What is your favorite video game town/suburb/city to spend time in and why?

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zuon
Member since 2008 • 444 Posts

I have two picks for this. The first one is Clock Town from Majora's Mask, simply because of how lively everyone feels tending to their schedules, and the next is Chicago from the very first Watch Dogs. Maybe it's just how close the camera is to Aiden in that particular title, but the sense of scale the city has actually feels massive, when a lot of other open world games seem to feel smaller somehow.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9444 Posts

Don't think I can pick a favorite, however if I pick any it will certainly be Monster Hunter related. Yes!

Down time, heading back to restock, eat meals, make your hunter drunk, petting the best pig in video games, and meet up with coop friends. It's what the game(s) are made for.

Cathar from Monster Hunter 4 came to mind as I like it a whole lot_

Residing near divine lands of Heaven's Mount; Cathar is far from the realm of mortals it clasps the very clouds themselves. The land holds secrets, only to those who slay Shagarumagara.

Small, lovable, great music, and enough NPCs that do the job and a few hidden 'lore' areas for those that want it.

This is also the village that introduces Maximeld XIV, if one of the new Gen 5 Hunters are a fan of melding mechanics? This boy with a frog on his head is how it all began.

*Seliana from Iceborne is alright as far as Gen5 offerings go, but I don't particularly find it memorable and lack of hidden areas makes it more 'convenient' than interesting. Seliana has the best gathering hub of any MH game for sure, however as far as bases/ villages/ towns Cathar is top tier

Loading Video...

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 judaspete  Online
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts

Zoras Domain in Zelda is always a highlight, but BotW is probably my favorite. Weirdly enjoy diving down under the city to look for fish, then swimming right back up one of the waterfalls.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 722 Posts

Stardew Valley

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zuon

@robbie23: And why? (Never played Stardew Valley. Downloaded it on Steam, which crashed/stopped responding on launch, so instead of figuring out a fix, I just uninstalled it to make room for something else)

warmblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 warmblur
Member since 2017 • 5901 Posts

There's alot great topic OP

• GTA: SA- Countryside I just find it peaceful it looks really nice to during sunrise and sunset.
  • Sleeping Dogs- The Hong Kong setting is great especially and night with all the glowing neon signs.
  • GTAV- Vespucci Beach, It feels like most lively place in the game the fact that you can go on the Ferris wheel and rollercoaster is really cool and hearing the water splashing from the current all around adds to the immersion alot of details in this area of the game.
Loading Video...

gaeandilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 gaeandilth
Member since 2010 • 295 Posts

Tarren Mill in WoW back in vanilla. So many horde there died to my hand. Only time WoW pvp was fun but I am probably biased since i was FAR more equipped then everyone.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#8 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2591 Posts

Ones that come to mind in no particular order:

Outset Island - The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

The Gold Saucer - FF7

Various locations in the Sly Raccoon games (Mostly referring to 2, 3 & Thieves in Time.)

Zuon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zuon

@speeny: I've always wanted to ask about that Sly Cooper/Raccoon name change overseas. I know it's a derogatory slang term in other parts of the world but... surely it's still a surname over there too, correct?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#10 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 2591 Posts

@Zuon said:

@speeny: I've always wanted to ask about that Sly Cooper/Raccoon name change overseas. I know it's a derogatory slang term in other parts of the world but... surely it's still a surname over there too, correct?

Here in Australia, generally if there's name changes it's because of the European release which we pretty much follow. Other than that, there's no real reason to be honest.

I know that Neo Bowser City in MK8/Deluxe was changed to Koopa City for whatever reason here and in Europe. Weird, but it is what it is.

VagrantSnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 VagrantSnow
Member since 2018 • 507 Posts

Dobuita from Shenmue. Feels very much alive and homely with so many people knowing who you are. Always enjoyed running through it at night when it snowed and was quiet and everyone going home from work.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10193 Posts

Can't think of a favorite right now but I'm playing Persona 4 Golden these days and Inaba is a wonderful little rural town.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 5852 Posts

For me, Rapture. I used to have an apartment in Rapture in Playstation Home. Does anybody remember PS Home?

Anyway, I had an apartment in Rapture and I visited it many times. Great atmosphere. There was a city seascape outside the windows and skylight. There was even a secret room where I put some arcade cabinets: Galaga, Dig Dug, Pacman and Everyday Shooter.

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts

the town in GTA5.

Ottyandthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ottyandthedj
Member since 2020 • 29 Posts

i really liked the town in Bully (Rockstar games) believe it or not, especially when you get to the city circus.

GTA vice city's town was good.

Mass Effect 2 had a decent one, i believe it was the Asari one that was pretty good. It was going in a good direction with the techno vibe, and futuristic stuff. Omega ! was the name of it. The planet/area omega. Really neat town on a good game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
deactivated-5f56fcab5da82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
Member since 2019 • 118 Posts

Gotham City. Batman can save me time to time from villains. It's based in New Jersey, so close enough.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 1

#17 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 9444 Posts

Not into super hero stuff however I'll give praise its due, that is one good looking screenshot.

Gwynbleidd_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gwynbleidd_91
Member since 2018 • 137 Posts

GTA 3 (Liberty City): Maybe it's because it's one of the first open world games I played on the og Xbox but even to this day when I go back and play it the city still feels as alive and atmospheric as when I first played it so long ago. The later games are technically better in every way but I always find myself going back to it every couple of years just to drive around the city and listen to the music.

Mass Effect 1 (Citadel): I don't think the atmosphere of the citadel in the first Mass Effect game was replicated in it's sequels. They came close but not quite. The music, the characters and their side stories and lore pulled me in and made the Mass Effect world believable. Then going back to the citadel at the end of the game was so epic and it certainly was one of my highlights during the 360/PS3/Wii era.

gaeandilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gaeandilth
Member since 2010 • 295 Posts
@sweet6teen said:

Gotham City. Batman can save me time to time from villains. It's based in New Jersey, so close enough.

Seen that exact View in a VR batman experience. Was pretty realistic I even got that weird vertigo feeling. Wish that game was actually a game it was pretty cool.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#20 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5286 Posts

Orgrimmar. I serve the Horde.