What game are you playing right now?

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#901 Posted by uninspiredcup (34392 posts) -

Arkham Knight. Weird game. The story-telling is far superior to the other games and has an epic finality to it. But it's devoid of boss fights and the constant walls stopping you progressing in side-quests is really frustrating.

Avatar image for henrythefifth
#902 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:

Arkham Knight. Weird game. The story-telling is far superior to the other games and has an epic finality to it. But it's devoid of boss fights and the constant walls stopping you progressing in side-quests is really frustrating.

i felt the same. The game lacks interesting villains for you to take down. Previous games had more of them.

Personally I liked playing with the tank, but it did get rather repetitive towards the end.

Avatar image for comoestas
#903 Edited by comoestas (54 posts) -

Been playing Human Fall Flat with my friends, such a funny game :D thought about buying it for a while and found it extra cheap at eneba.com

Avatar image for Floppy_Jim
#904 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25855 posts) -

Arse Creed Odyssey

I mean it's good fun but no game in the histroy of ever needs to be so big. After 54 hours there are still miles of uncovered map.

Wargroove

Scratches the Advance Wars itch quite nicely.

DK: TF

Platforming brilliance!

Avatar image for JappStarr
#905 Posted by JappStarr (33 posts) -

Dreamfall Chapters

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#906 Posted by robert_sparkes (3238 posts) -

Xbox one: Rise of the tomb raider

DMC definitive edition

PS4: haunted castle

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#907 Edited by uninspiredcup (34392 posts) -

@henrythefifth said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Arkham Knight. Weird game. The story-telling is far superior to the other games and has an epic finality to it. But it's devoid of boss fights and the constant walls stopping you progressing in side-quests is really frustrating.

i felt the same. The game lacks interesting villains for you to take down. Previous games had more of them.

Personally I liked playing with the tank, but it did get rather repetitive towards the end.

Yes, the problem isn't the Batmanmobile, it's integrated really well into the core gameplay. The combat arenas basically involve spamming the player relentlessly barring a few creative ones, it lacks all the different factors of foot combat. It generally feels like a better option as well to simply glide, especially upgraded with X4 boost as the tank inevitability gets bogged down in combat.

I'm glad they ended this as they did, rather than continuing for the sake of it as games tend to do. We have 4 solid games (and yes i'm including Origins) with a beginning, middle and end, something we don't see very often and it does elevate it than it otherwise would have been.

Barring the dumb ass Arkham Knight himself and Scarecrow being... abit shit. Top notch story-telling. The unfortunate thing is that Arkham Knight is vital to the stories themes, but just he, himself is garbage.

Avatar image for henrythefifth
#908 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@henrythefifth said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Arkham Knight. Weird game. The story-telling is far superior to the other games and has an epic finality to it. But it's devoid of boss fights and the constant walls stopping you progressing in side-quests is really frustrating.

i felt the same. The game lacks interesting villains for you to take down. Previous games had more of them.

Personally I liked playing with the tank, but it did get rather repetitive towards the end.

Yes, the problem isn't the Batmanmobile, it's integrated really well into the core gameplay. The combat arenas basically involve spamming the player relentlessly barring a few creative ones, it lacks all the different factors of foot combat. It generally feels like a better option as well to simply glide, especially upgraded with X4 boost as the tank inevitability gets bogged down in combat.

I'm glad they ended this as they did, rather than continuing for the sake of it as games tend to do. We have 4 solid games (and yes i'm including Origins) with a beginning, middle and end, something we don't see very often and it does elevate it than it otherwise would have been.

Barring the dumb ass Arkham Knight himself and Scarecrow being... abit shit. Top notch story-telling. The unfortunate thing is that Arkham Knight is vital to the stories themes, but just he, himself is garbage.

Yeah, I have to say the story in Arkham Knight is very good and feels very mature, they way its slowly opens. And the game world is just so incredible, with great detail, and with believeable NPCs in the police HQ and around the place, such as the firemen.

