What does it mean to be a 'hardcore gamer'?

Avatar image for blackember36x
blackember36x

34

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By blackember36x
Member since 2014 • 34 Posts

To you, what does it mean? Is a hardcore gamer someone who plays 6-10 hours everyday/ someone who has played a game for thousands of hours.... Basically, is it something measured by time or is it something like if you're truly enthusiastic about the game, the world, the story, the characters and the lore of the game. Or is it someone who is very competitive and plays only for the sake of being the best, or is it someone who loves a challenge(MP or SP) and will never give up until he beats it?

What do you think?

Avatar image for SovietsUnited
SovietsUnited

2457

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 238

User Lists: 0

#2 SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

Be sincere and passionate about your hobby, and play good games regardless of age or platform; that is how I would define a core gamer.

But these days, whining, nitpicking, cynicism and being "edgy" are what define the term.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
Lulu_Lulu

19564

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

It means to behave like an ass and look down on everyone who doesn't share your oppinion. Now thats hardcore.

Avatar image for blackember36x
blackember36x

34

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By blackember36x
Member since 2014 • 34 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu: haha totally get where you're coming from. Some 'hardcore' gamers think they're so much superior to everyone else.

Avatar image for foxhound_fox
foxhound_fox

98079

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98079 Posts

Being able to play 2-player Ikaruga by yourself.

Avatar image for mjorh
mjorh

6747

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6747 Posts

I don't think it's about how much u play , or how you're good at some specific genres u know it's about being up to date , being able to express your opinions and standpoints about a game in like a "review" form , being in the community, being aware of what's going on in the industry, being much more open-minded about different genres u know not just be one dimensional and stuff, so by my definition i don't believe MMO players for instance are "Hardcore" or those who play ONE genre like all the time , no offense. long story short , it's not JUST about having fun , it's about being in the combination of having fun and showing contribution . contribution to the gaming industry... and it shall be more prosperous as it goes forward.

Avatar image for behardy24
Behardy24

5324

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I don't use that term at all, but the definition of it is a person that is real into a variety of games (both old and new) and follows the industry on-goings constantly.

Avatar image for maynardburger
maynardburger

187

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By maynardburger
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts

Its people who consider gaming a proper hobby of theirs. Enthusiasts, in other words.

Avatar image for mattykovax
mattykovax

22693

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#9 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

Nothing. the term "hardcore" is just the equivalent of the hipsters of the gaming world.

" your only really hardcore if you play______" yeah, hipster shit.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

21599

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#10 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 21599 Posts

Bitching a lot about gaming

Avatar image for Treflis
Treflis

13677

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13677 Posts

If I were to define what I think the difference between a "Hardcore" and "Casual" gamer is, Then..

Hardcore = Gamer who views playing Videogames as a hobby and entertainment, follows what happens in the industry as a whole aswell as studios, likely watches E-sports and Panel shows at E3, Quakecon and equalent conventions, and actively engages with others about it either through gaming and discussions.

Casual : Gamer who views games as entertainment primarily and usually not as a hobby, less likely to follows news in the industry and possibly only games they have a interest in, Enjoys playing games with others on occassion.

That said I don't approve of the labels, as far as I'm concerned If you play videogames then you're a gamer just like me.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
Lulu_Lulu

19564

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I think the most Hardcore thing I've ever heard on this site is when some Demon Souls fanboy made fun of people who only played Dark Souls. Seriously ! What The Hell !

I was on the train with a colleague the other day. She was bored and whipped out her phone and played about 1 hour of tetris. I think thats Hardcore ! She didn't need no graphics, no story, no immersion.... Just pure gameplay. She may have been playing just to pass the time but I still think thats hardcore. I'd take her over anyone who played Dark Souls.... Everytime !

Infact I think people who game casually are better at gaming than we are ?

