What is the point on console superiority?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#1 XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

Why do people argue over which system is better? I really dont understand.

Every gaming outlet has a feature or 2 that it does better than any other, and every outlet also has several flaws. Whats the point in arguing over exclusives and 1080P or less?

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

This is System Wars. It's highly encouraged. Oh wait. This isn't System Wars. You're right. Not here.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#3  Edited By SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

There is no point.

XOne_ShotX91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By XOne_ShotX91
Member since 2014 • 152 Posts

@jun_aka_pekto: That's precisely why I didnt post this topic in system wars. I want a legitimate discussion on the pro's and con's of each console and why people argue over them. What I do NOT want is "Oh Xflop1 suxxorssss" and "PS4ail!" or any other generic twist on a consoles name people can think of.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

@xone_shotx91 said:

@jun_aka_pekto: That's precisely why I didnt post this topic in system wars. I want a legitimate discussion on the pro's and con's of each console and why people argue over them. What I do NOT want is "Oh Xflop1 suxxorssss" and "PS4ail!" or any other generic twist on a consoles name people can think of.

Based on raw hardware power, the PS4 definitely has the advantage especially with the video subsystem. Unfortunately, many games are very GPU-dependent which favors the PS4.

I would think the two consoles would be closer in CPU-dependent games such as flight sims or strategy games on the PC. But, you hardly see any of those in consoles.

loafofgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

Peope argue, because they are committed. They have invested in the console, they believe in it, they are a fan. They want to see their investment and commitment acknowledged. And they don't like to see their investment and commitment questioned or ridiculed. Also, some of them are probably still a bit immature in certain departments. Or they're trolls.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44620 Posts

@loafofgame said:

Peope argue, because they are committed. They have invested in the console, they believe in it, they are a fan. They want to see their investment and commitment acknowledged. And they don't like to see their investment and commitment questioned or ridiculed. Also, some of them are probably still a bit immature in certain departments. Or they're trolls.

Pretty much all the reasons are right here.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

There are good points to console:

Stander hardware: there are time where you meet all the recommendation for the game and it still run poorly. You know that the game will run on a console.

It is cheaper. You can spend about $300 to play the newest games or pay $1000 every fire to seven years to play the newest games.

Physical copy the game. It is nice to not needing to worry about the middle man with the games you just got.

LikeAWass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LikeAWass
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

I think the competition can be good. It probably helps to keep the companies striving to out do the others so we as consumers see more benefit.

As for why we argue I guess it's all about avoiding buyers' remorse. When someone who spent considerable amounts of money on a platform boasts that they can play "game X" which I would like to but can't, I automatically get slightly defensive and think at least I have "game Y". And of course it being the internet and tone of speech is often miscalculated we're suddenly in an argument and my mother's faithfulness to my father is called into question. :D

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

This doesn't look like it belongs here.