What recent games do you already consider classics?

• 70 results
#51 Posted by UmameNinja (29 posts) -

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild - I have to give credit where it's due, and Nintendo is no exception here. The game wasn't perfect by any stretch, but as a whole it was nothing short of spectacular. They took the fundamental building blocks of the tried and true Zelda formula and injected it with modern components making it one of my top five of this generation.

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Winning a slew of awards, and being hailed as one of the best RPG's of modern gaming this was simply a no-brainer. CDPR is among one of my favorite developers, and they easily demonstrate why with this game. If you haven't played this game then you're truly missing out on a masterpiece.

Persona 5 - It's not a complete list without mentioning at least one JRPG, and if you're looking for one to satiate your appetite then I heed you look no further. Person 5 is a benchmark for JRPG's with it's high fidelity stylistic aesthetic, it's flashy combat, it's over-the-top quirky story and characters what's not to love about this game?

Resident Evil 2: Remake - It's not too often you get a remake that not only captures the essence of what made the original great to begin with, but to get one that maintains this while simultaneously redefining itself is a rare thing to behold. Capcom managed to breath life into a classic and make it a classic all over again, so bravo Capcom.

Project Octopath Traveler - This is one of those games that if you love RPG's, and you love turn-based combat, and deep story-telling, and you love sprites in all of their pixelated, spritely splendor then this is a must have for any Switch owner. This game took everything about retro RPG's and made into a modern classic that is beloved by many.

There are MANY games I could recommend, but this is just the "top five must own modern classics should I ever get asked, probably won't but maybe someone will, I can recommend them these games" list.

#52 Edited by livingdeadman (372 posts) -

@Macutchi: Hahaha. I actually enjoyed the third person gameplay, unique guns and story. I mean there's not much games out today with mythical creatures like werewolves and vampires. It gets a 8/10 from me and I'm looking forward to a sequel.

#53 Edited by Macutchi (6886 posts) -
@livingdeadman said:

@Macutchi: Hahaha. I actually enjoyed the third person gameplay, unique guns and story. I mean there's not much games out today with mythical creatures like werewolves and vampires. It gets a 8/10 from me and I'm looking forward to a sequel.

i just couldn't get going with it. full of what i call gaming anti-patterns. all the stop start gameplay, constantly wrestling control from the player, qte-ing all the things. the near universal panning from the critics it got was warranted but i'm glad you enjoyed it. the premise was interesting and the graphic were gawjus. but as the old saying goes, interesting premise and gawjus graphics alone doth not a good game make

#54 Posted by livingdeadman (372 posts) -

@Macutchi: Oh, thank you.

#55 Posted by MirkoS77 (14470 posts) -

@pyro1245 said:

Hollow Knight

+Ori.

#56 Posted by mastermetal777 (3236 posts) -

Hmm, let's see. This is the list of games I've personally played, and since the generation isn't over yet, my opinion is subject to change and the list may get shorter. With that being said...

• God of War
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (DLC included)
  • Bloodborne (The Old Hunters as well)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Dark Souls III
  • Red Dead Redemption II
  • Horizon: Zero Dawn
  • Spider-Man PS4
  • Inside
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • Persona 5
  • Doom 2016
  • Nier Automata
#57 Posted by Amnesiac23 (8470 posts) -

Mario Odyssey and BotW were instant classics for me.

#58 Posted by JoDoMac (3 posts) -

Dead Cells, without a doubt!

#59 Posted by DeepBlueZ (3 posts) -

NieR:Automata beat it over a year ago with the fifth and best main ending and then did the thing to help another player of the game get that ending also! A late 2010s masterpiece and one of my favorites in the eighth console generation!

#60 Posted by HeyThere1984 (5 posts) -

Definitely NieR: Automata, Bloodborne and Persona 5

#61 Posted by Shantmaster_K (1524 posts) -

The Witcher 3 and RDR2.

#62 Posted by pmanden (745 posts) -

Witcher 3 is the most well-polished game I have played since I don't know when. It is the best game in its genre since Oblivion and Dragon Age Origins.

Persona 5 is another masterpiece. I've spent 300 hours now, and I need more. Nuff said.

#63 Posted by Instamixes (8 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 is one of my favorite classic games. earlier I used to play it so much.

#64 Posted by robert_sparkes (3315 posts) -

Doom 2016 was a great first person shoot had all the ingredients a fps needs to be an elite shooter.

#65 Edited by jamesp0124141 (2 posts) -

If i think there is one game come in my mind immediately is Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CSGO)

#66 Posted by extelow (3 posts) -

It really depends on what to treat as 'classic'. If we are talking about genre, there will be some canonical games that are in only one genre, no more. This way, we can even say that gambling games are canonical if they're offline, but what to say about https://slotslovers.org those online? However, if we are talking about some games that became so popular that they can be classic, I can list Mortal Combat, CS, WoW, LoL and many others there. Even Minecraft! Who didn't play Minecraft?

#67 Edited by GamealotYASH (3 posts) -

Hey gamers..... All your questions answered by far the best games out.......

https://dausel.co/dyG9hP

#68 Posted by GamealotYASH (3 posts) -

@speeny: ..... All your questions answered by far the best games out.......

#69 Posted by GamealotYASH (3 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: ..... All your questions answered by far the best games out.......

#70 Posted by mephisto10 (4 posts) -

Lost Odyssey for the Xbox 360, also considered as a great game by some blogs and gaming magazines