SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45498 Posts

Assuming it will be a Switch 2 and not something completely new, I want: bigger screen, better performance (let’s see Call of Duty work without issue), definitely better online so I can play Smash the right way. 5+ hours battery life. Pretty much a Switch on steroids. Oh, and definitely backwards compatibility and to let us be able to buy classic games, not renting it via Switch online.

Is that too much to ask for, GD? How about you? What’s on your Switch 2 wish list?

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#2  Edited By dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16048 Posts

I want it to support 4k and I want the screen to be foldable so that it's easier to store in a bag/backpack (when it's in handheld mode).

WadeKuun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WadeKuun
Member since 2012 • 161 Posts

to support Steam and for Nintendo to ship games on their platform

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

1. Slightly more powerful (does not even have to be close to x-box or Ps5 as dev costs are becoming impossible on new tech for mid/small devs)

2. Longer Battery Life

3. Bigger Storage

4. (2nd Most important) Backwards compatible

5. (most important by far) Xenoblade Chronicles X remaster and Xenoblade Chronicles X2!!!

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

I want the opposite of Switch lite. No screen, just a console that hooks to TV, and is $100 cheaper like Switch lite was.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

The biggest thing for me is that it has to be backwards compatible!

Also, a nice 1080p screen and I'd be happy if it targets 1080p 60fps minimum.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17882 Posts

@mojito1988: Yes to number 5: completely agree. It's a crying shame that XCX is still stuck on the wiiu. XCX Remake with MP4 as launch titles (along with a new Mario platformer)....a good start. XCX2 by the end of year 1....very good start.

Anywho on the system itself:

• Full BC with the switch.
  • Flappy paddle buttons as standard on the controller.
  • Around as powerful as a PS4. Perfectly doable as has been demonstrated by the deck. Price could be tough though. I wouldn't be expecting much more than that (assuming a 2023/24 release date).
  • Maybe a way to cast your games to the TV wirelessly as well as having the dock.
  • A nicer UI. Not full Wii/Wiiu playful....but a bit more than the switch. The Vita had a great UI....probably my fav UI in a handheld to be honest.
Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#8 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

512GB SSD, do they even ship full games on cartridge?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7299 Posts

1080 60 on the screen upscaling when connected to TV. Definitely a better UI.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11692 Posts

Hmm, my main issue with Switch originally was lack of backwards compatibility and its pathetic battery life (which later models improved). Those demanding drastically more powerful specs are typically plebs who play games to look at shiny things over playing games proper.

If someone wants to just watch games? stick to Twitch streams I dunno. I'm all for 60 FPS. Being on par with a PS5 or XBSX however is stupid. I'd be surprised if it is as powerful as a PS4 from a rendering/ graphical standpoint.

Rant aside. If a new hybrid Switch device comes around-

• Allow the feature for compatibility with DS & 3DS game cartridges, along with Switch game cartridges and downloads.
  • Target should be five hours battery life at a minimum for portability.
  • Make it light and not too difficult to hold in handheld mode. The cosier the better (much prefer 3DS/ DS to Switch)
  • Also get rid of drift from all controllers (I've personally had this issue with Joycons), make quality products and don't cut corners in areas that count.

Demands for 4/8K & ray-tracing isn't necessary. All fluff buzz-wording PR dribble some have taken as law. A minor 'tech head' crowd. Not a requirement to pander just because they're loud and vocal online.

A quality gaming product is what majority want. Good controls, stability/ quality, and preserving games should be top priority.

