What if Nintendo never existed? How do you think things would turn out and would you be any different?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#1 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I could have posted this topic in Nintendo Fan Club but seeing as that gets barely any traffic, thought I'd just pop it here. System Wars would have been a place to consider posting this also but I may get some negative opinions there. Seeing as this board for the most part is nice & casual, here it is.

Nintendo has served such significance in my life at least. For a lot of us, Nintendo is what introduced us to gaming. To name a few of their consoles I had growing up consisted of primarily the SNES & Gamecube along with the GBC, GBA & Nintendo DS.

It's just crazy to think about what things would be like if the Nintendo universe never came to be. No Mario or Zelda or any of their other franchises for that matter. (No Kirby...sob.)

Even though it's hard to give an answer, how do you think things would turn out and would you be any different?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56079 Posts

Due to Atari for the one starting the video game crash, we probably wouldn't be playing video games as we all know today if Nintendo didn't exist at all and Nintendo making NES save the gaming industries. If it wasn't for NES, we probably wouldn't be on Gamespot by now lol.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11666 Posts

No one really knows honestly.

As such, frankly never been the kind of person who contemplates "what if" this did/ didn't happen. More the type of person who follows the sense of "what happens, happens".

Only really make hypotheticals for the future of gaming, as the past is already told.

Nintendo high in large are one of my favorite aspects for the hobby though, I get a lot of enjoyment out the systems and gaming selection. Animal Crossing: New Horizons remains one of my favorite 2020 games too despite its shortcomings, and is a great entry in the series

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

It will go on without Nintendo.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#5 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7259 Posts

I don't think Nintendo necessarily saved the games industry. More Atari's crash created a vacuum, and Nintendo was in a position to fill that vacuum. If they hadn't, I think someone else would have, though maybe a few years later. Master System and Turbographics might have taken off, maybe Capcom would have made their own machine.

I will say this, whoever rose up in their place most likely would have exited the hardware space and been supplanted by an electronics giant like Sony or MS.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

Gaming would still exist and be thriving. During the crash - Commodore, Apple, and IBM were thriving gaming brands. It was gaming progression from kid centric consoles. Nintendo provided a reset to kid centric gaming, but it didn’t revolutionize gaming as a whole. Someone else would’ve taken the reigns given how technology progresses.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

With Out Nintendo there would be no Nintendo Switch or Switch Lite. Ps Vita probably would have stand a better chance. We would not have had a Wii. Or game boy or anything Nintendo related. It would be a sad world if there was no Nintendo.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

@Atomic1977: damn thats great.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#10 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@Atomic1977 said:

Ps Vita probably would have stand a better chance.

This is true.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Sega would take their spot.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#12 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

Sega would probably still be in the console business.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

There would be no Mario and Luigi.