What is your favorite Silent Hill game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jbeannie05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jbeannie05
Member since 2011 • 33 Posts
what is your favorite Silent Hill game? I don't have a favorite silent hill game, I don't know if I like silent hill 4 or not, but everyone I talk to about silent hill games, they seem to say silent hill 2 or 3, so, I wanted to know which silent hill games people like on the gamespot forum, so, please let me know.
Avatar image for Soulreavercross
Soulreavercross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Soulreavercross
Member since 2003 • 19890 Posts
Silent Hill 2
JogsterXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JogsterXL
Member since 2010 • 298 Posts
Silent Hill 3, but I haven't played SH2 yet, so that may be my favorite when the time comes.
Frieza99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Frieza99
Member since 2012 • 228 Posts
Silent Hill 2
ALG_82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 ALG_82
Member since 2009 • 26 Posts

Tied between the first and second one

chaz1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 chaz1911
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts
shattered memories on the psp is the best silent hill game i have them all but this is the most enjoyable one and its got the best story
iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#8 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

I would have to say SH2 - while it is more creepy than scary i has does have a good horror movie ambience and a great story line and I love the multiple endings.

Also SH3 is a close contender with the female protagonist and more than one ending with very interesting gameplay

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I really appreciated "The Room" a lot, when i heard the premise I was very sceptical, and the beginning with being locked in that room was amazingly claustrophobic. I honestly got a little panicky when I had looked around the place, and out those dirty windows...

.. It reminded me of places I crashed during college, but the kitchen was cleaner!

:lol:

The first one was the best, to me. Purely on nostalgia of that first time playing... I wish I could get that feeling back!

--T-Virus--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 --T-Virus--
Member since 2005 • 1556 Posts

I really appreciated "The Room" a lot, when i heard the premise I was very sceptical, and the beginning with being locked in that room was amazingly claustrophobic. I honestly got a little panicky when I had looked around the place, and out those dirty windows...

.. It reminded me of places I crashed during college, but the kitchen was cleaner!

:lol:

The first one was the best, to me. Purely on nostalgia of that first time playing... I wish I could get that feeling back!

MonkeySpot
:lol: :lol: Yeah, not gonna lie. I liked SH4 as well. maybe not as much as 1 or 2 but liked it very much.
forgottenvocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 forgottenvocal
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

I've played all the games except 1 and Origins. My favorite is Silent Hill 2, by and large. The atmosphere and story was just perfect. You had to go through the game and find out why James was there. And Pyramid Head was an unforgettable enemy.

I like Downpour right after that. Murphy Pendleton was a sympathetic hero, there were original ideas, and the free roaming portions were awesome. Silent Hill 3 was a better put together game, but I just felt nothing for Heather or the story.

FizzyVimto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FizzyVimto
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
I'm a massive SH fan and have played them all numerous times. They are all brilliant for their own reasons but I'd have to say that SH2 would have to be the one that I have finished the most and had the best (and most disturbing) memories for me. I was actually surprised at how great Downpour was after the bad reviews it got and it is becoming a close second now. After being so unsure about Book of Memories after the genre change (I know it's a spinoff) I was pleasantly surprised at how well the demo played and I'm really looking forward to that now too. SH is definitely my favourite games series of all time.
Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#13 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

Silent Hill 3. It's story wasn't as good as 2's but in terms of visuals, environments, sound, atmosphere, tension, pacing, scares, etc, it wins by a landslide. It's basically the Silent Hill formula perfected. I also consider it to be the scariest game I've ever played.