What is your most dissapointing game of this gen?

• 70 results
Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

For me it has to be Mafia 3 it has great characters and a unique setting but it was ruined by bugs and glitches. On top of that it has the most laziness mission design I have ever seen in game. I don't know honestly how this got released when you are just repeating the same three objectives over and over and over again. The game drove me crazy it had so much potential but Mafia 3 failed hard on mission design and open world variety.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56039 Posts

Destiny 2! I cannot believe I gave that game a second chances, it was more the same from the first game, I thought Bungie learned what went wrong from the previous game and Destiny 2 is by far my most disappointing game this gen has to offer and only current-gen game disappointing.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7221 Posts

I quite enjoyed Mafia 3 even though it didn't look next gen to me graphically it looked shaky in places with pop up. One for me was mirrors edge catalyst maybe I had my expectations too high I just found the experience disappointing.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

halo 6 its still a good game but could of been better / Cod wwii was hoping for something like big red one or waw

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

The Witcher 3

This game is the perfect example of a game receiving great scores based just off of it's presentation, graphics, and story. It's actual gameplay, the thing that I care about most, is garbage with terrible combat and terrible movement controls.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

I'll just name my top 3

Little Big Planet 3- Glitchy trash that still corrupts your save-data for doing basic platforming and going in a moon. Added gimmicky characters that brought nothing to the gameplay. Otherwise back to note 1; it's an unplayable mess unless you use the cloud constantly and like seeing the Error screen every hour.

Thief (reboot)- From its overly narrow level design, to moronic A.I. Theif reboot focuses more on its presentation than gameplay. Ending up as a poorly made game.

Shadow of the Beast- Terrible combat system which is 90% QTE and poor input detection for platforming. This game could have been at least good if tested more effectively; but instead we got this. A shame, out of all the three this is the game I was cheering to be a good game. Has more charm than the two above but still terrible from a gameplay standpoint.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44105 Posts

For me it’s a toss up between Mass Effect Andromeda and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite. Interestingly enough both games had solid gameplay but the presentation and storytelling really fell flat.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9394 Posts

Dragon Age: Inquisition, was that this gen?

I though we were going to get a great tactics game, but all we got was a crappy action game... BioWare thoroughly ruined an awesome world and set of lore. Really it's my own fault for buying it knowing that was most likely the case anyway.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Metal Gear Solid V

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

BotW. It added mechanics I hated and got rid of everything I previously liked from the series.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10416 Posts
@Flubbbs said:

Metal Gear Solid V

what was so bad about it to make it your biggest disappointment?

it had plenty of issues i could moan about - too long, decent gear took lots of grinding to get, the base management was a bit of a chore etc. but the underlying fundamentals were great with some of the best dynamic, emergent stealth gameplay i've experienced.

i'd probably go with fallout 4. it felt more like fallout 3.5. the shooting was much improved. beyond that everything else felt regressive.

the role playing was massively stripped down, the base building felt like a tacked on afterthought that served no purpose, most missions were just go to this location, kill everything, fetch that back and the graphics / performance at the time would have been questionable for a last gen game. i was expecting / hoping for so much more

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Macutchi said:
@Flubbbs said:

Metal Gear Solid V

Well to guess_

Worse than previous Metal Gear Solid games for a variety of reasons, and MGS fans having very high expectations.

Most disappointing doesn't always mean the worst game, just means that one particular Gamer at least expected higher quality.

And after playing MGSV recently would have to agree with Flubbbs that it's far from a great game.

Mechanically it's awesome, level design is hit and miss (openworld does not always mean better), and everything else feels like a pointless grind with no incentive for real progression. Something previous MGS games did exceedingly well, even the love it or hate it MGSIV.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Macutchi
@RSM-HQ said:
@Macutchi said:
@Flubbbs said:

Metal Gear Solid V

Most disappointing doesn't always mean the worst game

yeah i know that. i would have said the order 1886 if that was the case. i said fallout 4 but i still sunk ~20 hours into it. was just curious what his reasons were as the good in mgsv quite considerably outweighed the bad for me

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RSM-HQ

@Macutchi:

the order 1886

I never really trash on The Order because I personally never saw anyone getting high hopes over the game. Even before its release.

It was quite simply Sonys PS4 tech demo, giving people an idea of what a PS4 could do from a graphical perspective, and nothing more.

i said fallout 4 but i still sunk ~20 hours into it.

