What game do you like that everyone hates?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RockField

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1 RockField
Member since 2017 • 500 Posts

For me, that will be Resident Evil 6.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

idunno, Mass Effect Andromeda. It was a fun game. Just pretend it has no relation to Mass Effect 1-3 (because it doesn't, it's a spin-off)

additionally, Dragon Age: Inquisition. I thought the characters were all incredible and the level design impeccable; large instanced zones crammed with detail instead of just a huge dilute, empty open world. Gameplay was also great fun imo; kept the tactical pause and planning aspect, but more action-heavy too. And more dragons!!!!!

AC Syndicate. Had a great setting/era, and the dual-character brother-sister combo was a lot of fun and worked really well. Loved the whole gang aspect to it, too, and the Frye twins are arguably the best characters since Ezio.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56082 Posts

The games I like but everyone hates:

• Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Mass Effect: Andromeda
  • Quantum Break
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Metal Gear Solid 5
  • Battlefield 1
Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

V fanboys are the worst.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58915 Posts

Resident Evil 5, Roger Moore era James Bond with monsters - people act like it's the worst thing ever.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

Homefront 2. I loved the game. The patch fixed it. It had an awful release which killed any chance of the series continuing.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Resident Evil 5-6

Mass Effect Andromeda

The Division

Ghost Recon WildLands

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

I had fun with Resi5, and 6. Especially The Mercenary modes. However honestly they deserve all the hate they get. For Capcom chasing trends instead of being themselves, alienating a fandom is never a good idea. And Capcom admitted to wanting Resident Evil to be more like Call of Duty, just didn't fit the franchise. As the recent release has shown they've learned lessons and really needed it. Though argument is that they spectated the Remaster of Remake and Revelations to get an idea Survival Horror was still a healthy market.

I notice not many like The Evil Within games here so they probably get my pick(s).

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

@RSM-HQ said:

I notice not many like The Evil Within games here so they probably get my pick(s).

I like the first Evil Within. Never finished the second, which I felt was a betrayal of the first. The second is more popular. Popularity sucks.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#12 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Fallout 4.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
  • Mirror's Edge Catalyst
  • Dead Rising 4
  • Resident Evil 5
  • GTA IV
  • Watch Dogs
  • RAGE 2
  • Splinter Cell Conviction
  • DMC 2013
MarkoftheSivak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 MarkoftheSivak
Member since 2010 • 461 Posts

@lembu90: I actually agree that Civ 6 is best Civ (with both expansions).

For me although not hated, Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Not only do I think it's a great game, it was my favorite of the 3 reboots.

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

I don’t know if everyone hates it, but Ridge Racer 6 that helped launch the Xbox 360 is one of my favourite videogames of all time. Sadly, it’s still not BC on the X1.

That, and the original Titanfall for the X1 gets a lot of play from me. Not really a universally hated game, but it does get a lot of flack for being an online multiplayer only game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By RSM-HQ
@ezekiel43 said:
@RSM-HQ said:

I like the first Evil Within. Never finished the second, which I felt was a betrayal of the first. The second is more popular. Popularity sucks.

Don't really see this betrayal, however did think the first one did a few things better. Ruvik, the way it presented everything in mystery was more ominous, and The Cruellest Intentions chapter is probably up as one of my favorite areas in a game ever. Yet overall I prefer the second game, took in feedback and improved on a lot of criticisms, wish some of the street areas didn't look so generic though_

Also not sure on "popularity", the first game sold way more copies. TEW2 sold terribly.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

I was not aware of Ghost Recon: Wildlands is regarded as a negative game. I thoroughly enjoyed it and cannot wait to play Ghost Recon: Breakpoint!

The Division: On the other hand, I can see why it was regarded with criticism. I for one was deeply involved in the backstory of this franchise. Unfortunately, there were a lot of differences between the original trailers and gameplay versus what we were given. The idea of working together was amazing, as long as you knew someone else playing the game. I, like most anticipated the arrival of the Division 2, but I personally think it was let down. It relied heavily on the previous game and the story was bland.

Mass Effect: Andromeda: Like someone previously mentioned in this thread, if you regard this installment in the ME world as a stand-alone game and nothing more, it does have a great story and the game is not that bad. I personally believe they should have just removed "Mass Effect" from the name and replaced the species and this game would have more than likely went further than it did.......regardless of the famed facial issues at its' release.

Resident Evil: I tried. I really tried to like Resident Evil 5. I could not get into it. I loved Resident Evil 1-4 and X, but for some reason, I could not do it. I personally feel the developers strayed too far away from the origins of Resident Evil and went another direction that was not well received. This happened with the Silent Hill series as well. After Silent Hill 1-3, it was not Silent Hill anymore.

@MarcRecon said:

Resident Evil 5-6

Mass Effect Andromeda

The Division

Ghost Recon WildLands

Avatar image for deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
deactivated-5f56fcab5da82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
Member since 2019 • 118 Posts

- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (I take this game over WindWaker any day).

- Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

- Need for Speed: Pro Street (Underrated)

- Five Nights at Freddy's

- Mortal Komat 11

- Chess

- Russian Roulette

KINGY_LEWY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20 KINGY_LEWY
Member since 2019 • 10 Posts

Powerstar Golf, not sure if most people hate it, but all my mates do.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34600 Posts

The only one that comes to mind is Sea of Thieves. And I understand why it's hated. I don't really love the game, but I find it fun.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@TheDarkWolf86 said:

I was not aware of Ghost Recon: Wildlands is regarded as a negative game. I thoroughly enjoyed it and cannot wait to play Ghost Recon: Breakpoint!

The Division: On the other hand, I can see why it was regarded with criticism. I for one was deeply involved in the backstory of this franchise. Unfortunately, there were a lot of differences between the original trailers and gameplay versus what we were given. The idea of working together was amazing, as long as you knew someone else playing the game. I, like most anticipated the arrival of the Division 2, but I personally think it was let down. It relied heavily on the previous game and the story was bland.

Mass Effect: Andromeda: Like someone previously mentioned in this thread, if you regard this installment in the ME world as a stand-alone game and nothing more, it does have a great story and the game is not that bad. I personally believe they should have just removed "Mass Effect" from the name and replaced the species and this game would have more than likely went further than it did.......regardless of the famed facial issues at its' release.

Resident Evil: I tried. I really tried to like Resident Evil 5. I could not get into it. I loved Resident Evil 1-4 and X, but for some reason, I could not do it. I personally feel the developers strayed too far away from the origins of Resident Evil and went another direction that was not well received. This happened with the Silent Hill series as well. After Silent Hill 1-3, it was not Silent Hill anymore.

@MarcRecon said:

Resident Evil 5-6

Mass Effect Andromeda

The Division

Ghost Recon WildLands

Yes Sir, early on GRWL was getting a lot of hate(and rightfully so) because of the bugs that where present during the beta. Even though most of those problems where fixed before it's launch, there was a decent amount of people complaining.

.....And I'm really have fun with the Division 2....I actually like it better then the first game.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

- Kingdom Hearts 3 (Combat system was fast-paced and extremely fun imo. Being able to swap out multiple keyblades and the fact that they have different forms added another layer of depth to it. The game was a bit on the easy side but that's what difficulty settings are for. They've also remedied that by adding critical mode which is insanely difficult.)

- Final Fantasy XIII (I enjoyed this game from start to finish. I enjoyed the story, characters, and the drama that unfolded between them. I also liked the combat system and felt like the ability to change your party's combat roles on the fly added versatility and gives you what you need when need it. I also liked how you didn't get a 100% happy ending.)

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7263 Posts

Twisted Metal 2012 was great. Yes, the story mode cutsceens feel like a 13-year old directed them, but from a gameplay perspective it's the peak of the series.

Also, Bushido Blade 2 is just as good as the first one.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

@lembu90 said:

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

V fanboys are the worst.

Lol is that a thing?

I like civ 6 in its current state way more than 5 in its final state. I think they've finally build a platform that they could keep expanding on. I'd prefer another expac for civ 6 in 2020 rather than them moving to civ 7 development.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26  Edited By deactivated-5e5d7e6d61227
Member since 2009 • 619 Posts

You are correct. I find myself behind to new video game releases because of work. I am honestly trying to catch up and have not had the chance to play Red Dead Redemption II.

I appreciate your response!

In regards to your comment about The Division 2, I have to respectfully disagree. I personally could not get past the differences between the Base of Operations in the first and the White House in the second. I don't know, I felt as if I contributed more in the first than I did in the second version. This is just my opinion. This is NOT the only reason, I have listed some other issues above, but I spent more time playing the first installment and its' DLC than I did in the second.

@MarcRecon said:
@TheDarkWolf86 said:

Yes Sir, early on GRWL was getting a lot of hate(and rightfully so) because of the bugs that where present during the beta. Even though most of those problems where fixed before it's launch, there was a decent amount of people complaining.

.....And I'm really have fun with the Division 2....I actually like it better then the first game.

Kinol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kinol
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

I spend a lot of time with farming in Fallout 76

Edit: In Fallout 4 also, a lot of time and caps

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

Fallout 4

Sea of Thieves

GTAV

GR Wildlands

Instamixes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Instamixes
Member since 2019 • 45 Posts

I think I like these games but everyone hates.

Watch Dogs 2

GTA Vice City

Far Cry 2

IGI 2

Road Racer

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@instamixes: I've never heard anyone say that they didn't like GTA: Vice City. I thought it was up there as one of the favorites alongside San Andreas.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RSM-HQ
@valgaav_219 said:

@instamixes: I've never heard anyone say that they didn't like GTA: Vice City. I thought it was up there as one of the favorites alongside San Andreas.

