What is with people and video games?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Lawnboi
Member since 2005 • 2650 Posts

I met a person online about 4 years ago playing MGO. We both played games together online together since a few days ago. He was one of my best friend, he lived in the city next to me and we even went to watch a NASCAR race together. We were very good friends. A few weeks ago he was not online for like 7 days, I thought his 360 might have broke of something. Turns out he did not have the "craving" for games. This is the same guy who played WoW and his 360 nearly all day for the whole summer. So he was not online, my geuss is because some of his friends said gaming is for geeks and people with no life. He continued to not come online, I was getting pretty bored. Whenever he was online he was also talking to his girlfriend on MSN. So yeah, I told him to get on WoW a few days ago, and he said

quotes from our convo that I copy and pasted ;P

"please stop asking me this"

then I said "are you serious"

he replied "of cours im **** serios, get a life"

me "your a **** dick"

then he just continued to say I have no life for playing video games and WoW...

This really bugs me, I have a life, I just like to play video games.. there something wrong with that? Just because people go and talk on facebook all day, does not make them better people then gamers. This stuff always happens to me, my friends always say it. I only play a few hours a day, I have a job and resposiblility. I guess there is something wrong with wanting to play WoW when I am not working. Anyways, I am not going to spend time with him anymore, its not worth it.

Dont tell me to blog this, suck my cubes.

ff7cloudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 ff7cloudking
Member since 2005 • 3161 Posts
Um...Get better friends?
Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lawnboi

Um...Get better friends?ff7cloudking

everyone I know is like this.

Mike1978Smith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Mike1978Smith
Member since 2005 • 2012 Posts

[QUOTE="ff7cloudking"]Um...Get better friends?Lawnboi

everyone I know is like this.

Then learn how to do things other than play video games with your friends.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Play by yourself, or meet new people.
cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts
Yeah, some people have this belief that going to a bar and drinking and complaining, or talking about other people is "growing up". I relate to you on this. Just do what makes you happy.
agentdandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 agentdandb
Member since 2006 • 5891 Posts
What a ****head! Just meet some new people or play with other people online. I'll play a game online with you, if you want!
Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lawnboi

What a ****head! Just meet some new people or play with other people online. I'll play a game online with you, if you want!agentdandb

yeah, what games u got?

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xmitchconnorx
Just noticed your sig, you play MGS Online?
Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lawnboi

Just noticed your sig, you play MGS Online?xmitchconnorx

I wish, I played the orginal MGS 3 online. I am saving my dough to get a PS3 maybe.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xmitchconnorx

[QUOTE="xmitchconnorx"]Just noticed your sig, you play MGS Online?Lawnboi

I wish, I played the orginal MGS 3 online. I am saving my dough to get a PS3 maybe.

Word. Well when you get one let me know, I'm definatly down to play.

agentdandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 agentdandb

[QUOTE="agentdandb"]What a ****head! Just meet some new people or play with other people online. I'll play a game online with you, if you want!Lawnboi

yeah, what games u got?

Do you have a Wii?
agentdandb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 agentdandb

[QUOTE="agentdandb"]What a ****head! Just meet some new people or play with other people online. I'll play a game online with you, if you want!Lawnboi

yeah, what games u got?

Do you have a Nintendo Wii???
Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lawnboi
[QUOTE="Lawnboi"]

[QUOTE="agentdandb"]What a ****head! Just meet some new people or play with other people online. I'll play a game online with you, if you want!agentdandb

yeah, what games u got?

Do you have a Nintendo Wii???

no I have a 360.

Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lawnboi

From what I've experienced WoW is a killer in terms of your social life. Most people assume every WoW player is a geek and has no life.

As for video games in general it just pisses me off when girls talk them down and guys who play them like were all losers with no life. I mean come on. When girls are at home they just watch mtv and all that bullcrap. And there stupid reality shows that are so incredibly badly acted it's not even funny.

I just think these people are ignorant.

Vuurk

I know, if those people got their hands on a game, they would like it. They just put us down because they dont like it.

blacksiteninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 blacksiteninja
Member since 2008 • 306 Posts

Play by yourself, or meet new people.xmitchconnorx

thats pretty much all you can do

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#18 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts
People move on, and one thing I've found in life is that friends come and go. Most people eventually grow apart, unless there is a seriously strong commonality between them. Keep your options open and your eyes peeled. Forget that guy....others will come along.
Danomeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Danomeon
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts
I hate people who say that others have no life for playing a form of entertainment. I have a life. I'm hitting all A's in my school and am already planning the rest of my life. I'm not just staring at the screen, oblivious to everything else, I just play them when I want to be entertained. Why do some people have a problem with it?
Danomeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Danomeon
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

From what I've experienced WoW is a killer in terms of your social life. Most people assume every WoW player is a geek and has no life.

As for video games in general it just pisses me off when girls talk them down and guys who play them like were all losers with no life. I mean come on. When girls are at home they just watch mtv and all that bullcrap. And there stupid reality shows that are so incredibly badly acted it's not even funny.

I just think these people are ignorant.

Vuurk

Exactly. It's entertainment, just like watching a movie or some T.V. it's not like a drug. once you're on it it doesn't take over your life like so many people like to beleive (I hate those who just look at people by what stereotype they are closest to rather than actually thinking about them as an individual)

indy_123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 indy_123
Member since 2006 • 51 Posts
That pisses me off what a dick. I hate when peolpe comment you because you like videogames, its like who cares I like it doesnt make me a have no f**king life, that pisses me off, and add to that hes a hippocrate. Hes say you have no life well, whos the one playing all summer hun. I have a life and I love videogames, I have an eductation, going to school, and play like never, and whats you XBOX 360 account name bacause my friends could paly halo with you or Call of Duty 4. Im getting on soon so yeah im excited, I have an old PS2. All you have to is walk to him give him the finger and walk way sister.
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#22 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
Two brothers once joined a competition. The older brother was trained and forced by his parents to join; he received the golden medal. The younger one came of his free will and had the time of his life, even though he ended up with the consolidation prize.
Who really won there? Well i know the answer, but the audience sure didn't.
Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Meta-Gnostic
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts
He is letting society control him and people who badmouth games are also letting society control them. It's sad. It's also sad how ignorant, pretentious, and stupid people are.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

it kind of sounds like ur friend changes around different people. this use to be my ex friend. he use to come to my house break things. then sometimes i would see him at school he would be quite he would be cool. i stoped letting him in my house he stoped coming over. i have better friend now.

i'll message u. i'm looking for more friends.