Personally had more fun with FO4 than 3, however I didn't exactly do anything other than the main questline and only praised the use of color and improved shooting. From my understanding from various discussions FO4 is disliked for its streamlined conversation wheel, removal of beloved RPG elements (no karma system), and overall lack of side activity.

It's interesting you found FO4 more disappointing than Mass Effect: Andromeda. Doesn't that game butcher the series more so than FO4? Or did the latter have elements you found enjoyable.

Personally speaking never found a Bioware game enjoyable and given two (praised) Dragon Age games a fair chance.

Add to that No Man Sky. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that a game you expected to be better?

Not corning you before getting the wrong idea, just extending the scope of the thread for conversation; I've bought a lot of stinkers this 'generation' as well.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I want to say Final Fantasy XV but I never played it. I'm just pissed with Square-Enix on direction it take though.

Back to topic I think Mass Effect Andromeda is the worst disappointment for me in the recent years. Finding new homes for Milky Way immigrants was fun and addictive but I have to get through its weakest part in order to enjoy its best part: Weak combat and poorly-written story. Not to mention the game had too much bugs on release and several patches weeks later. That ultimately killed the planned single-player Quarian Ark DLC which already hinted in the base game. While I think it deserved the backlash but at same time it also makes me sad that it destroyed the studio that made the game.

Blue Reflection(PS4) is also another major disappointment in this generation. It had good ideas for an RPG but too bad it was ruined by bad execution and the developers had too little time and resources to invest on it. Much like they were forced to finish a project that should take at least 18 month but only given 6 months to do so. Bland environments which they cleverly but obviously hide them in soft, bright colors. It may not the worst game I ever played but it definitely the most disappointing game in recent years.

M8ingSeezun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 M8ingSeezun
Member since 2007 • 2313 Posts

Nothing. I usually research before buying games.

Wolfenstein 2 did have a stupid story line. I just didn't like BJ's backstory and I didn't like the corny stupid characters, especially the 3 DLCs.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

The main one that comes to mind first is Mafia 3. I was sure that game was going to be great... parts of it were (story/characters/setting), but the rest was so meh.

The other 2 are Mass Effect Andromeda & Halo 5's campaign... still got some enjoyment out of both of them, but just didn't live up to their predecessors' quality.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Macutchi
@RSM-HQ said:

@Macutchi:

the order 1886

I never really trash on The Order because I personally never saw anyone getting high hopes over the game. Even before its release.

It was quite simply Sonys PS4 tech demo, giving people an idea of what a PS4 could do from a graphical perspective, and nothing more.

i said fallout 4 but i still sunk ~20 hours into it.

Personally had more fun with FO4 than 3, however I didn't exactly do anything other than the main questline and only praised the use of color and improved shooting. From my understanding from various discussions FO4 is disliked for its streamlined conversation wheel, removal of beloved RPG elements (no karma system), and overall lack of side activity.

It's interesting you found FO4 more disappointing than Mass Effect: Andromeda. Doesn't that game butcher the series more so than FO4? Or did the latter have elements you found enjoyable.

Personally speaking never found a Bioware game enjoyable and given two (praised) Dragon Age games a fair chance.

Add to that No Man Sky. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that a game you expected to be better?

Not corning you before getting the wrong idea, just extending the scope of the thread for conversation; I've bought a lot of stinkers this 'generation' as well.

it was more about expectation with f4. expectation vs what was delivered. i was expecting an oblivion to skyrim type leap in evolution but it felt more like oblivion to shivering isles "side step" i.e. a (large) expansion pack, but with some good stuff removed.

i can't really pass comment on andromeda. i played the first hour or two. all i remember is running around a mountain side dodging lightning bolts raining down and pew pew-ing a few alien chaps. there wasn't anything, be it story, characters, premise, gameplay which grabbed me and it just got sidelined. i did intend to go back but other games got in the way. i will give it another go, one day, probably, but i'm with you, i'm not much of a bioware fan, not since mass effect 1 and their earlier games. it's not a popular opinion but i found mass effect 2 to be overrated. another game that didn't live up to the expectation i had after its predecessor.

and i haven't played no man's sky. it sounded amazing. i was hyped. but reviews largely said don't touch with a barge pole. so i didn't. i picked up elite dangerous instead.

was surprised you said thief - wouldn't have thought it would have been your kind of game and therefore not much of a disappointment when you found it, quite rightly, a stinker?

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Battlefront by far!