I'm not a Grand Theft Auto person either yet have more often than not seen a lot of praise towards Vice City; usually because it's bluntly taking cues from a cult classic movie. Along with building upon the fundamentals of the previous game.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Batman Arkham Knight, playing it right now for the first time and I can't wrap my head around why people disliked it or disliked the batmobile sections? My only gripe is in "car" mode it controls a little sloppy, but I also play a lot of GT Sport so that probably doesn't help. But when its in battle or tank mode its a blast.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#33 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

Dragon Age II - Loved it. Thought it was a great sequel on a more refined and intimate scale. I’ve never heard anyone say anything positive about it though.

WickedMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#34 WickedMuffin
Member since 2019 • 87 Posts

Nobody likes Metro Exodus, but I do

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7230 Posts

Watchdogs 1 thought it was ok good enough story to keep me going.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RSM-HQ
@wickedmuffin said:

Nobody likes Metro Exodus, but I do

Really? I've read only positive things about the game.

If anything is held against Exodus it came out at surprisingly packed time of the year. Early 2019 was filled with great new games.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#37 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@RSM-HQ: I had no idea Evil Within was hated... I think most people just forget about them. Personally, I like them both for different reasons. The first was wildly unpredictable even though its story was comically underwritten, which made it pretty enjoyable. Reminds me of Resi 4 in the way it just throws all kinds of set pieces at the player (although it's nowhere near as great as RE4). The second game was just a really solid quasi- open world stealth/ action horror game.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RSM-HQ

@turtlethetaffer: On GD I've mostly seen people either didn't play far into the game (likely got frustrated with dying) or just whimingly base it on a trailer and nothing more.

Usually the words "looked trash" "controls poorly" "Resident Evil knock-off" get thrown around. I've read it all, and while it's a shame honestly, I think Tango is a studio that clearly inspired Capcom to get back at the job.

Lembu90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Lembu90
Member since 2015 • 665 Posts

I don't think most people ever remembered this one, Digimon World 3 for PS1.

All of the surviving reviews about this game are negative ones. Maybe because for being too hard to be like Final Fantasy game or released at PS1's dying days, I don't know why most people then hates this game.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#40 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

@Yams1980: Gauntlet Legends/Dark Legacy is one of mine as well. I love that game.

I'll also add from the top of my head:

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 - I'm hearing more mixed results on this, but I love it.

Zatch Bell! Mamodo Battles - What can I say, I love Zatch Bell and I find this a fun game on my GameCube.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - The Wii versions of 1 and 2 (though the latter can be argued as a better game on the Wii than the HD versions)

Urbz: Sims in the City

MySims

Several CoD games - World at War, Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Black Ops II, though I am done with the series after BLOPS II.

Naruto: Clash of Ninja series - Gets the most hate compared to the Ultimate Ninja series, which in and of itself lost it's mojo when Namco Bandai got the complete license.

Sonic Unleashed - The Wii version (dear god, stay away from debates on which is better between that and the HD versions)

Castlevania 64 - Feels more like classic Castlevania than Lords of Shadow does.

Bethesda era Fallout - Though I do adore New Vegas most, I find a lot of fun from Fallout 4.

Skyrim - Need I say more?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Tripping be damed, it's my second favorite Smash (Ultimate wins of course)

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RSM-HQ
@nintendoboy16 said:

@Yams1980:

Castlevania 64 - Feels more like classic Castlevania than Lords of Shadow does.

That's not a complement though. Lord of Shadows was targeted to people who never touched a CastleVania game.

CastleVania 64 really is, what it is.

BlackTiger_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BlackTiger_7
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XV.

Both are really fun games.

fractured_veil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 fractured_veil
Member since 2018 • 32 Posts

Despite all the hate for 4, I have yet to play a Fallout that I didn't enjoy. (I also pretend 76 doesn't exist.)

amiCalllll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 amiCalllll
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

I like to play GTA V, but my friends said it's too childish. They only like fortnite.

LegendCiiwx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 LegendCiiwx
Member since 2019 • 5 Posts

@amicalllll: Come on ! GTA V IS FANTASTIC!

YouAreNotFunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 YouAreNotFunny
Member since 2019 • 2 Posts

@amicalllll: GTA childish? No, it's not.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#48 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@warmblur said:

Splinter Cell Conviction

That game was crazy good. One of the biggest argument was that you could not stealth anymore, which you could absolutely do.

It was just not the default stance anymore.

I had a lot of fun with this.

I don't think there's anything I am currently playing that's universally hated, but I am enjoying Call Of Duty WWII, so I guess there's that.

DigitalNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DigitalNoodle
Member since 2003 • 323 Posts

Alone in the Dark (2008)

GTA IV

Wet

neojotic