what game like to remake?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

B-boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 0

#1 B-boy
Member since 2002 • 1965 Posts
RE 2 and 3 for wii u silent hill for ps3 (made konami of japan) GTA 1 and 2 metal gear 1 and 2 for ps3 doom 1 and doom 2 zelda ocarin of time for will u the legend of zelda for wii u
TheSacredFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 TheSacredFlame
Member since 2011 • 324 Posts

RE 2 and 3 for wii u -I agree with this.

silent hill for ps3 (made konami of japan) -We already have one so i'm going to have to say no.

GTA 1 and 2 -Maybe

metal gear 1 and 2 for ps3 -No, Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake defientaly need remakes

doom 1 and doom 2 -Sure why not?

zelda ocarin of time for will u -Remade for the 3DS so I don't see much of point besides having it on a console.

the legend of zelda for wii u -Maybe?

B-boy

Games I would love to see remade are:

Castlevania1,2,3 and 4 remade for the 3DS.

The Fire Emblems that were never released in America (which are 2,3,4,5 and 6). But I think they already remade 3 buthaven't released it to the U.S.

Final Fantasy 6 and 7 (mostly 6 though).

Donkey Kong Country (all of them).

Thats all I can think of at the moment.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

The Legend of Zelda, the original from the NES/Famicom Disk-System. Leave the gameplay itself alone. Don't turn it 3D, don't turn it 2.5D and don't mess with what's already there. But update the graphics & sound, and maybe add some more gameplay modes or a secret dungeon or something to it. I would LOVE to see that.

Crystalis would be another I would like to see redone in the same exact way.

And finally, Actraiser. I don't care if it's a remake of the original, or an entirely new sequel. Either way, SquareEnix really needs to revisit this gem. And if they do, please, PLEASE include both the building-sim and the side-scrolling action-platformer levels like the original had. When Actraiser 2 lost the building-sim part of the game, it was not longer unique and just lost that charm that made the original so addictive.

Oh, and King's Field. I so freaking love that series. And we need one done in the beauty of current-gen graphics.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

I think a Crusader: No Remorse remake for the 360 and PS3 would be pretty cool. Keep the same music as in the original, but give it updated graphics. That'd be so awesome, just release it on PSN Store and XBLA. I also wouldn't mind a Road Rash HD. Have similar visuals to WipEout HD on PS3.

Branmuffin316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Branmuffin316
Member since 2009 • 1208 Posts

Jet Force Gemini and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. I still play those games so I would much rather have a new Jet Force Gemini, F-Zero, Star Fox, Wave Race, or 1080 Snowboarding.

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

The original PC version of Digital Devil Story : Megami Tensei was a fantastic game for its time. I'd love to have it remade now that the MegaTen series seem to be very mainstream.

The Phantasy Star : The End of the Millennium remake we never got would be dandy as well.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
Twisted Metal 2 - which is a lot different than the direction the new one seems to be going - perhaps Head-On was as close as we'll see to a true TM2 update - it's just too bad the PS2 port didn't at least have network play. Black Tiger would be interesting to see done with similar graphical style to the Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins game that was on PSP. At the same time BT had the character armor and weapon upgrade system. Commando - would actually be similar to the overhead scenes in Bionic Commando Rearmed - not quite like the way they did WotB: Commando 3. Road Rash would be nice to see with current-gen physics and details.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I think Resident Evil 2 and 3 should be remade. Just like they did with the original on GCN. Except push the graphics even further now.

3D remakes of Final Fantasy6 and 7 would be pretty awesome too.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts

A FFIX remake for the 3DS would be fantastic, and +1 for the unreleased fire emblems.

planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts

Clive Barker's Undying, The Thing, FFVIII, Grandia, MGS1, Alpha Centauri, xenogears

ycdeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 ycdeo
Member since 2004 • 2841 Posts
Build dynasty warriors looking games! Remake double dragon into ps2 and xbox360 platforms! With tons of weapons , fighting moves , more better looking costumes!
AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
[QUOTE="B-boy"]RE 2 and 3 for wii u silent hill for ps3 (made konami of japan) GTA 1 and 2 metal gear 1 and 2 for ps3 doom 1 and doom 2 zelda ocarin of time for will u the legend of zelda for wii u