Played the open beta. Got bored in about 3 hours. Uninstalled and started playing the original Star Wars Battlefront 2 for hours and hours.

dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

I'd probably say Destiny 2, what a sham.

Beyond that though, Sea of Thieves was also a little disappointing, although I still had a lot of fun with it and its gorgeous visually so I'm not too mad, just didn't have nearly the amount of content or depth I expected given how long Rare worked on it.

Also this one will probably get me some hate but definitely Horizon Zero Dawn. I think part of the problem is I went into it with too high of expectations, but the writing just felt disjointed and awkward and the structure of the world really failed to draw me in as well. Although aesthetically it was basically flawless.

RangerDanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RangerDanger
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

No Mans Sky

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Macutchi said:
was surprised you said thief - wouldn't have thought it would have been your kind of game and therefore not much of a disappointment when you found it, quite rightly, a stinker?

I've dipped into the Thief series a few times (Thief 2 being the standout), and while I'm not the biggest fan of stealth overall. Thief, like Deus Ex usually have excellent level design and variety of options; which is something I always appreciate in games.

Not to mention the reboot was developed by the team behind Human Revolution which I not only finished, but did a no kill/ give me Deus Ex mode run.

It's why I never bothered with Mankind Divided, the developer really disappointed me after Thief.

i picked up elite dangerous instead

Never played No Mans Sky, so like you can only go on its infamous reputation. but can state Elite IV is a very good game.

it was more about expectation with f4. expectation vs what was delivered. i was expecting an oblivion to skyrim type leap in evolution but it felt more like oblivion to shivering isles "side step" i.e. a (large) expansion pack, but with some good stuff removed.

I honestly think Shivering Isles is better than base Oblivion in almost every way. However I think I get your view point.

You expected Bethesda to finally have a new overall gaming engine (visually improved, less bugs, new physics, etc). And all FO4 was, yet again, was a somewhat modified version of the engine they've used for well over a decade. And considering how much they've made (profit-wise) from games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3. They can afford to have a new engine, yet instead they went the cheaper, and overall lazier route.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#23 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2945 Posts

Destiny 2 was pretty horrible, I didn't really play the first one though so I wasn't sure what to expect. Mindless AI hunting game with Doom 2016 multiplayer.

MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

ME: Andromeda.

It is the game that convinced me to never purchase a game until I have seen reviews or at least some type of opinion from informed individuals on the "finished" product.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

@Macutchi said:
@Flubbbs said:

Metal Gear Solid V

it had plenty of issues i could moan about - too long, decent gear took lots of grinding to get, the base management was a bit of a chore etc. but the underlying fundamentals were great with some of the best dynamic, emergent stealth gameplay i've experienced.

i'd probably go with fallout 4. it felt more like fallout 3.5. the shooting was much improved. beyond that everything else felt regressive.

the role playing was massively stripped down, the base building felt like a tacked on afterthought that served no purpose, most missions were just go to this location, kill everything, fetch that back and the graphics / performance at the time would have been questionable for a last gen game. i was expecting / hoping for so much more

-the open world is boring

-story was bad

-pacing

-missions were generic and repetitive

-lack of epic boss fights

-cut content

-the ending

i agree that the gameplay was great.. its probably my own fault for over-hyping the game but for Kojima's last MGS it went out bad

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Macutchi
@Flubbbs said:

-the open world is boring

-story was bad

-pacing

-missions were generic and repetitive

-lack of epic boss fights

-cut content

-the ending

i agree that the gameplay was great.. its probably my own fault for over-hyping the game but for Kojima's last MGS it went out bad

can't really argue with any of that tbf. i didn't see the open world as one to be explored, more just to give you the scope to approach targets from whichever angle fit most with your play style / strategy. that freedom, with the day / night cycles and different enemy patterns, made for some pretty cool dynamic scenarios. but yeah, i think the biggest problems were the repetition and pacing.

@RSM-HQ said:

I honestly think Shivering Isles is better than base Oblivion in almost every way. However I think I get your view point.

You expected Bethesda to finally have a new overall gaming engine (visually improved, less bugs, new physics, etc). And all FO4 was, yet again, was a somewhat modified version of the engine they've used for well over a decade. And considering how much they've made (profit-wise) from games like Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3. They can afford to have a new engine, yet instead they went the cheaper, and overall lazier route.

yeah that's it in a nutshell.

