find 700 collectibles without any help I'd just collect those I can pick up along the way of the normal story progression.

Games like Infamous 2, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Saints Row The Third and The Amazing Spiderman though handle collectibles pretty good, you have to find a certain amount by yourself and in the first three mentioned games so you get the option to let them indicate on the map, but this option is free so for people who lave to check every corner of a city still can do that, while in Spiderman it will be automated. In THIS case I'm a "slow" gamer as you call it and go for all the collectibles, but with them all showing up on the map it's still a pretty quick process :P

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

I normally take it slow and try to do everything.Especially if the game is short and has littel replay value after completition.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#14 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
If I enjoy the game I'll try to do every sidequest. If not, I'll beat the story mode as quick as possible and cast the game into the fire
Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44153 Posts
I'm in the middle. I like to take some time and do a fair share of the ancillary stuff in many of my games.
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GhettoBlastin92
Good responses people.
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

Slow..especially after 6 cans of carling black label!

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
It depends on the game and my mood along with my concentration. RPG's and strategy games I tend to play slowly while any game that only has a lifespan of a few hours or less - which is normal for the majority of games today - I end up playing fast without intending to due to how short lived they are and lacking.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#19 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I often try to be slow and steady-- this also applies when I'm actually playing. Incidentally, I tend to suck at competitive multiplayer-- I'm too cautious and conservative.

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
painfully slow.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#21 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Slow. I couldn't play fast, especially if it's my first time playing a game. I love to explore and make sure I don't miss a thing.

oASSASSINo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 oASSASSINo
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts
I am a perfectionist when it comes to games. I like to collect all the extra items, exploring every location, completing all the side quests and lastly getting all the trophies. Whoever came up with the idea to give gamers the option to collect extras on the side, and reward them for it.
NiKva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NiKva
Member since 2010 • 8181 Posts
Fast, I hardly do optional missions in games, unless I'm looking for a certain item, or in Borderland's case, trying to level up faster.
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 GhettoBlastin92
I am trying to go slow through Deadspace 2 now, had it before but never finished it.
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Depends on the game, normally though i always end up trying to 100% them but my first time through, i focus on story then side-contents (if any) after.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#26 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

The first time I play through a game, I search every nook and cranny I can find. I'm an explorer. Been so forever. Every time after that, unless I am trying for a specific achievement/trophy, I burn through the game trying to best my previous attempt. One of my main gripes about games is non skipable cut scenes. I can understand them being on by default, but we should be able to turn them off if we so choose.

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

Slow and steady. I try to appreciate the game. And I hate it when I finish a game I really like.

Like Tales of the Abyss. I was both really happy and upset when I beat the game. Happy because it felt like an accomplishment, and the game has a good ending, but also upset because it was all over and I really wanted to the story to continue.

So I try my best to savor every minute of games I like.

Mo-licious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Mo-licious
Member since 2011 • 602 Posts

MMOs I try to play fast, everything else slow. I examine everything, look at the details, find hidden things, finish all content. I find no pleasure in rushing something like Skyrim, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, etc.

wis3boi
Yeah, I feel the same way. I don't have to do absolutely everything but I like to get as full of an experience as I can.
TrainerCeleste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TrainerCeleste
Member since 2012 • 1633 Posts
Slow and Steady, I mostly play RPGs so I go around to find any gear that i can and make sure my parties are over leveled. Once I beat a game then I will play it again slow and steady and handicap myself to make it more of a challenge o3o Now if I ever buy dark souls~ Idk if I'll need to handicap myself o3o
HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#30 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Slow and steady. I like to explore and not rush, especially if I'm having fun playing. My greatest gaming experiences came from taking my time and throughly enjoying the campaign. If I want a quick game, I'll hit up multiplayer.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I don't have a lot of time to play games much anymore, so when I get a game I tend to blow through it pretty quickly and not worry about busywork collectathons. If I really love the game then I'll take quite a bit more time with it, but it seems most games these days just have the trimmings to pad the length of the game, not because they're actually fun things to do.
CooperThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 CooperThief
Member since 2009 • 648 Posts

If I get a new game, I'll play the campaign for a couple hours at a time. I don't like to rush things. But sometimes I get sucked in and play through the night.:P

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Depends on what type of game it is. For Open-world type games I take awhile, other games like Action or FPS I move through them pretty quickly.

TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#34 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

I often play quite slowly. If a game is truly great I want the experience to last as long as possible.

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

i would say a moderate pace....

but if i had to pick between slow or fast, im a faster gamer than a slower one....

Celldrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Celldrax
Member since 2005 • 15053 Posts

Explore ALL the corners.

Definitely a slow gamer. I'm usually more interested in getting sidetracked than completing the actual story (mind you, I still intend on getting that far).

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#37 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Depends. I spend a lot of time with open world games and do a quite a bit of side stuff between main missions. Games I rent or ones that are more linear I generally go through rather quickly. Sometimes I'll return later and try to get all or most of the trophies.
darkengy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 darkengy
Member since 2012 • 171 Posts
As much as I want to become a fast-paced gamer, I end up being the slowest in our family since I really want to appreciate everything on what I'm playing
Business_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Business_Fun
Member since 2009 • 2282 Posts

Faster than prunes through a short grandmother.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

Kinda slow but it also depends on how good the game i was playing

dkdk999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dkdk999
Member since 2007 • 6754 Posts
I'm so slow I took 80 hours to complete dragon age origins.
BARRICADE_28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 BARRICADE_28
Member since 2004 • 154 Posts

I'm very slow, I like to explore all of the gaming world I'm in and examine most of the neat graphics and textures, so I explore every nook and cranny. If there's an area of a map that shows I haven't explored it just drives me crazy lol

Lord_Terrapin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Lord_Terrapin
Member since 2012 • 45 Posts
I have always been a slow and thorough player, it is never fun to rush through a game. I find it to be fun to explore and find everything that I can find.
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
Fast except for very select games that I know are short and may not have a sequel coming/ever.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#46 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
i am mostly a slow gamer, i like to do everything a game has to offer
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#47 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
I don't have much time to play games anymore, so I tend to take my time and make the most of each game.. unless it's a game I rent just to play through the single player. Currently playing through Medal of Honor just to play through it as fast as I can cause I just wanted to check out the campaign. I knew it was short so just wanted to check it out fast. Then back to AC3.. I'm on sequence 10 and debating if I should go back and do side missions or just trade it in when I'm done before the value on it drops.
danielfadel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 danielfadel
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I'm in the middle. I like to take some time and do a fair share of the ancillary stuff in many of my games.Archangel3371
This.
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Slow and steady. I try to find everything, and complete all the side quests. I play games to enjoy them, not to brag about how fast I was able to play through a game. Seems like a waste of $60 to rush through something.

The-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 The-Gamer
Member since 2005 • 109 Posts

Definitely slow.