*Launch with Metroid Prime 4 &/or a Donkey Kong game would be sweet.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34785 Posts

Longer battery life
Better controllers
More usage of beloved IPs
Less ports
Acceptable online
Free online
BC with Switch 1
Different UI themes, like DS/3DS had
Ability to make folders, like DS/3DS had

Actually would rather have a traditional console though.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

1full BC with switch games 2 powerful like ps5 and xsx 3 price around 500 euro

YukoAsho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#13 YukoAsho
Member since 2004 • 3737 Posts

@Random_Matt: Nintendo and other Japanese devs are pretty good about the whole game being on the card, though collections can be iffy. I don't know why anyone would play western titles ported over, honestly.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SolidGame_basic

@Litchie said:

Longer battery life

Better controllers

More usage of beloved IPs

Less ports

Acceptable online

Free online

BC with Switch 1

Different UI themes, like DS/3DS had

Ability to make folders, like DS/3DS had

Actually would rather have a traditional console though.

You don’t like the hybrid form factor?!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23729 Posts

I'd prefer a traditional console as well. I don't game on the go, so the sacrifices made for the form factor don't benefit my experience.

That being said, think Nintendo would be out of their damn minds to abandon the hybrid. They may be unpredictable at times, but making a Switch 2 is the most dead ass obvious way forward lol.

-

As for the topic, would mostly be echoing others. Give us BC. Give us a more powerful machine. Don't give af about 4k, RT, etc. just something that can run Nintendos own games at 1080p/60fps. Not a big ask imo.

And just more games from Nintendo. Great that they regained third party support, have all these indies on board, but I play all that stuff on PC anyways. I buy Nintendo hardware to play Nintendo stuff. Like many others, I really believed that consolidating their hardware would lead to non-stop games. Didn't really pan out that way.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:

I'd prefer a traditional console as well. I don't game on the go, so the sacrifices made for the form factor don't benefit my experience.

That being said, think Nintendo would be out of their damn minds to abandon the hybrid. They may be unpredictable at times, but making a Switch 2 is the most dead ass obvious way forward lol.

-

As for the topic, would mostly be echoing others. Give us BC. Give us a more powerful machine. Don't give af about 4k, RT, etc. just something that can run Nintendos own games at 1080p/60fps. Not a big ask imo.

And just more games from Nintendo. Great that they regained third party support, have all these indies on board, but I play all that stuff on PC anyways. I buy Nintendo hardware to play Nintendo stuff. Like many others, I really believed that consolidating their hardware would lead to non-stop games. Didn't really pan out that way.

Yea, I think hybrid is here to say, especially because of Japan and their affinity for mobile. But also makes you wonder what Nintendo’s next idea is. Wii had the motion controls, Wii U tried the dual screen, and Switch was the hybrid. What can they think of next?!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

What can they think of next?!

Triple screen Switch, rolls out like a tri-fold wallet. The Nintendo Trii. Even has has credit card inserts.

You heard it here first bro.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

What can they think of next?!

Triple screen Switch, rolls out like a tri-fold wallet. The Nintendo Trii. Even has has credit card inserts.

You heard it here first bro.

🤣 better take a bookmark, the search feature doesn’t work anymore

btw, did you get Metroid Prime Remastered? You got me hyped for it, but I‘m waiting for the physical edition.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic:

No I didn't, but you absolutely should lol.

But nah. Already owned it on the Gamecube, then again with the Trilogy, then replayed it again via Primehack on PC about a year back. I might eventually grab this version too next time I'm in the mood.

Definitely check it out man. I know you weren't big into Dread, but Prime 1 (and 2) are something else. Not only do I think they're better games, but they really nail the atmosphere and music, things that Dread was lacking abit for a Metroid title.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14829 Posts

Decent hardware and bc.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:

@SolidGame_basic:

No I didn't, but you absolutely should lol.

But nah. Already owned it on the Gamecube, then again with the Trilogy, then replayed it again via Primehack on PC about a year back. I might eventually grab this version too next time I'm in the mood.

Definitely check it out man. I know you weren't big into Dread, but Prime 1 (and 2) are something else. Not only do I think they're better games, but they really nail the atmosphere and music, things that Dread was lacking abit for a Metroid title.

true dat; you have to save yourself for Tears of the Kingdom lol