@RSM-HQ said:

I've dipped into the Thief series a few times (Thief 2 being the standout), and while I'm not the biggest fan of stealth overall. Thief, like Deus Ex usually has excellent level design and variety of options; which is something I always appreciate in games.

Not to mention the reboot was developed by the team behind Human Revolution which I not only finished, but did a no kill/ give me Deus Ex mode run.

It's why I never bothered with Mankind Divided, the developer really disappointed me after Thief.

mankind divided was a weird one for me. it started really well and then i just hit a wall with it. it's hard to put my finger on why exactly, my interest just dwindled. i gave it a second go months later and the same happened again. strange, as i really enjoyed human revolution and really wanted to get into it.

i didn't know you dabbled in those kind of games. check out the dishonored games if you haven't already. if you like the old thief games and deus ex you'll likely enjoy them. although there were quite a few from the team who made half life 2 involved so, knowing how you feel about that game... maybe not ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-5c56012aaa167
deactivated-5c56012aaa167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-5c56012aaa167
Member since 2016 • 2538 Posts

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition: Expected this to be True Crime 3 but, It was so inferior to True Crime 2.

Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain : It was supposed to be an awesome game according to it's reviews but it was an empty world game which always loved to waste players time.(Heli rides and pointless traveling between bases which only required holding the direction button for few minutes)

darkzoomer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 darkzoomer
Member since 2018 • 105 Posts

Nier Automata. Combat was a huge step down from Platinum's previous titles.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 robert_sparkes

Skipped mgs 5 so will play it with games with gold this month. Not liking the sound of a mgs game in an open world.

BigCat2K20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#30 BigCat2K20
Member since 2004 • 426 Posts

I'll say Homefront The Revolution & it sucks to say that. It had potential to be an good game. But, there were things in that dang game stopped me from going the "good game" route are glitchy, buggy, stealth elements were infuriating to no end & Black Ops 2 type non sense distant futuristic setting (really Dambuster Studios).

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RSM-HQ
@Macutchi said:

check out the dishonored games if you haven't already. if you like the old thief games and deus ex you'll likely enjoy them. although there were quite a few from the team who made half life 2 involved so, knowing how you feel about that game... maybe not ;)

Half Life 2 wasn't bad but outside of its focus on physics, I don't see why it was so beloved honestly. Wouldn't say my view went much past that. I think that's a bit different from hating the people who developed the game :P

With that, I've looked at Dishonored a few times. Never played them, but it's a series I've been meaning to try at somepoint.

@darkzoomer said: Nier Automata. Combat was a huge step down from Platinum's previous titles.

Think I understand but the way this is phrased is off to me.

The combat was still excellent and fluid, problem was the repetitive aspect, enemies are way too spongy, and the evade feature can be easily abused. For both these reasons fights went on much longer than they ever should. It was a game of patience not skill.

Regardless. For me the biggest flaw was the level design, it was downright awful.

jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

1 Breath of the wild

2 Rise of the Tomb Raider

3 MGSV

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
@npiet1 said:

halo 6 its still a good game but could of been better / Cod wwii was hoping for something like big red one or waw

Halo 6?

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@dotWithShoes: Ment to say 5

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

Diablo 3.

I bought a new graphics card in anticipation of that game having looked at some beta footage maybe 10 years ofter Diablo 2?

But it ended up taking 15 years to make. Blizzard were too lazy, had access to too much cash, and little by little, they went insane.

I was never even moved to buy it.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

@jackamomo said:

Diablo 3.

I bought a new graphics card in anticipation of that game having looked at some beta footage maybe 10 years ofter Diablo 2?

But it ended up taking 15 years to make. Blizzard were too lazy, had access to too much cash, and little by little, they went insane.

I was never even moved to buy it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Diablo III in terms of mindless killing. Me and my mate must have sunk over 100 hours in to it. Saying that, not really got any idea of the story!

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#37 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@lembu90 said:

I want to say Final Fantasy XV but I never played it. I'm just pissed with Square-Enix on direction it take though.

I did play it, and I can tell you, that it is this generation's biggest disappointment, considering it has been in development for over ten years.

It plays NOTHING like a Final Fantasy game. In order to understand the plot, you have to purchase and download a two hours cutscene that leave you with more questions than answers.

It is by no mean a terrible game, but if this was your first foray into the series, you would well wonder what the fuss is all about.

Not only a disappointment, but it leaves fans confused as to what the future holds for the series...

Jackamomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jackamomo
Member since 2017 • 2157 Posts

@goodzorr: I suppose I'm more bothered about game mechanics, and just well, overall really. Especially when it came out. It didn't have any really good new ideas. I was excited about the new witch doctor class but when it came out it had all sort of gone all brown.

If you've ever tried mixing poster paints in primary or infant school you will soon learn that when you keep adding stuff you always end up with brown.

It just looked all shitty to me and still does really.

goodzorr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 goodzorr
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

@jackamomo said:

@goodzorr: I suppose I'm more bothered about game mechanics, and just well, overall really. Especially when it came out. It didn't have any really good new ideas. I was excited about the new witch doctor class but when it came out it had all sort of gone all brown.

If you've ever tried mixing poster paints in primary or infant school you will soon learn that when you keep adding stuff you always end up with brown.

It just looked all shitty to me and still does really.

Haha, that's an awesome analogy! All fart and no shit ;)

reptile6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By reptile6
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

Dragon Age Inquisition, so boring

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
@npiet1 said:

@dotWithShoes: Ment to say 5

Ah. I was like, did I miss something? How? :)

Regulator331

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Regulator331
Member since 2015 • 51 Posts

I'm going to skip the obvious Halo 5, Halo MCC, and Sea of Thieves and say two games a bit more obscure: 7 Days to Die, and Marvel Heroes /Omega.

7 days to Die I loved when it was in Alpha 10. It needed polish and end game content. Instead the developer rebuilt the game on a new engine and added a grindy leveling mechanic complete with item quality. Ruined the game for me.

Marvel Heroes 2016 was great, I loved it over 50 playable characters from the marvel universe in an action RPG from the developer of Diablo 2. But it was shut down because it wasn't making Disney money anymore. Can't even play offline.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Final Fantasy XV. It's not a terrible game if you don't heed the "final fantasy" in the title, but as a FF game it's just awful.

AMark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AMark
Member since 2018 • 17 Posts

Final Fantasy XV and Uncharted 4.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#45 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

FFXV. Console gamers made it sound like the game was going to be better than it was and it turned out to be crap. Not as crap as 10 through 13 (havent played 14) but still quite crap, especially the last parts of the main story.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 robert_sparkes

If you count it as this gen then thief was trash.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By RSM-HQ
@pelvist said:

FFXV. Console gamers made it sound like the game was going to be better than it was and it turned out to be crap.

Take this attitude to System-Wars_

I think you'll find Final Fantasy fans rooted for that game, not all "Console gamers" it's a bit far-fetched to throw a whole player-base on the same boat like that.

It's like me stating "P.C. gamers made Xcom 2 sound like the Jesus of tactical role-playing games" when in reality it was a smaller dedicated bunch that hyped that game. And as someone who purchased Xcom 2 near its release, can tell you it was a mess, all it did was make me want to play Disgaea.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#48  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts
@RSM-HQ said:
@pelvist said:

FFXV. Console gamers made it sound like the game was going to be better than it was and it turned out to be crap.

Take this attitude to System-Wars_

I think you'll find Final Fantasy fans rooted for that game, not all "Console gamers" it's a bit far-fetched to throw a whole player-base on the same boat like that.

It's like me stating "P.C. gamers made Xcom 2 sound like the Jesus of tactical role-playing games" when in reality it was a smaller dedicated bunch that hyped that game. And as someone who purchased Xcom 2 near its release, can tell you it was a mess, all it did was make me want to play Disgaea.

Oh look how sensitive you are, poor thing.

I answered the topic question, what I said about console gamers is relevant to my answer.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

i would say Infamous: Second Son. Just being familiar with the original two, it seemed pretty clear that Second Son got crunched to fit it into the launch window. The city is way less dense than previous titles and the story is far shorter, but the powers were the best in the franchise. Could have been so good.

I could say Destiny and the Division, but it's become pretty clear that console-minded developers have no clue how to build a persistent world nor how to populate it with meaningful content, so maybe I should just expect to be dissatisfied. It's not any limitation of the hardware, just clueless devs.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#50  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I'd say Gravity Rush 2. Really enjoyed the first game on the Vita. I even bought the Remastered version on the PS4 to play through before playing the sequel to freshen myself up on the story and get excited for it and whatnot. But Gravity Rush 2 just didn't do it for me. I didn't care for the level designs and I just didn't find a lot of the game to be that fun. Not the worst game I've played this gen by any stretch, but it was definitely disappointing to me on a personal level.