What games / game related stuff did you score this holiday?

#1 Edited by xantufrog (10323 posts) -

I got Civ 6 for my Switch. I can't put it down. I don't get some of the negative community feedback on this - the game feels more balanced and better paced than Civ 5 by far. I actually think it's the best Civilization game I've played in a long time. The districts mechanic and holy wars are deep and add a lot to the game. The bad: road building is gone(ish), including railroads, and you can't demand an ally join you in a war even if you are the one attacked - WTF?

Overall, can't put it down.

How about you? Any new game loot this holiday?

#2 Posted by npiet1 (1412 posts) -

Horizon Zero Dawn, which was amazing.

Blacks ops 4, just because to play between games, to play when misses is on the PC and it's fun to listen to frustrated people when I've dominated the game with a handgun.

Eve PSVR game, which I'm glad it was cheap. Mp is dead and there's no real sp

Tomb raider worst of the series I'm not sure why though. The upgraded mechanics were great.

Just cause and AC Odyssey which I haven't played yet.

And I've pre-ordered kingdom hearts 3

Pretty good haul. Though I play on PC mostly for a reason.

The kids all got DS for Christmas, the oldest got a new 2ds. And the 2 younger got second hand D's lites because they don't look after things yet (5 and 3). They got a like 20 games between them. If was all $50aud except for the new 2ds.

The oldest also got an mini arcade machine, it's the size of an iPad with a bunch of games.

#3 Edited by uninspiredcup (29932 posts) -
  • Playatation Classic
  • Diablo III Switch

#4 Posted by RSM-HQ (7630 posts) -

Switch port of Katamari Damashii and Dusk on P.C. are the most unexpected games for me this holiday.

#5 Posted by Macutchi (6472 posts) -
@xantufrog said:

I got Civ 6 for my Switch. I can't put it down. I don't get some of the negative community feedback on this - the game feels more balanced and better paced than Civ 5 by far. I actually think it's the best Civilization game I've played in a long time. The districts mechanic and holy wars are deep and add a lot to the game. The bad: road building is gone(ish), including railroads, and you can't demand an ally join you in a war even if you are the one attacked - WTF?

Overall, can't put it down.

How about you? Any new game loot this holiday?

i picked up civ 6 for the pc despite the luke warm steam reviews. haven't played it yet, decided to reacquaint myself with civ 5 first which is, bar one or two shortcomings, like gaming crack. glad to hear you're enjoying it.

in addition i picked up a copy of hellblade for the ps4 which came out at the start of the month, frostpunk, shadow warrior 2 and soma for the pc. only played shadow warrior so far (i blame civ 5) but it's lots of fun

#6 Posted by xantufrog (10323 posts) -

@Macutchi: yeah Civ games are awful (like crack). I really want to play Frostpunk - but I'm drowning in games now!

#7 Posted by johnd13 (9542 posts) -

I got Gone Home (finished it in 2 hours), Transistor (played the first mission and enjoyed it), The Talos Principle, Tacoma and The Orange Box.

#8 Posted by robert_sparkes (1996 posts) -

I finally picked up the witcher 3 and resident evil 7 can't wait to get stuck into those. Dragon Age Inquisition is taking up a lot of my time at the moment though.

#9 Posted by Sonic91 (37 posts) -

I got Megaman collection. I am more into X series. But Megaman 1 is pretty hard game for its time so i gotta give cred for the first game they made

#10 Posted by sukraj (27846 posts) -

spiderman

red dead 2

shadow of the tomb raider

spyro the trilogy

Avatar image for yammireckorrdsan
#11 Posted by YammiReckorrdSan (522 posts) -

* Marvel Spiderman PS4

*Sonic Mania Plus

#12 Posted by Speeny (893 posts) -

Pre-ordered New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe. I know people call me crazy for buying and pre-ordering an overpriced port but I never got far with it on the Wii U.

I played the original Wii game a couple of years back and loved it so I’m hoping this one’ll be good. Won’t be playing as Toadette or Penny Pincher though.

#13 Posted by Archangel3371 (26693 posts) -

I got Forza Horizon 4 as a Christmas gift and having a great time with it.

#14 Posted by adrianrowland (7 posts) -

First year that I've had nothing game related

#15 Posted by goodzorr (430 posts) -

I don't often get much gaming for Christmas, I tend to purchase games when they come out (and none come out on Christmas Day ;) )

However, my girlfriend's parents got me this:

I also treated myself to a new Razer headset and debating upgrading to the Elite Xbox Controller as I had some cash off my old man. Otherwise, my 6 week old daughter got all the attention haha.

#16 Posted by VFighter (4168 posts) -

Call of Duty Infinite Warfare/Modern Warfare

LED Playstaion sign, its the classic button letters/ shapes

Game related tshirt.

PSN gift card

#18 Posted by robert_sparkes (1996 posts) -

I recently picked up COD advanced warfare. I see it for dirt cheap so Picked it up. I usually pick them up cheap and run through the story.

#19 Posted by Bilic42 (10 posts) -

Sonic Mania and nes classic

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#21 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (1030 posts) -

Gear.Club Unlimited 2 for Nintendo Switch

#22 Posted by Helghast_Merc (799 posts) -

Well, I got my brother Call of Duty Black Ops. 4. I got a couple of gift cards, but I used them for the new Smash Bros. game, along with a Gamecube controller for the switch, by PowerA. I haven't play the game much. I have been playing a whole bunch of old school games for my classic PC I built, last year.

#23 Posted by Enragedhydra (973 posts) -

I got cash which I spent in the Steam sale, I can't remember which games but in my opinion I think that counts. I think cash is the best gift a person can get!