I've never heard my sister say something like.... "I played it for the story" or "RPG Elements are awesome"

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

18794

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 0

#13 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18794 Posts

I hate those labels, but I think hardcore is someone who plays a LOT of games and is pretty serious about each one. Not serious to forget to have fun, but someone who really dedicates time to their favorite games.

But as I said, I hate the labels. Either you're someone who plays games or you're not. Sure, some people are more serious than others, but at the end of the day a wide variety of people enjoy gaming to different degrees.

Avatar image for 1PMrFister
1PMrFister

3134

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

To me, being a "hardcore gamer" requires having a black-and-white view of the gaming industry, using the "No True Scotsman" fallacy when something comes up that conflicts with that view (i.e. "real gamers play/don't play X game"), and generally having some form of obsession with what you label yourself and others.

But really, it's anyone with a passionate interest in video gaming regardless of what they play and how they play it.

Avatar image for melonfarmerz
melonfarmerz

1294

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

This is really my opinion and most probably don't feel this way but I think hardcore is someone who takes competitive games really seriously. Someone who excels at games like Starcraft, CounterStrike, League, ect. Those who put thousands of hours into games like Skyrim and Deus Ex should be considered "dedicated" gamers.

Or if you can play Meepo in DOTA 2. That shits not possible

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
hrt_rulz01

19368

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 19368 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

It means to behave like an ass and look down on everyone who doesn't share your oppinion. Now thats hardcore.

Yeah it's sad that's kind of become that way isn't it...

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
Lulu_Lulu

19564

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#17 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@hrt_rulz01

Indeed. Its even affected the gaming Mascots. People are more likely to Recognise Nathan Drake and MasterChief than Sonic and Sackboy ! :(

Avatar image for Bigboi500
Bigboi500

35550

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I strongly prefer the term "dedicated" to "hardcore". The term is self-explanatory.

Avatar image for maynardburger
maynardburger

187

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 maynardburger
Member since 2005 • 187 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@hrt_rulz01

Indeed. Its even affected the gaming Mascots. People are more likely to Recognise Nathan Drake and MasterChief than Sonic and Sackboy ! :(

Master Chief has been around well before Sackboy.

Avatar image for Lulu_Lulu
Lulu_Lulu

19564

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@maynardburger

Yeah well I heard about sackboy before Masterchief.... And I'm a lemming !

Damn I wish I could play LPB.

Avatar image for Jacanuk
Jacanuk

19220

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#21 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 19220 Posts

@blackember36x said:

To you, what does it mean? Is a hardcore gamer someone who plays 6-10 hours everyday/ someone who has played a game for thousands of hours.... Basically, is it something measured by time or is it something like if you're truly enthusiastic about the game, the world, the story, the characters and the lore of the game. Or is it someone who is very competitive and plays only for the sake of being the best, or is it someone who loves a challenge(MP or SP) and will never give up until he beats it?

What do you think?

There is no such thing as a hardcore gamer.

So i think you're out to troll the forum with a dumb question ;)

Avatar image for ceromaster
ceromaster

209

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#22 ceromaster
Member since 2009 • 209 Posts

It doesn't mean anything. If you are a gamer then you are. The term 'hardcore' gamer is simply a title thrown around by elitists.

Avatar image for loafofgame
loafofgame

1742

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23 loafofgame
Member since 2013 • 1742 Posts

The way I see it is that people generally want to feel special and unique, but they're also very social animals, worrying about what others might think and wanting to be understood and acknowledged. So they use labels that separate them from the majority, but also connect them to a 'fortunate few' with whom these labels can be shared.

Some people don't want to be just a gamer; that's not enough to show how dedicated or passionate they are. 'Hardcore' implies some form of exclusivity and 'true' dedication. But as others have stated, the term is losing its value and meaning, because everyone is creating their own definitions. It's the same with terms like 'mainstream', 'community' and even 'gamer'.

Avatar image for gannon27
Gannon27

103

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#24 Gannon27
Member since 2014 • 103 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

I strongly prefer the term "dedicated" to "hardcore". The term is self-explanatory.

