What it means is that the game runs at 60 FPS, for example, but the characters are only 50 frames worth of animation, and there could be a few spare ones to increase its flow when the game drops in rate, that is to chop what would have run smoother otherwise for the appearance of constant FPS. Let me give you an example:
- The game runs at unlocked 60 FPS in different monitors.
- It drops to 90% percent at 54 FPS with 45 frames of animation.
- The game adds 5 more frames of animation to have the same flow.
- It animates with 55 or 56 frames at the regular rate to who doesn't lag.
- The look is 1.08 times faster than normal and it gets corrected by sync tech.
Is it possible? The game would remain the same for someone having trouble keeping up.