What is the most interesting for you to know about the game?

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

Usually anything gameplay related in a positive way perks my ears, the less shallow it comes across, the better. Mechanical depth and great level design are usually the two terms that make me sweat with joy.

When they dive in about characters/ story/ lore/ graphics, or anything else. . I tune-out.

It's overall not why I play games, don't mind them as added benefits on-top a solid game. I mean who dislikes a game that looks great? However if the content is not fun to play, or good at bringing me back to enjoy? Because they prioritised something less relevant to gaming; well then they've failed as a game.

When someone tells me "a great game isn't about the gameplay, it's the experience" I honestly want to gag them. Story enthusiasts I think heavily crippled gaming during the 360/ PS3 period, and companies are only now starting to get away from that niche demographic.

Realise everyone has preferences, and to a rational degree can respect that, so long as they cease pushing it onto games I would prefer to play without that baggage. The whole argument of "every game would benefit with a focus on storytelling" is a load of %Â¥*$

Tetris will continue to be relevant and sell way past any game based around da' plot.

Melamori_kk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 Melamori_kk
Member since 2020 • 2 Posts

@RSM-HQ: thank you for such details! Really important to know players opinion :)

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I prefer not to know too much before playing. I'll already be interested if it's from an established franchise that I enjoy. Otherwise, I just want to know the basic concept of the game along with a few glimpses of screenshots and gameplay. A very broad overview of the story is good too if it seems like a game that will have more focus on story/characters.

So yeah, I just don't delve into game news as much as I used to. I'll look over new game announcements that might interest me, but other than that I prefer to experience as much as I can firsthand for the first time instead of through lengthy gameplay videos or more detailed plot overviews.