Yep, me too. I consider myself a dedicated gamer. I have other hobbies but gaming is my first passion. I follow the industry, like the stock market' and love keeping up to date with all the news and everything relating to gaming. I love all the systems, and all the genres, and love to sit down, relax and immerse myself in whatever game I am playing at the time.

Avatar image for branketra
BranKetra

51726

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By BranKetra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

The first time I read about hardcore gamers was when it was referring to skilled players who considered playing video games to be a hobby that could be enjoyed by children and adults alike. That has been what I have considered hardcore gamers to be for years. Only recently have I begun to see comments that it is meant to be demeaning. I do not know when that started, but it is something I refuse to adopt. A more stylish definition would be fitting for the group that bought into the video game industry despite years of trivialization by mainstream audiences. That will come when games are more accepted by the mainstream media and those who share the same opinions. As it is, gaming remains a niche hobby despite the fact that over fifty percent of American households own least a single dedicated video game console of the seventh generation since 2013. The best things about gaming would not be without us.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/esa_ef_2013.pdf

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
The_Last_Ride

76371

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#26  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

I would say a hardcore gamer is someone who follows the news and posts on boards like these and discusses it with like minded individuals. Playing just one game a year or just playing mobile games does not count. Wether it's pc or console, if you like different genre's and appreciate gaming as whole. That makes you a hardcore gamer

Avatar image for crakypantsmcgoo
crakypantsmcgoo

25

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By crakypantsmcgoo
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Hard core doesn't mean you have no life and only play. It means you are passionate about the industry. Look for indie games that are up and coming. Don't just settle for what the mass media pushes at you. I'm watching a new mmorpg I'm really hoping to get to play called Labrynthos. It looks like it will be great.

Avatar image for vicky_john1
vicky_john1

230

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#28 vicky_john1
Member since 2014 • 230 Posts

Do not study, work or hanging out.. playing games all the time. Will have a bunch of game dvd's, consoles and says i have little numbers of games are meant to hardcore gamers

Avatar image for mattykovax
mattykovax

22693

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#29 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@BranKetra said:

The first time I read about hardcore gamers was when it was referring to skilled players who considered playing video games to be a hobby that could be enjoyed by children and adults alike. That has been what I have considered hardcore gamers to be for years. Only recently have I begun to see comments that it is meant to be demeaning. I do not know when that started, but it is something I refuse to adopt. A more stylish definition would be fitting for the group that bought into the video game industry despite years of trivialization by mainstream audiences. That will come when games are more accepted by the mainstream media and those who share the same opinions. As it is, gaming remains a niche hobby despite the fact that over fifty percent of American households own least a single dedicated video game console of the seventh generation since 2013. The best things about gaming would not be without us.

http://www.theesa.com/facts/pdfs/esa_ef_2013.pdf

I would agree with you, In fact I used to answer this question like the difference between motorcycle enthusiasts and bikers. One makes it a lifestyle the other a minor hobby but they are both valid and essential to the motorcycle industry and culture.

However the reason I answered the way I did is in the last two years or so, especially on certain sites (not really this one as much) those that self identify as hardcore have started to sound more and more like the jokes about hipsters.

I don't know how many times in that period I have been called a casual because of an opinion or not playing a certain game even though I have played since Atari and owned all the major consoles since and helped keep this industry alive when it was culturaly niche too and being a gamer was like being a nerd. Its like if not for people like me there would be no industry for these guys to be able to narrowly view and condescend to those that are different.

Plus I believe any culture where the main requirement has been met, in this case games being a main hobby, diversity is key to growth and sustainability.

So that's why I hate on the term hardcore.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

14994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#30 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 14994 Posts

The ones who love to play challenging games are hardcore gamers (or core gamers) . Casual press A to win games are not liked by them and the ones who praise such games are viewed as casual gamers .

