What little things annoy you in games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

What small little issues that usually make almost no difference to the game annoy you slightly, what thing are you picky about.

For me it's:

• Loading screen elevators, Mass Effect 2 was the worst culprit for this, things like this take me out of the experice.
  • Decorative vehicles, things like the container ships in GTA, I know there is almost zero appeal in driving them but it is another thing that takes me out of the experice, the decorative aircraft in GTA IV is the worst culprit for things like this.
Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#2 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

Glitched trophies / achievements.  Gimme a break.  Put a checkbox next to items 1 - 15;  when all checkboxes are filled, award achievement.  How freakin' difficult can that be?

locus-solus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 locus-solus
Member since 2013 • 1557 Posts
abusive dlc like disk looked content, day one dlc, multiple different pre order bonuses (dislike them in general), microtransactions. unfinished games and the mentality that it can patched after lunch and if its not fixed to bad for you the publisher already has your money and the laughing the whole way to the bank. unpolished mechanics examples GTA 4, Shadow of the Colossus (still love the SotC). 6 to 8 hour games. unfair difficulty spikes. online trophies or achievements (dislike most online multiplayer games) the obsession with shooter this Gen not to say i don't enjoy some like Bioshock and Red Dead Redemption
marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Just finished Fallout new vegas. While I absoluetly loved the game, the small little bugs and freezing issues annyoyed the heck out of me.

I had the final mission lock up on me 4 times in a row not to mention the numerous times it froze during the middle of the game.

Also there was some audio glitches that would cause me to have to restart the game.

Avatar image for TheLastGamer122
TheLastGamer122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 TheLastGamer122
Member since 2013 • 52 Posts
Macho Americans in First of Third person military shooters.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

Poor AI in games where you are reliant on it. I am playing through Pikmin 3 right now, and while the game as a whole is quite enjoyable, the pathing issues that the Pikmin suffer from is super frustrating. When I command the Pikmin to do something, and even a child could figure out the best way to go about it, it is irritating to watch them foul up. 

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

A game with no boss fountains. 

High difficulty level as a result of stupid design. 

Poor voice acting (if the game is under 10 years old).

Collectibles overkill.

shinian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 shinian
Member since 2005 • 6871 Posts

Frikkin' collectibles.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

these aren't little things, they annoy me alot:

• Bad placement of checkpoints and savepoints.
  • Cutscenes or long scripted events or dialogue that cannot be skipped.
  • Menus with illogical navigation.
  • Having to connect to a server and create a profile before being able to play singleplayer.
  • Enemies that don't flinch when they are shot unless you hit them square between the eyes.
  • Games with boring stories.
  • Games with readables that are not interesting about ordinary things that add nothing to the game.
  • Stupid achievements (congratulations, you completed the first mission!)
  • Canned side missions throughout the whole map, game.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  (refer to any Ubisoft game especially).
  • Games with stealth designed by noobs that haven't a clue what makes a good stealth game. (refer to virtually any game made in the past 10 years)
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

these aren't little things, they annoy me alot:

• Bad placement of checkpoints and savepoints.
  • Cutscenes or long scripted events or dialogue that cannot be skipped.
  • Menus with illogical navigation.
  • Having to connect to a server and create a profile before being able to play singleplayer.
  • Enemies that don't flinch when they are shot unless you hit them square between the eyes.
  • Games with boring stories.
  • Games with readables that are not interesting about ordinary things that add nothing to the game.
  • Stupid achievements (congratulations, you completed the first mission!)
  • Canned side missions throughout the whole map, game.  Wash, rinse, repeat.  (refer to any Ubisoft game especially).
  • Games with stealth designed by noobs that haven't a clue what makes a good stealth game. (refer to virtually any game made in the past 10 years)

Qixote

A 'game with stealth' doesn't necessarily mean 'stealth game'. They don't have to be great.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts

Glitched trophies / achievements.  Gimme a break.  Put a checkbox next to items 1 - 15;  when all checkboxes are filled, award achievement.  How freakin' difficult can that be?

Jackc8
This.. it's the reason I don't bother getting them anymore. I've had far too many glitch.. like collecting shards in Infamous 2.. Not replaying an entire game to get a trophy so now I just play the game, enjoy it and move to the next. I could care less about trophies. I don't bother looking at the trophy lists anymore.
Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Unskippable cutscenes

Cutscenes that have "skip" in the corner of the screen

Glitched achievements

Inconsistent AI

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#13 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
advertisment, ,plot holes, achievments that don't unlock properly, no manual save and bad checkpoints, generic shooters, bad dlc, on disc dlc, microtransactions, map dlc, bad ending to a game/cliffhanger/plot holes, quest/mission breaking bugs are the ones that pop in to my head atm
INF1DEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 INF1DEL
Member since 2006 • 2083 Posts

Unskippable cutscenes are really annoying.

One little thing that really irritates me is "Press Enter to continue." When I'm playing a game my hand is nowhere near the enter key. I don't want to move my hand half way across my keyboard to press a key to start the game. Why does it even have to be a specific key? This is especially annoying if it happens as soon as I boot up the game rather than just taking me straight to the main menu. A great way to make a terrible first impression. I'm looking at you, Crysis. Bonus points if it happens after an unskippable splash screen.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
Its hard to be annoyed by something that makes no difference. . . . . Actualy theres one thing I'm pretty sure that makes no difference that pisses me off, RPG Style Progression Systems (Mass Effect, The Witcher, Darksiders II, hell even Bioshock). Even if they did make a difference that would only piss me off even more.
insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

DLC, knowing how far you are through a game (the loading screen saying 70% complete for example), and achievements/trophies. Achievements that spoil the story but aren't made secret are the ones that annoy me the most.

Ravenous_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ravenous_Joker
Member since 2013 • 297 Posts
Glitches from a game that was rushed to meet it's release date. Completely dumb and useless AI. Poor Controls.