What racing/driving game has the best roster of playable cars/vehicles in your opinion?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#1 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1173 posts) -

Hello drivers/racers in game discussion board!

Which racing game you'd reckon has the best roster of playable cars/vehicles in your opinion? you can say what ever racing game what ever you want no matter if it's sim racer, arcade street racer, kart racer or futuristic racer.

Well in my personal opinion I'd say Forza Motorsport 7.

Avatar image for speeny
#2 Posted by Speeny (1369 posts) -

Does Mario Kart 8/Deluxe count? Lol

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#3 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1173 posts) -

@speeny: Yes.

Avatar image for davillain-
#4 Posted by DaVillain- (35508 posts) -

As much as I like Forza & GT respectively, I agree with @speeny and will go for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and that game has a nice cool rosters to choose from. Second will be F-Zero.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#5 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1173 posts) -

@davillain- said:

As much as I like Forza & GT respectively, I agree with @speeny and will go for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and that game has a nice cool rosters to choose from. Second will be F-Zero.

So which F-Zero installment you're talking about?

To me the best F-Zero installment in terms of playable vehicle roster would be GX (GCN) or Climax (GBA).

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#7 Posted by robert_sparkes (2786 posts) -

Forza 7

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#8 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1173 posts) -

@voll1931 said:

GTR in Forza Horizon

Which GTR model? R32, R33, R34 or R35?

Avatar image for lensflare15
#9 Edited by lensflare15 (6652 posts) -

Burnout Paradise. I really love arcade racers and I liked that the cars in this game were all based on real cars. They also were all extremely fun to drive.

Avatar image for l34052
#10 Posted by l34052 (3897 posts) -

If we're talking about the sheer number of cars then obviously it would be Forza but if we're talking about fun to play then for me at least it's PCARS 2 and Assetto Corsa.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#11 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1173 posts) -

@l34052 said:

If we're talking about the sheer number of cars then obviously it would be Forza but if we're talking about fun to play then for me at least it's PCARS 2 and Assetto Corsa.

I see, should I buy Project Cars 2 for my Xbox One or wait for Project Cars 3 to come out this year? I hope E3 2019 will show up Project Cars 3.

Avatar image for l34052
#12 Posted by l34052 (3897 posts) -

SMS have come out and said about PCARS 3 that they're going with slightly different approach for the game, mine and a lot of other people's interpretation of that is of 'dumbing it down' or more casualising of the franchise which doesn't appeal to me at all.

PCARS 2 is out right now and is a great game so I'd buy that if it didn't already have it. Coming later in the year though is the full release of Assetto Corsa Competizione and GTR3 both of which are looking very promising.

PCARS 2 with a wheel is a sublime experience right now though and I highly recommend it to any sim racing fan.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#13 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (1173 posts) -

@l34052 said:

SMS have come out and said about PCARS 3 that they're going with slightly different approach for the game, mine and a lot of other people's interpretation of that is of 'dumbing it down' or more casualising of the franchise which doesn't appeal to me at all.

PCARS 2 is out right now and is a great game so I'd buy that if it didn't already have it. Coming later in the year though is the full release of Assetto Corsa Competizione and GTR3 both of which are looking very promising.

PCARS 2 with a wheel is a sublime experience right now though and I highly recommend it to any sim racing fan.

I have a bad feeling that Project Cars 3 will feel much like Need For Speed Shift in terms of gameplay but I hope the handling will be much better than Shift series and better be as good as Xbox's Project Gotham Racing series plus I heard Paul Rustchynsky (Playstation's Motorstorm and Driveclub director) has joined the studio too.

For the underline part, I love sim racing so much so that's why I enjoy playing Forza Motorsport, Gran Turismo, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars, Race 07, DiRT and Formula 1 so I'm a sim racing fanboy after all.

Avatar image for l34052
#14 Posted by l34052 (3897 posts) -

What's your thoughts on ACC and GTR3? For me these are the 2 games I'm most looking forward to this year.

I don't really want to be negative towards it but I don't have a good feeling for PCARS 3 going on what's been said, I hope I'm wrong though.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#15 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1173 posts) -

@l34052 said:

What's your thoughts on ACC and GTR3? For me these are the 2 games I'm most looking forward to this year.

I don't really want to be negative towards it but I don't have a good feeling for PCARS 3 going on what's been said, I hope I'm wrong though.

To me Assetto Corsa Competizione and GTR3 for graphics both are going to be great, having highly detailed cars, lighting, weather and environments.

And the driving physics wise, ACC's feels very accurate compared to their real life counterparts but for GTR3 I'm not sure because I haven't found and seen a single gameplay footage before but how ever I doubt it will be as good as RaceRoom.

I need a new gaming PC so I can play Assetto Corsa Competizione and various of next generation games starting from year 2020.