Doom 3 was essentially a remake of Doom. Anyways I'd love to see a remake of Road Rash.
lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

I'd like to add thatI agree about the old Fire Emblems as well. But release them here! Unlike that last game...

aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 134

#14 aryoshi
Member since 2007 • 1729 Posts
Not a remake, but I'd really like to see a StarTropics 3.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
I also have my fair share of games that I want to see re-released ;). Those include: Metal Gear Solid (PS1 to Xbox 360 using the system's full capabilities) Resident Evil 2 and 3: Nemesis. Grand Theft Auto III, Vice City and San Andreas (could be re-released as a trilogy) Doom I and II - would indeed be awesome! although I'd love it if they "modernised" it. Basically, take the games' landmark levels and areas, and make it more of a modern FPS, if you get me. Kind of like Doom 3 :). This doesn't mean that it would be a completely different game. It would be just what Doom I and II would be like if they had been released 20 years later. Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee (HD) WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role. This will never happen, but I would be happy if they just used the timeline of the company's wrestlers and whatnot. For example, if THQ/Yukes released a game that was called, lets say, "WWE Attitude Era" ;) Metal Gear 1 and 2 (I never had the chance to play the originals (the ones before "Solid"), so if they made them modern and if they are too short combined the two as one game, that would be awesome! BloodRayne 1 (and 2, but I haven't played that yet). With BloodRayne having a new game come out at the end of this month on XBLA (and PSN?), now would be a great time actually. If you guys haven't played these games, I think that you should ;) awesome game! :).
Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts
Blast Corps, or a sequel would be awesome.
Swift_Boss_A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Swift_Boss_A
Member since 2007 • 14579 Posts

metal gear 1 and 2 B-boy

I would absolutely love to see that, but instead of two separate games it should be combined into one game. To see these titles remade would be a dream come true, but there is one title I want remade even more; SNATCHER! I want the world and the characters in the game fully realised with current gen tech.

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts
[QUOTE="Ashley_wwe"]I also have my fair share of games that I want to see re-released ;). Those include: Metal Gear Solid (PS1 to Xbox 360 using the system's full capabilities) Doom I and II - would indeed be awesome! although I'd love it if they "modernised" it. Basically, take the games' landmark levels and areas, and make it more of a modern FPS, if you get me. Kind of like Doom 3 :). This doesn't mean that it would be a completely different game. It would be just what Doom I and II would be like if they had been released 20 years later.

MGS Twin Snakes on GameCube was a nice update. Try it if you haven't yet. Doom and Duke 3D - on the PC, have had fan updates - namely jDoom and jDuke that bring in high-res textures and 3d models. Here's an example of jDoom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGWGjxnM-JM Here's an example of a "classic Doom" mod for Doom 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woBAUk5hMD8
kittensRjerks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kittensRjerks
Member since 2010 • 3802 Posts

a new installment of Road Rash would be great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#20 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

I'd like to see remakes of the star Wars: Rogue Squadron games for Wii U or 3DS

Mr-Espresso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mr-Espresso
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

Resident Evil 2 and 3.

KnightSkull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KnightSkull
Member since 2011 • 1481 Posts

Off the top of my head:

Resident Evil 2 and 3

Alien Storm

Body Harvest

Cannon Fodder

Double Dragon

Final Fantasy VII

James Pond 2

Phantasy Star Series

Streets of Rage

Final Fight

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

Super Metroid. Don't make it 3D or anything, just make the graphics all shiny when the Wii U comes out.

SonicNextGen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SonicNextGen2
Member since 2010 • 3592 Posts
Tales of Symphonia (Wii U) Banjo Kazooie (Xbox 360) Super Mario Bros 2 (Wii U) Suikoden 3 (PS3) The World Ends With You (PS3) Tales of Destiny 2 (PS3)
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Jet Force Gemini and Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire. I still play those games so I would much rather have a new Jet Force Gemini, F-Zero, Star Fox, Wave Race, or 1080 Snowboarding.

Branmuffin316

He-e-e-llll YES!!! Man did I love that game!!! I didn't own an N64, but I bought that game to play on a friend's console... Went to his house every day for a month after work and played... Fantastic, unsung game in the SW universe to be SURE. I second your motion, Senator!!!

