What games on the Switch have you enjoyed playing so far and would personally recommend to anybody?

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#1 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

I’ve been trying to work out what games I’ll purchase next. Luigi’s Mansion 3 is probably something I’m gonna pick up as well as Dragon Quest XI. New Super Lucky’s Tale I’ve kept an eye on too.

I’m right into platformers and JRPG’s mainly. I own a few Switch games but can’t be bothered listing them all.

Maybe BotW is something I’ll consider playing next or revisiting Ni No Kuni. I finally bought Disgaea 1 for the Switch. I love what I have played of that game but it requires too much grinding imo? Maybe that’s only for the less experienced players.

As for the few games I’ve beaten so far:

Mario Odyssey

Kirby Star Allies

Overcooked 1 & 2

MK8 Deluxe and New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

get pokemon sword and shield.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Speeny

@TJDMHEM: I’ve been looking to to get back into the series. Might be worth checking out.

EDIT: Especially now that they’re kind of “restarting” the franchise on the Switch seeing as you can only transfer Pokemon that are listed on the new Pokédex.

Not that I want to catch them all but, it seems like a good opportunity to jump back into the games regardless. I used to own pretty much all of the mainline games at one stage. But I thought to myself: “I’m not gonna play all of these.” Lol.

Last most recent game I played was X & Y anyway.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@speeny: There are heaps! The 2 main ones I'd recommend most are Astral Chain & Luigi's Mansion 3 (they are no. 1 & 2 for my GOTY). They are both fantastic.

I'm also playing through Fire Emblem: Three Houses at the moment, and really enjoying it. I don't usually play games like it, but I'm surprised how much I'm getting into it.

Plus a bunch of my favourite indies:

• Inside (a masterpiece that everyone should play)
  • What Remains of Edith Finch
  • Katana Zero
  • Ape Out
  • Ori & the Blind Forest
  • Golf Story (this is really underrated in my opinion)
  • Gorogoa
  • Gone Home
  • The Missing: JJ Macfield and the Island of Memories
RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#5 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

Splatoon 2, Disgaea Refine, and Katamari Damashii are the ones I would recommend. While I didn't exactly dislike Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey, they only made me yearn for something more akin to what I expect from both series.

@TJDMHEM said:

get pokemon sword and shield.

Can I ask why?

Personally wouldn't recommend even to people I dislike, very disappointing for any level of fan. If one owns a 3DS just find a copy of a good Pokémon game.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Speeny

@RSM-HQ: I’ll take your advice on Sword & Shield. Maybe not the best entry to jump on into starting out again. For the price it’s at now in Australia...probably not worth it anyway.

Vaidream45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vaidream45
Member since 2016 • 2116 Posts

Anything Mario, Zelda, Messenger, Dead Cells, A night in the woods, Astral Chain. And many many more.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11664 Posts

@speeny: Was also just keen to know the perspective of @TJDMHEM, seemed to view them as an essential Switch game. Which puzzles me. .

Been very vocal about it in a negative way. And looking back I'm finding only more thinks to be conflicted about. Dived back into my copy of Sun and Soul Silver for a few hours and debating "why is that feature missing in Sword"?

Many aspects of the latest entry are just lacking for an Pokémon game and especially an RPG. Local multiplayer is still a connection error mess as well, which is very shocking.

Though I will give credit its due, some of the new monsters are really cool.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#9 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15906 Posts

Just incase anyone recommends Xenoblade Chronicles 2, its shit. Stay away from this absolutely shit jrpg.

Anyway astral chains is pretty fun. Not my fav platinum game but on switch there is nothing like it.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7247 Posts

ARMS is my favorite game on Switch. The only issue is it doesn't really have enough content for $60. When it gets down to $30 or so, everyone should buy it.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Speeny

@judaspete: Yeah, I’d be interested in trying it out. Seems as though it might have not been all that popular in the west though?