What game helps you recover the most from a hard day or week?

GhostRecon2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 GhostRecon2020
Member since 2020 • 73 Posts

I am 35, I dont play games apart from this game, which never gets old: 'battlefield bad company 2'.

I have played it for over 2000 hours.

After a long week of working, I play it for almost a full day, it helps me get recovered pretty well.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#2 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

@ghostrecon2020: BF:BC2 is one of the best fps games ever made, easily the one I spent the most time with online. I don't play online anymore, but just you mentioning it brings back some great memories.

Nowadays, it is a game like Katamari or Super Mario Maker 2.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#3 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11654 Posts

A lot of my games are for after a hard-day.

Yet Monster Hunter probably ranks the highest of my list. Been playing them for over a decade, they're amazing with friends. And have played entries for hundreds, if not thousands of hours (it varies from game-to-game).

I could name a few games that come close but feel MH is really my main franchise of interest, that has been consistent through the years for me.

Also, a few on the forum (or GFAQ/4Gamer) would know I could chat about MH mechanics/ maps/ and hunts for pages on end ツ

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3448 Posts

TLOU multiplayer. Used to play this significantly after a tough/bad/long day at work.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9384 Posts

Factorio

There's always something bigger and better to do, and it's always satisfying.

....but I guess it's basically like doing more work after work :)

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#6 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

Pokemon Shield at the moment.

Although, in the past it's always been Mario Kart 8 Deluxe or an Animal Crossing game.

I remember listening to a podcast one time and I guy mentioned that anything to do with grinding in a game makes him wind down. I can honestly relate, and it's something that I never noticed about myself until he brought it up. Takes my mind off things at least too.

BlurpGulp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 BlurpGulp
Member since 2020 • 8 Posts

GTA

That's my "feel good" game all the time lol

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RSM-HQ

@speeny: Not long now till the new Animal Crossing.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 DEVILinIRON  Online
Member since 2006 • 8732 Posts

Puzzle Quest 2. It's easy to play and has pretty colors.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#10 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

Yep! I can't wait. It's a good thing they've added the Southern Hemisphere to the game. What I'm most interested in finding out is how they're gonna tie in Christmas with it being summer here in Australia and some other parts of the world around that time. Though I'd imagine everything would play as normal just without snow, which makes sense. Maybe different dialogue from the villagers here and there.

I spent time on New Leaf through the years but never really made a "Dream Town." One thing that limited me in NL was the map layouts. Sure, the games previously have been about working with what you're given but, just when I've thought I found the perfect map, I realise months later that "Oh, there's a stone here, that's annoying because I can't break it." That being said though, I do like the imperfections too.

I know in NH there'll be much more freedom in terms of town/island layouts. Being able to choose the spots where someone moves in is a huge benefit.

I've been staying away from too much info even though people want more. I personally would just like to jump into the game blind. I enjoy surprises these days. Looking forward to the crafting aspect too.

Someone mentioned that the Nintendo Online service will play a part in getting some Nook Miles from memory. Which is kind of unfortunate but I'm contemplating cancelling my subscription. Was only paying it to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online basically, but have grown tired of that game. If it gets a few new DLC cups though, that'd be cool. As for NES & SNES games, I pretty much own everything I want on the 3DS. :P

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RSM-HQ

@speeny said:
@RSM-HQ said:

Yep! I can't wait. It's a good thing they've added the Southern Hemisphere to the game. What I'm most interested in finding out is how they're gonna tie in Christmas with it being summer here in Australia and some other parts of the world around that time. Though I'd imagine everything would play as normal just without snow, which makes sense. Maybe different dialogue from the villagers here and there.

I spent time on New Leaf through the years but never really made a "Dream Town." One thing that limited me in NL was the map layouts. Sure, the games previously have been about working with what you're given but, just when I've thought I found the perfect map, I realise months later that "Oh, there's a stone here, that's annoying because I can't break it." That being said though, I do like the imperfections too.

I know in NH there'll be much more freedom in terms of town/island layouts. Being able to choose the spots where someone moves in is a huge benefit.

I've been staying away from too much info even though people want more. I personally would just like to jump into the game blind. I enjoy surprises these days. Looking forward to the crafting aspect too.

Someone mentioned that the Nintendo Online service will play a part in getting some Nook Miles from memory. Which is kind of unfortunate but I'm contemplating cancelling my subscription. Was only paying it to play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe online basically, but have grown tired of that game. If it gets a few new DLC cups though, that'd be cool. As for NES & SNES games, I pretty much own everything I want on the 3DS. :P

I too have avoided the marketing for the game, love discovering all the secrets in these games, it's one of the main draws. Pre-order, will be playing day-one.

Hopefully New Horizons has some good local wifi features because I too have ran into doubting the subscription service at Nintendo (kept for Splatoon 2 mostly, followed with Tetris 99, Smash is awful online)

Bleh gaming subscriptions. . It's all these gaming companies want anymore, to suck us dry with multiple subscriptions majority don't care for, and I'm just sick of them lol! Suppose I'm a hypocrite for still paying for PSNPlus but without Monster Hunter, that would be long behind me.

Back onto Animal Crossing. I always had a casual love for them, but seems to be a passionate franchise to you. I hope it lives up to expectations ツ

GhostRecon2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GhostRecon2020

@pyro1245: I thought about playing that game.

Sims and strategy games can make you very relaxed.

The good time that I had with Civ 5, soothed my pain so well after 5 hours of playing it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34468 Posts

Man, BF:BC2 was good. Are people still playing it?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58155 Posts

City builders. No reaction times, no stress...just let the mind flow and create. Straight roads, curvy roads, freeways or rural, skyscrapers and tech or farming and rural residential.

Turn on some tunes, too, while I am at it.

@ghostrecon2020 said:

@pyro1245: I thought about playing that game.

Sims and strategy games can make you very relaxed.

The good time that I had with Civ 5, soothed my pain so well after 5 hours of playing it.

Factorio is AMAZING! For the same reasons as above.

It can be a bit stressful however as it is based on micromanagement. But still, you can make stuff any way you want.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7180 Posts

Football Manager is one that sticks out always enjoyed sims.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I very rarely have a "hard day", but some mindless Dynasty Warrior fun is certainly welcome if I do

GhostRecon2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GhostRecon2020

@Litchie: Yeah. It is the last game that I going to play. I am bored of everything else.

Tell you the truth, it is dying, but it is probably cheap to buy and there are a few servers that are active at the weekends.

There is no better team based online fps like it.

TheDriver78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheDriver78
Member since 2020 • 12 Posts

Depending on my mood, either GTA IV or GTA V will fill the bill. Both have good graphics IMO and are pretty approachable (i.e. you could sit down and play for anywhere from 45 mins to a full afternoon). Because IV's a fair bit grittier than V - I save that for when I have an esp. bad day/I come home in an extra-crusty mood.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Red Dead 2 is my relax game these days. Just beat the story so I can spend my time hunting, fishing and gambling. Trying to get all the custom clothes and equipment from the fur trader is taking a lot of my time right now. Tamed my first wild horse last night.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7180 Posts

A more recent one is the sims 4 don't know why I continue to play it. Another is the telltale games most recently the walking dead final season nice change of pace than rpg's I've been playing lately.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Strategy games are the best for this. If I want to divert my thoughts, I need something that requires them. XCOM 2 is particularly good for this.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1328 Posts

Skyrim or any of the skate games, pretty relaxing and chill to play.

pricey89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 pricey89
Member since 2005 • 376 Posts

At the moment I am playing a lot Rainbow 6 siege and Escape From Tarkov.