Avatar image for mattykovax
mattykovax

22693

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#31 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

The ones who love to play challenging games are hardcore gamers (or core gamers) . Casual press A to win games are not liked by them and the ones who praise such games are viewed as casual gamers .

Elitism has nothing to do with it, which is why I wish the term would just die off. Its the equivalent of saying that if you love music to be a core ( or hardcore ie code for "real whatever" which is bullshit) music lover you can only listen to complex intricate pieces and casual pieces of music or pop are looked down upon. Real music lovers don't do that and the ones that do are considered elitist hipster jerks, same with any hobby or entertainment. Gaming is like a tent, that has many booths of entertainment, no matter how core the experience or how much you choose to be in the tent you are still gaming, and that is all that really matters.

Avatar image for zeroyaoi
zeroyaoi

2472

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#32 zeroyaoi
Member since 2013 • 2472 Posts

@Cloud_imperium: That's not it. :/

The term "hardcore" needs to go.

Avatar image for PurpleMan5000
PurpleMan5000

9804

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#33  Edited By PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 9804 Posts

I would say that it's somebody who plays more than 1 or 2 different games per year and is actually willing to pay money for those games.

Avatar image for heguain
heguain

1417

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 188

User Lists: 29

#34 heguain
Member since 2007 • 1417 Posts

Playing most of the games out there?

Avatar image for branketra
BranKetra

51726

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#35  Edited By BranKetra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

@mattykovax: I understand.

Avatar image for Cloud_imperium
Cloud_imperium

14994

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 102

User Lists: 8

#36  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 14994 Posts

@mattykovax said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

The ones who love to play challenging games are hardcore gamers (or core gamers) . Casual press A to win games are not liked by them and the ones who praise such games are viewed as casual gamers .

Elitism has nothing to do with it, which is why I wish the term would just die off. Its the equivalent of saying that if you love music to be a core ( or hardcore ie code for "real whatever" which is bullshit) music lover you can only listen to complex intricate pieces and casual pieces of music or pop are looked down upon. Real music lovers don't do that and the ones that do are considered elitist hipster jerks, same with any hobby or entertainment. Gaming is like a tent, that has many booths of entertainment, no matter how core the experience or how much you choose to be in the tent you are still gaming, and that is all that really matters.

Playing difficult games doesn't make you elitist . It improves your skills and I'm not talking about playing E Sports and practicing 24 hours a day .

Games with actual gameplay and some sort of challenge is related to core gaming . Press A to win , games are for casuals .

Avatar image for mattykovax
mattykovax

22693

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#37  Edited By mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@Cloud_imperium said:

@mattykovax said:

@Cloud_imperium said:

The ones who love to play challenging games are hardcore gamers (or core gamers) . Casual press A to win games are not liked by them and the ones who praise such games are viewed as casual gamers .

Elitism has nothing to do with it, which is why I wish the term would just die off. Its the equivalent of saying that if you love music to be a core ( or hardcore ie code for "real whatever" which is bullshit) music lover you can only listen to complex intricate pieces and casual pieces of music or pop are looked down upon. Real music lovers don't do that and the ones that do are considered elitist hipster jerks, same with any hobby or entertainment. Gaming is like a tent, that has many booths of entertainment, no matter how core the experience or how much you choose to be in the tent you are still gaming, and that is all that really matters.

Playing difficult games doesn't make you elitist . It improves your skills and I'm not talking about playing E Sports and practicing 24 hours a day .

Games with actual gameplay and some sort of challenge is related to core gaming . Press A to win , games are for casuals .

Playing difficult games does not make you elitist, saying they are the only games that count is.

Avatar image for Netret0120
Netret0120

3562

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#38 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3562 Posts

Looking down on everybody and whining about the good old days when gaming was "good".

