SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#1 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Would help to know what kinds of games you like... the PS3's library is huge and I would recommend looking at some exclusive games and franchises like Uncharted, Killzone, inFamous, Resistance, and The Last of Us.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#2 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Uncharted trilogy last of us mass effect trilogy god of war 3 ni no kuni tales of graces f resistance trilogy infamous 1&2 gta iv gta v skyrim dead space trilogy killzone 2&3 metro last light fallout 3 MGS4 Redemption GT5 ratcet ank clank tools of destruction and crank in time demons souls dark souls alien isolation batman AC and AA heavenly sword ninja gaiden sigma&2 max payne 3 crysis 2 assassin creed series

brenobnfm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 brenobnfm
Member since 2017 • 103 Posts

Essential:

Demon's Souls

Nier

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

If you don't own a Xbox:

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 1 and 2

Red Dead Redemption

If you don't own a PS4:

The Last of Us

If you don't own a capable PC:

Dark Souls

Metal Gear Rising

DerpaDerp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 DerpaDerp
Member since 2017 • 59 Posts

The Last of Us would be great advice. for a story based game that is. *prepare your feels on this game*

For two player combat, go for tekken 6.

for RPGs, go for Dark Souls 1 and 2. *git gud*

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

Yeah, you should tell us what type of games you like, since there are tons of good PS3 games out there so we can narrow it down for you.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

If you like RPG's you should get: Persona 5, Skyrim, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Demon's Souls, Dark Souls 1 & 2, and any Tales of games that you come across

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11663 Posts

I agree with @glitch- we need some context to help.

But a personal pick no one here is mentioning is Dragon's Crown. One of my favorites on the platform, it's a 2D Beat em' Up game that is very fun with a few friends. If you like the genre that is_

TiggyTog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TiggyTog
Member since 2017 • 324 Posts

RPG's: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion GOTY Edition, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Legendary Edition, Dark Souls 1 & 2, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Kingdom's of Amalur: Reckoning, Dragon Age: Origins & II (II is okay), Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition, FallOut 3 and FallOut: New Vegas, Dead Island 1 OR Dead Island: Riptide (No reason to get both, though I'd choose Riptide), Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor, Lord of the Rings: War in the North (this one is okay).

First-Person/Third-Person Shooters: Doom 3 BFG Edition, Uncharted 1, 2, and 3, Crysis 3, Borderlands 1 & 2, Killzone 3, Resistance 3, Far Cry Compilation.

Open-World Games: Grand Theft Auto IV & V, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row 2, Saints Row: The Third, Saints Row IV, Saints Row: Gat out of Hell, Red Dead Redemption, Watch Dogs, Prototype 1 & 2, Infamous 1 & 2, Mafia II, Assassin's Creed Series, Dead Rising 2 & Off The Record, Batman: Arkham City.

Edit: I'll update my list later, but before that lemme tell you my 3 favorites out of this list. RPG Favorite: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, bland story, but some of the best combat I've seen in any RPG. First Person/Third Person Shooter Favorite: Borderlands 2, by far my favorite on the handheld, it's just pure fun with endless loot. Open-World Games Favorite: This ones kind hard, but it's between Saints Row IV, GTA V, Sleeping Dogs, and Arkham City, if I had to absolutely pick a favorite, it's gotta be Arkham City, it's just pure fun.

johnmilner921

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 johnmilner921
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

PlayStation 3 is getting closer and closer to its lifecycle support, and ultimately, more and more games will be released in PlayStation 4. Go for PS4 if you consider not to switch console in 3–4 year.

soul_starter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 soul_starter
Member since 2013 • 1377 Posts

@ilovehalo: Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3, GTA V, God of War 3, Fight Night 4 (not Champions), Modern Warfare 2, Fifa 12 (easily the best one on last gen), Red Dead Redemption (A MUST BUY), MGS 4, Skyrim, Resistance 2...I'll stop there but I will highlight the games YOU HAVE TO BUY

Mortal74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mortal74
Member since 2017 • 52 Posts

Somebody mentioned Dragon's Crown and that game is awesome. Beautiful visuals too. Same developer did an updated re-release of their PS2 game Odin Sphere released on PS3 and PS4. I only played the PS2 original and it was great. Same beautiful art direction of Dragon's Crown. The remake looks better obviously and supposedly fixed some problems.

