What happened to G4?!?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhostMechine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 GhostMechine
Member since 2009 • 34 Posts

Really what happened to this awsome channel...For thoes who have been long time gamers I'm sure you have hered of tech tv (thats what it was called before G4) I remember awsome shows like arena, icons, electric playground, filter, x-play more then once a day. It was a channel that a gamer could turn on and it would be related to the gamer. Now what do we get 30 mins of x-play and ATOS. Don't get me wrong I love aots, but it's not about games. X-play the 30min bleep is all that we get! Then they cram all that crap like cops, lost, ninja warrior, cheaters, wacked out videos...what is this junk? It doesnt have anything to do with games. I hate reality tv and G4 is starting to push that button. For gaming being a multi-billionair business there should be a channel just for gaming! Does anyone eles feel my pain...

whisperingmute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 whisperingmute
Member since 2006 • 1116 Posts
I miss the old G4... when had Cinematech... Portal... Cheat!... Judgement Day... what happened to you :cry:
GhostMechine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GhostMechine
Thank you!!! I posted on G4 forum and instead of people argeein with me, I have people telling me that I need to get my facts right...that g4 bought this and x-play moved here...thats neither here nor there...I'm talking about the programs that it ran. And thank you for reminding me of thoes other shows It's been so long sense anyone has seen them I left out a few. I guess I'm just up against a bunch of people that are use to reality and BS tv..well thanks again for your post, at least I know there is someone who cares about decent gaming tv.
LikeHaterade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LikeHaterade
Member since 2007 • 10645 Posts
Personally, I think G4 sucked compared to when it was TechTV.
GhostMechine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GhostMechine
LOL-were you a fan of Leo to? The guy knew hi stuff.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts
Indeed, it went from a gaming/tech channel to a FOX 2. Very disappointing...
GhostMechine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GhostMechine
I just thought of this...maybe it wont be long before Spike tv take over in the gaming show. They have already held a couple of gaming award shows and ect. Or maybe all of us should get a penny jar going and then we make our own show...Will call it the Gaming channel..by gamers for gamers! Whos with me
HAVOC255

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 HAVOC255
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts
i agree i dont mind having 30 mins of cops and 30 mins of some other show but NINJA WARRIOR and cheaters, wacked out videos is all they play all the time its so annoying watching asian people do the same thing over and over again. I guess all people care about theses days is ratings because reality and dumb asian shows attract more viewers than pure video game shows. more than half the people that watch g4 arent even gamers.
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#9 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
Although I don't mind AOTS, I do agree all the other shows have to go. It doesn't matter to me anyways because I don't have G4 in my area anymore and it's been like 2 years sense I last watched it.
GhostMechine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GhostMechine
trust me you havent missed anything in thoes 2 years lol...And to the person that was talking about ratings... 2 words for that SELL OUTS! Thats what bugs me about our society everyone is a sell out any way to make a buck. The thing that sucks the most is, how are we suppose to change anything? I know how and I have the answer. This goes for eveything tv, gas prices ect. Enough people have to finally get pissed and boycot things. People seem to forget by us going with it, we are supporting it. I know talk is cheep and to pratice what you preech, and after tonight I've had enough so I'm done watching G4. Sure it wont do anything but if enough do the same and complane on the boards maybe it will.