Avatar image for blamix
blamix

889

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#39 blamix
Member since 2006 • 889 Posts

Beat the soul games solo

Avatar image for Solori
Solori

462

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#40  Edited By Solori
Member since 2007 • 462 Posts

In highscool terms, hardcore gamers = the nerds; bro gamers = the popular kids; and casual gamers = the average kids. For hardcore gamers, gaming is a lifestyle. They don't just play games for fun, they analyze them, they make charts about game systems to maximize their play, they learn all about the behind the scenes things, they nitpick games. They are the trekkies/trekkers of the gaming world.

Avatar image for Gammit10
Gammit10

2397

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#41  Edited By Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts

I was going to ask "who cares about this label?" But then I see there are many who do. :(

Avatar image for jsmoke03
jsmoke03

13697

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#42  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13697 Posts

to me, its just to have a passion for gaming. thats all it really is. i dont think being a skilled gamer makes you a gamer weather its with 1 or many games. i dont think its having a small or a big gaming collection or the amount of hours you play games. just having a passion for it is enough

Avatar image for evan22198
evan22198

25

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#43 evan22198
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I think that there should be no boundaries or ranks for gamers. A community of people should be able to come together to enjoy something they all love, instead of fighting about who is better, or supposed ranks. However, if I had to define it, it would be someone who is truly passionate about what they do, as with any hobby.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

1651

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44  Edited By Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

To me there is no "Hardcore" gamers anymore. The term died off years ago. To me a "Hardcore" gamer was someone who back in the NES days who helped support the industry, whether it was on the NES, SNES, Genesis hell, even the Atari, if you were having a good fun time, and played video games alot back then, its thanks to those people that the industry survived in the first place. So to me, back then those were the hardcore gamers. Now a days there is the casuals, and core. No hardcore and core are not the same. In my opinion, "Core" means the core fanbase of a certain system. You have the core who will always go with Xbox for Halo, you have the core who will always go with Sony for their "OMG DEM GRAPHICS", and games like Uncharted, and you have the core who will always go with Nintendo for Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros and such. And there is a difference between core and fanboy. A core wont bash the others for pointless reasons. A fanboy cares more about bashing then even their own console of choice. I know alot of people will think I'm crazy and wont agree with me, but hey, thats what human's do. Have their own opinions.

Avatar image for mattykovax
mattykovax

22693

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 0

#45 mattykovax
Member since 2004 • 22693 Posts

@Master_Of_Fools said:

To me there is no "Hardcore" gamers anymore. The term died off years ago. To me a "Hardcore" gamer was someone who back in the NES days who helped support the industry, whether it was on the NES, SNES, Genesis hell, even the Atari, if you were having a good fun time, and played video games alot back then, its thanks to those people that the industry survived in the first place. So to me, back then those were the hardcore gamers. Now a days there is the casuals, and core. No hardcore and core are not the same. In my opinion, "Core" means the core fanbase of a certain system. You have the core who will always go with Xbox for Halo, you have the core who will always go with Sony for their "OMG DEM GRAPHICS", and games like Uncharted, and you have the core who will always go with Nintendo for Zelda, Metroid, Smash Bros and such. And there is a difference between core and fanboy. A core wont bash the others for pointless reasons. A fanboy cares more about bashing then even their own console of choice. I know alot of people will think I'm crazy and wont agree with me, but hey, thats what human's do. Have their own opinions.

No bashing. In fact I like the fact that you separate the fanboys from others. I hate that label but that is one that actually exists for a reason.

Avatar image for Articuno76
Articuno76

19792

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19792 Posts

It's weird...I don't use the term "hardcore gamer" at all. I don't even use the term "gamer" anymore. And yet I spend a huge amount of my time either playing games or writing about them (almost all of it). I guess because as much as I interact with videogames I don't really consider them a huge part of who I am these days.

I spent a few months abroad in a country that barely had serviceable internet and was essentially cut off from videogame news/games as a result. The weird thing was despite having been away from them for so long I didn't miss them a bit - I missed the familiarity of them.

Avatar image for Threesixtyci
Threesixtyci

4451

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#47  Edited By Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

It means that Candy Crush is the lamest game you've ever seen.