What System For Resident Evil Series Games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ixi311downerixi
ixi311downerixi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ixi311downerixi
Member since 2004 • 887 Posts

I am thinking about picking up a gaming system for Resident Evil 0, 1 Remake, 2,3, Veronica and possibly more. Now what system should I get to have them looking their best? I already have a PS3 40Gb and 360. THe system will be on my 42" Samsung Plasma. I was thinking maybe a moded Gamecube?

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

Well if you want those games a gamecube or a wii are your only choices!

By the way if you haven't, you must play Resident Evil 4. Really if you play one Resident Evil game it should be 4.

mattykovax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#3 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts
It would have to be gamecube or wii because that was teh only system that had 0 and REmake.
Rocky32189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Rocky32189
Member since 2007 • 8995 Posts
Go with the Gamecube. Although 2, 3, and Code Veronica are not cheap on the GC.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#5 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

well, if you want them all for a single console then the gamecube versions of those games are good options.

that said, the early resident evil games are much much cheaper on the PS1, you could probably get all three early RE games for £20.

same for code veronica, its cheaper on dreamcast or PS2 then it is on gamecube

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Go with playstation for 2, 3, and CV. While Remake and 0 have their controls better attuned to the analog, 2, 3, and CV play much better with the control pad, which the dualshock is better for.

I also think the graphics look sharper in the original playstation versions of 2 & 3 as well as the colors looking off in their ports.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

Wii. It's fully backwards compatible with the GC, which was the only system with RE0. Therefore, you can play all of the other RE games without any trouble, not to mention it's about 1000x easier to find component cables for it than the GC. Also, with the Wii re-releases of RE0 and 1 it's a bit easier to find them... 2 and 3 for GC are rather difficult to find (these are ports of the Dreamcast versions, which had higher resolution than the PS1 versions), but Code Veronica X is worth searching for on GC because it's the best version that released outside of Japan.

Also, the Wii has the best version of RE4 (better graphics and sound of the GC version, new content of the PS2/PC version, and a few others tweaks to the weapons and characters that improve it further, along with the control scheme), and it's the only way you can play Umbrella Chronicles (fills in the gaps between the games).

Know that your PS1 is already backwards compatible with PS1 games though... if you can't find the GC versions of RE2 and 3, there's nothing wrong with getting them on there. However, if you're looking to have all of the main series RE games pre-5 on one system, the GC and Wii are your only options.

KhanhAgE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KhanhAgE
Member since 2004 • 1345 Posts
I own RE Remake, 0, 2, 3, CV and 4 all on the GC. And I have a Wii, so I can play them on a HDTV with component cables (and also component cables for GC are just too expensive). People complain that the GC version of RE 2 and 3 isn't as good as the original PS, but it's not like that's going to make you put down the controller in frustration and yell "OMG! I can't play this.". Not at all. Anyway, you have a PS3 that is backward compatible with PS1 games, which does a really good job of upscaling PS1 titles. And if you can't stand the GC controller, there's always the PS2 to GC joy pad converter.
KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

Wii, and PS1 or DS in case you want to play the original Resident Evil instead of playing a remake.

Avatar image for LithuanianGamer
LithuanianGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LithuanianGamer
Member since 2009 • 2997 Posts

Just get a wii

trick6952

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 trick6952
Member since 2005 • 1488 Posts

id say get a N64 for 2, a dreamcast for 3 and code veronica and the gamecube for all the RE exclusives and if you really want you can either get a playstation for the original resident evil or a DS if you have one