What game did you almost buy that you're glad you didn't?

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Whiteblade999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Whiteblade999
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Elemental: War of Magic. Man am I glad that I didn't spring for the special edition of that one.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#52 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
Colonial Marines. I was tempted to pick it up recently for $12 on sale, but then I read in the Steam forums that anyone considering the game should watch a Let's Play on Youtube first. I did, and was really glad I didn't buy the game, which looks about as bad as the reviews would have you believe.
SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 SirWander
Member since 2009 • 5176 Posts

Not applicable to you and the rest of people here who said certain things didn't exist in The Last of Us when they did. I shouldn't take a word from anyone here. Hear it from me people, the game is boring. Uncharted is better as a game. Clickers are fun for a while and having to choose between stealth or coming all out is nice but that's all there is to it.

gamingqueen

It's not an interactive movie. It has cutscenes, but so do the Uncharted games; and the gameplay in the first Uncharted is less varied. The game isn't boring, I played it and I thought it was phenomenal. I don't need someone else to form my opinion on the games that I play. So I'm not going to take your word on anything that has to do with video games.

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

The game isn't boring, I played it and I thought it was phenomenal.SirWander

The game is boring, I played it and thought it was boring. I practically had to force myself to finish it just so I could see the rest of the story. It was a pretty miserable experience. I'd recommend people just watch a Let's Play. That way they get to experience the great presentation and story without the miserable tedium of playing it.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SirWander

The game is boring, I played it and thought it was boring. I practically had to force myself to finish it just so I could see the rest of the story. It was a pretty miserable experience. I'd recommend people just watch a Let's Play. That way they get to experience the great presentation and story without the miserable tedium of playing it.

Pffrbt

It's actually great. The game isn't going to appeal to everyone who plays it, as evidenced by your disdain of this game. But that can be said about every game ever made. I still find it odd that anyone would think this game is boring.

Watching a playthrough is not a bad recommendation to those on the fence about playing this game.

SirWander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SirWander

Oh please do. I want the whole wide world to worship me. Love no one but me, listen to me and only me. I come here seeking the world's love and attention. I whore for attention you know and without it I doubt I'd be able to move on. 

The game is boring and I'm not insulting your mother. Live with it.

Phenomenal: introducing new concepts in games which isn't in the last of us, introducing a new technology in games which isn't in the last of us. 

Uncharted: faster reload, health regenrating system unlike the gimmicky crafting and skills system, barriers actually get destroyed when you use them for cover, shooting AND platforming, I'm not sure how exactly the game in the last of us is more varied. You can't be anymore wrong. 

gamingqueen

I will ignore your opinion, thanks for your consent.

The game isn't boring. Learn to live with other peoples opinions.

Phenomenal does not mean innovative.

The loading times in The Last of Us are barely noticeable, and are not slower than in the Uncharted series. Health regeneration isn't anything special, it does not make games better. Destructible cover is not something that was used for every piece of cover in the Uncharted games. It was neat to have, but utterly superfluous. You forgot to mention the very easy puzzles in the Uncharted games, and how forgettable they are as evidenced by you not bringing it up. I'm not going to bother explaining why it's more varied, as you played it and utterly misunderstood the game.

Avatar image for bluntz4breakfas
bluntz4breakfas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 bluntz4breakfas
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
wish i could say the last of us as it presented almost to much of a bullsh*t challenge. like wandering in a room with 5 clickers. n they happen to come newhere near u on the harder difficulties and automatic death??? thought we was getting to play how we wanted????? well i like being able to pick easy diff. on games im new 2 and gear it up for 2nd playthru etc..... but for me the 1 im glad i didnt get was..... Star Trek
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#60 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
Aliens: CM without a doubt and Deadpool also
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#61 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. I was going to buy it, but then played the demo and didn't like it at all.
MysteryJ0ker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MysteryJ0ker
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts

Infestations: Survival Stories.