Persona 5 just came out on PS4 but most people don't realize it was also released on PS3.

I gotta say the God of War series of games. Such a great franchise of awesome games.

Sonic Generations is finally an amazing Sonic game in a sea of crap. It is by far my favorite Sonic the Hedgehog game. Highly recommended.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#13 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts

I would recommend Little Big Planet: Karting.

sagatvlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sagatvlad
Member since 2011 • 27 Posts

Like @johnmilner921 sayed PS 3 is going to be out of support soon. If you wanna go for some adventure go for Rise of the Tomb Rider, Uncharted 2, 3 or 4 , God of War 2, 3 and God of War 4 (soon to come).

If u are not satisfied u can also try https://www.g2a.com/r/sagat verry good offers.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7239 Posts

@ilovehalo: Based on your username, I'm going to guess you like first person shooters. Check out the Resistance series. They are really cheap if you buy them used. The first one goes for about $1 these days. Killzone is alright too, but I prefer Resistance.

Tj23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tj23
Member since 2017 • 35 Posts

Basically ,everything that was remastered/also made available for ps4 should be your first priority .

Ilovehalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By Ilovehalo
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

@SoNin360: I prefer shooters, or racing games, though my parents don't love games like call of duty with an f word in every cutscene. So maybe in the T section.

Ilovehalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18  Edited By Ilovehalo
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

@RSM-HQ: Personally, I haven't tried many rpgs, but they seem cool. I like shooters, and racing games a little more.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#19 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@ilovehalo said:

@SoNin360: I prefer shooters, or racing games, though my parents don't love games like call of duty with an f word in every cutscene. So maybe in the T section.

The Uncharted games are T-rated third-person shooters and are excellent games. The first Battlefield: Bad Company game is a T-rated FPS. As far as racing games go I'd recommend Burnout Paradise, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, and Blur. That is, provided you prefer arcade-styled racers. If you're more into simulators then Dirt 3 and Gran Turismo 5 & 6 might be more for you.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RSM-HQ

@ilovehalo said:

@RSM-HQ: Personally, I haven't tried many rpgs, but they seem cool. I like shooters, and racing games a little more.

Dragon's Crown has RPG elements but do not misunderstand. The game is a side scrolling Beat em' Up with added layers for replay-value. The combat has a lot of depth as well making fights very enjoyable :)

Wipeout Omega collection should in good faith be a game to consider if you like racing games. I don't play enough shooters to recommend one, outside of D00M I haven't really liked any recently and I played it on P.C.

hismaimai2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hismaimai2000
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

What do you think about the upcoming PS?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#22 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Surprised no one has mentioned Catherine. Even though it’s getting re-released on PS4 with extra content.

Great game if you enjoy puzzles. Gameplay is very satisfying and addictive imo. They’re not too complicated either. I’m not one that enjoys puzzle games all that much but the story keeps you on the edge of your seat.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 RSM-HQ
@speeny said:

Surprised no one has mentioned Catherine. Even though it’s getting re-released on PS4 with extra content.

The thread being over a year old is likely the reason. Many ancient threads get bumped by Bots or Alts, tough to tell.

Never played Catherine myself but the re-release looks interesting I do agree. I'm hoping Console owners are considering the recent Divinity II port from P.C., with all the new content they've added as well.

danielpacheco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 danielpacheco
Member since 2018 • 159 Posts

Every Hotline Miami feels well in every console!

danielpacheco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 danielpacheco
Member since 2018 • 159 Posts

@brenobnfm: Hahah You missed some really cool indie games!

Essential:

- Hotline Miami

- The Cave

- Spelunky

- Braid

- Castle Crashers