:D

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#26 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

Final Fantasy VII

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

Final Fantasy VII, VIII and IX

Metal Gear 1 and 2 (MSX versions) with today's graphics and tech these game would probably be the best in franchise.

Metal Gear Solid (Just port the GC version to the PS3)

Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 and Chains of Memories. Also port BBS onto the PS3

Shenmue 1 and 2

gameofthering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gameofthering
Member since 2004 • 11286 Posts

Resident Evil 2/3/Code veronica

everlong12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#29 everlong12
Member since 2008 • 648 Posts

Faxanadu

The Legend of Zelda

Illusions of Gaia

Kid Icarus (On a console, not handheld)

RE2

Wizards and Warriors

I may think of more later lol

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

I am always very weary about remakes. Typically the games they try and remake are games that captured lightning in a bottle when they were released; the reason they were great went way beyond them simply being well made games. It is almost as if the game itself possesses a unique soul that can never be duplicated no matter how much a developer tries when remaking a game. So honestly I'd say that no game I like should receive a remake.

godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#31 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts

Killer Instinct! I would even go for a Killer Instinct HD! C'mon Microsoft and Rare!

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#32 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE a Tenth anniversary remake of Viewtiful Joe. It would be a day one buy for me. I don't care if there were no new features. (Although that wouldn't hurt.)

Also, I would love to have Majora's Mask on 3DS, or, even better, in HD on WiiU. My brain would short circuit, melt out my ears, puddle onto the ground, solidify, start dancing the Tunak Tunak Tun Dance, and sing Achilles Last Stand. If it were remade on wiiU.

Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

WWF SmackDown! 2: Know Your Role. This will never happen, but I would be happy if they just used the timeline of the company's wrestlers and whatnot. For example, if THQ/Yukes released a game that was called, lets say, "WWE Attitude Era" ;)

Wow! That would be awesome! Smackdown 2 was my all time favorite in the series! Although No Mercy would be a great remake!!!!

Avatar image for UprootedDreamer
UprootedDreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UprootedDreamer
Member since 2011 • 2036 Posts
Doom 1&2
soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts

FF6&7, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Shenmue and Xenogears

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
Doom 1 got a remake, Doom 3.
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 aryoshi
I'd like to see a polished Herectic and Hexen.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#38 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts
I'd like to see a polished Herectic and Hexen.aryoshi
not sure if you know, but there is some sort of a total conversion mod for Doom 3 (I think its not out yet) , which basically turns it into Hexen (just using the Doom 3 engine) not sure if thats 100% but might be worth checking out.
CUDGEdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CUDGEdave
Member since 2010 • 2597 Posts

"Black" on PC,With the new technology these days I think it would be pretty good.

gr1ndgr1nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gr1ndgr1nd
Member since 2010 • 258 Posts

Vagrant Story for PS3+PSMove:)

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#41 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts
breath of fire 1-4 for ps3. with better interpretation for # 1 & 2, and all with ps3 graphics.
aryoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 aryoshi
[QUOTE="aryoshi"]I'd like to see a polished Herectic and Hexen.Darkman2007
not sure if you know, but there is some sort of a total conversion mod for Doom 3 (I think its not out yet) , which basically turns it into Hexen (just using the Doom 3 engine) not sure if thats 100% but might be worth checking out.

Ahh, well when I get my laptop I'll probably get Doom 3 with it and look for this mod. Thanks!
NodakJo2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43 NodakJo2010
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

Bushido Blade

Einhander

Metal Gear Solid 1

Final Fantasy X

Super Metroid

Metroid II (although I know of a fan dub remake in the coming that will have metroid zero mission graphics)

Supercross 2000 (It had all real tracks and all liscened supercrossers with a real schedule with heats and qualifiers...the real Dirt Bike racing game)

Hunimyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hunimyx
Member since 2011 • 39 Posts
Honestly, although Ocarina of Time 3D was a success, there's the chance of a game being ruined. :( I'd love to see Earthbound remade in 3D, but.. I think I'll stick with the original on my SNES. :D
conflict_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#45 conflict_rules
Member since 2005 • 6597 Posts

Crash Team Racing whit online multiplayer.