What system should i get?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raghavan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raghavan
Member since 2003 • 3416 Posts

I'm thinking of buying one of the big 3 systems- PS3, 360, or WII. I havent been into video games for a while and im just getting back into them, so to speak. Im planning to do a lot of research but i thought this was a good place to start. So i thought id just ask a few questions and hopefully some people will be kind enough to give some responses.

1. Does the wii only come with that "remote" control or does it come with a regular controller?

2. Which system is selling the best in North America?

3. Does the Wii have a lot of mario games, and are they like the classic mario games from the NES and SNES?

Appreciate any help and insight...

visceron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#2 visceron
Member since 2005 • 2160 Posts

1. It comes with the remote and a nunchuck, no classic controller.

2. Last I checked it was the Wii.

3. Yes the classic Mario games are on the Virtual console.

I bought a Wii and a 360 recently and I got to say the Wii is just collecting dust.

It looks like you are more interested in the Wii though.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#3 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

id get 2 of the main systems if i were you,, but if you really only can get one id get a wii as it plays more games than any other console this gen ,, it plays all gc games has a online virtual console that plays nes snes n64 genesis neo geo and turbo graphics 16 im currently playing crusin , even though its rated bad it really is a pretty good game and a good way to bring a classic back ,,1

2 the wii is selling the best world wide (usa japan etc) and yea just usa as well lol ,,, its the number one console now brought nintendo back

3 it has a virtual console ,,, it has every mario game made except marioparty 1-3 super mariokart or super mario rpg) that means it has right now

sunshine galaxy marioparty 4-8 mario golf mario strikers 1 and 2 mario tennis mario galaxy all 3 paper marios (super paper mario plays like mario 1-world) mariokart 64 super mario bros 1, 2 , lost levels ,3 and world ... and since your into platformers you may wanna dl donkey kong country 1 and 2

other notable titles so far if you interisted in the respective genre

racing- crusin soon mariokartwii

fps id get medal of honor heroes 2 and red steel if not medal of honor vanguard as well definately get metroid prime 3 if you do get a wii that is

party games besides marioparty 8 include wii play carnival games ea playground (i just got this one its under my tree)

adventure- zelda twilight princess

horror resident evil 1-4 wii edition man hunt 2

other games to check out if your into getting wii also include bwii 2

the 360 includes aaa titles as well

so its gonna be a hard choice between the two

its notable titles include perfect dark zero saints row dead rising halo 3 call of duty 4-also on ps3 , the orange box -also on pc ps3 gears of war and the project gotham racing series

the ps3 doesnt got much as of today but soon it will have some amazing games, if your into exclusive ones that is ,,, but if not theres basically the same games your gonna find on 360 wii or both ...

prices

the wii is cheapest with 360 coming close by (without hdd that is)

wii= 249,99 comes with a pack in game wii sports

360 arcade comes with pack in game also has 5 li ke the wii sports but they are uno luxar 2 pac man feeding frenzy and some other one 279,99 the premiium is 349,99 and the elite which comes with a bigger hdd then the 20 gb is 449,99

the ps3 is 399,99 for a 40 gb but it only plays ps1 games blu ray ps3 dvds and cds ,, the main ps3 is 80 gb and is 499,99

so if your on a budget get a wii or 360 that is if your looking into getting the most out of your system if not any one can work