I thought to myself "Finally! A decent looking zombie survival MMO!"

Then I started looking at the gameplay and it looked eerily familiar to War Z. Turns it was Warz. And then I put the game into my steam cart ready to purchase, The game couldn't be as bad as all those reviews right?!?! Not 5 seconds before I was about to hit the purchase icon, a member in Teamspeak jumped into my channel and greeted. I told him what I was about to do and to the top of his lungs, he screamed for me not to purchase that game. Then he proceeded to bombard me with articles all related to the developer. I didn't think a developer could go down to the level Zynga and refused to buy.

5 seconds was literally the difference between a pile of regret.

187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

MotoGP 13, played the demo when it was released on PS3 one day before release day and didn't really like it. Disliked the engine sounds and the way the back of the bike always seem to slide out at every corner, the riders and bikes look amazing but the rest of the graphics look like they belong on a PS2.

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#64 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts

Aliens: CM without a doubt and Deadpool alsoThe_Last_Ride

Aliens Colonial Marines was good at the beginning and the first couple of levels, but as soon as the bad guys were actual guys(humans) instead of the aliens the game turned out to be crap. If the game was made the way that Gearbox showed in the gameplay videos than it would have been better.

The Deadpool game was and is awesome, and just a lot of fun to play. It is a really funny game with some of the stuff that he says and does. This game was way better than I thought that it would be, and I am soo glad I got to play it.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

The Last of Us, definitely. I had it pre-ordered but kind of started losing interest. Then I watched some gameplay and decided I would just wait to rent it instead. What a boring, tedious game. I loved everything about the game (except the ending) except for the gameplay. It's boring.

Naughty Dog had such a great thing going on with the presentation, story, and characters, why did they have to fall back on the same tired cover based third person shooter gameplay that the industry is already oversaturated with. Its attempt to change up that gameplay just fell flat, mostly just working to make it more boring and tedious than if they had just gone a straight action route.

http://www.nohighscores.com/2013/06/18/why-the-last-of-us-sucks/

This covers a lot of what I didn't like about the game, the only parts I disagree with being the story.

Pffrbt

I kind of agree with what you're saying about the game.  I feel like they just wanted to join the current zombie trend, as most of what happened was kind of predictable (well, the ending not so much).  The infected/zombies, especially the clickers, felt cheap, like they didn't always play by the rules of the game while the player always had to.

As for the question, I almost bought Operation Raccoon City a while back (wanted a co-op game) but am glad I didn't.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#66 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Far Cry 3. Watched some gameplay vids and decided to pass. Useless perks like shooting from a zip line, to the repetitive capture the base mechanics looks like it wears pretty thin after a few hours. I'll definitely be picking up Blood Dragon though.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#67 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Aliens: Colonial Marines.
CreatureRising

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#68 CreatureRising
Member since 2006 • 1541 Posts

I wish I could say Aliens: CM.  But that is sitting on my shelf currently.   One of these days someone will get an Aliens game right.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#69 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

It's funny how butthurt people are getting about the TC and a couple others not liking The Last of Us.

parazels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 parazels
Member since 2013 • 47 Posts
Call of duty black ops - although this game was on sale just for $5, but I decided to play the demo before buying. There was a lot of shooting and I tired to play it pretty soon. I decided there was no sense in purchasing one more shooter. ProEvolution Soccer 13 - I accidentally "tasted" FIFA, which I had been hating for years. Unexpectedly I noticed, that FIFA had done a great progress since I played it several years ago. So I preferred ordering FIFA 13.
burningsnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 burningsnow
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
State of Decay. I played the demo and found it to be somewhat fun. Then near the end of the demo I figured it was all tedious chores that really werent fun. Glad i skipped out on the full game.
parazels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 parazels
Member since 2013 • 47 Posts
I didn't understand at all why people appreciated state of decay. I found it ugly and boring.
anab0lic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 anab0lic
Member since 2011 • 374 Posts

skyrim

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points