I loved Arkham Origins, by the way. Great sandbox, great villains, great cinematic boss stages such as the hotel sequence.

Avatar image for rikochiba
#909 Posted by RikoChiba (8 posts) -

none

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#910 Posted by robert_sparkes (3238 posts) -

Really enjoying Rise of the tomb raider graphically excellent even on an Xbox one s.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#911 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19165 posts) -

Playing Shakedown Hawaii on Switch, which I'm really enjoying... then I'm thinking of doing another play-through of Wind Waker on Gamecube (although I'm not sure since there's a small chance it might come to Switch eventually).

Avatar image for MarkoftheSivak
#912 Posted by MarkoftheSivak (381 posts) -

Currently enjoying the Castlevania Collection.

Also tried out Transformers: Devastation on PS4 and had a blast with it, just a good, fun beat-em-up and is a love letter to 80's kids.

And of course Forza Horizon 4 on X1X occasionally.

Avatar image for robert_sparkes
#913 Posted by robert_sparkes (3238 posts) -

FInished up rise of the tomb raider great game really enjoyed it. Now time to finish up DmC.

Avatar image for henrythefifth
#914 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

replaying Uncharted 2 remaster. The photo mode is great, as it allows you to check out detail you would totally miss otherwise. Just check Chloe's gun here; bet you never noticed that flaming skull design! I would've missed it, but for the photo mode.

Avatar image for clifford_sexylips
#915 Posted by Clifford_Sexylips (67 posts) -

I'm playing Crossfire just for fun! It's like a mix of COD and CS:GO... although it's kinda old. I didn't know they're popular again maybe because of the WCG since the last time I heard they were one of the game in the WCG 2013.

Avatar image for feitan14
#916 Posted by feitan14 (20 posts) -

I really enjoyed playing Dota2, I admit that I'm a noob player all I do is watch the highlights of gameplay like for example I watched WCG Regional Qualifiers of Dota 2, I got some tips from those gamers to improve my game strategy.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
#917 Edited by WSGRandomPerson (13697 posts) -

Slowly making my way through Breath of Fire 3 again, then Suikoden again.

Avatar image for adamlimbrent660
#918 Posted by adamlimbrent660 (12 posts) -

I’m playing black ops 4. I’ve tried to play before but was not able to choose correct setting for this game, but a few days ago I’ve found this article https://bestgamingthings.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-4-the-best-settings-for-the-game/. Maybe it will help someone.

Avatar image for snakefhan
#919 Posted by snakefhan (5 posts) -

DMC and Wave Race 64

Avatar image for valgaav_219
#920 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2480 posts) -

- Eternal Sonata

Also replaying Horizon Zero Dawn on a higher difficulty. It makes a big difference

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#921 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (19165 posts) -

State of Mind on Switch... so far not bad.

Avatar image for henrythefifth
#922 Posted by henrythefifth (2502 posts) -

While PS4 was downloading 20GB update for Spider Man, I replayed thru Halo Reach.

Now that's a Halo game I really love. Epic in everything. Also, when you replay it, you can keep your former rank, XP and gear, so each new play you can be bit more alpha. Neat.

The fall or Reach is one of the most iconic events in the history of Spartans, so its great they made decent game out of it.

I'd love to see a game set in pre MJOLNIR era, tho. As you know, Spartans did black ops for the Navy when the MJOLNIR was still in development, and only got send to front line when the special armour was operational. Anyways, a game about those black ops around the galaxy would be uber cool.

Avatar image for MarkoftheSivak
#923 Posted by MarkoftheSivak (381 posts) -

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night.

Avatar image for magnuszerock
#924 Posted by MagnusZerock (27 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

@RSM-HQ: Just the Insect Glaive right now however I plan on branching out and trying a few more like the Gun Lance, Great Sword, and Hammer.

Amazing game! You're gonna love the Gun Lance if you just like poking the monsters until they die :)