What do you want to see in MGS5?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MGSFan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 MGSFan92
Member since 2008 • 1525 Posts

What would you like to see in Metal Gear Solid 5?

I personally would like it to be a few years before MGS4, when you see the beginning of Snake's deterioration, and how he finds out about it (though he'll still appear young, as it just took affect). I would like to see more of the codec this time around. I want it to take place in a high tech environment, with MGS4's engine (or a more advanced one). It would also be nice to see some more advanced technology as in MGS4 you were placed in relatively low-tech areas, and you didn't have a lot of tech under you. Another possibility is it being a continuation of Big Boss's story, in the seventies, or eighties, or it could be set in the future, maybe in the 2020's with a new stealth agent, but what do you want to see.

al-128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 al-128
Member since 2005 • 304 Posts
I don't think there will ever be any plans for MGS5...
MGSFan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MGSFan92
Member since 2008 • 1525 Posts
Whatever, I mean the next game in the series... And Ryan Payton confirmed it, so I don't know WTF you're talking about. :roll:
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#4 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts
A brand new, coherent, interesting story.
bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#5 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
Really don't matter to me as long as the story is good like it's always been.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts

Nothing. I love MGS but they pretty much wrapped everything up in 4, i don't want to see a game that seems forced or too much of a stretch, and i'm not one for prequels.

And if they do a completely new story, what's the point? Why not just have a completely new game?

LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#7 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

one option would be to have a new cast of characters (maybe with a few cameos for the fans) and have a story based on a broad event in the mgs universe like possibly the expansion of nano machines. it could be during the experimental stages of nano machines as used for squad mechanics (think of how meryl's unit works together) and introduce squads to the mgs formula. i particularly prefer this method in the likelyhood that kojima doesnt work on it. id much rather see somebody else make their own characters rather than butcher hideo's creations.

an idea ive heard thrown around that seemed interesting is metal gear raiden. it would be after raiden turns cyborg ninja. it would be more katana oriented, but still feature stealth mechanics. and after seeing raiden take on haven, MGR would need to feature some giant bosses. the average scale of the combat would have to be larger as well, taking into consideration ninja raiden's athletic abilities and swordplay.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts
Maybe the bit with Raiden leading up to the events in MGS4, but I'd rather they just let it be.
69ANT69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 69ANT69
Member since 2007 • 8472 Posts
There isn't any plans for MGS5.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#10 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

A game with the quality and gameplay of the first MGS...somehow they screwed up the Storyline after the first and overdone everything.I still didn´t play MGS4,on one side because I got no PS3 (and no one who got it),on the other because Snake is a Old Man...and I expected the Storyline to make a much better direction.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

Maybe the bit with Raiden leading up to the events in MGS4, but I'd rather they just let it be.Shame-usBlackley

what he said.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 S0lidSnake

A game with the quality and gameplay of the first MGS...somehow they screwed up the Storyline after the first and overdone everything.I still didn´t play MGS4,on one side because I got no PS3 (and no one who got it),on the other because Snake is a Old Man...and I expected the Storyline to make a much better direction.

Ash2X

there is so much wrong in this post that even Obama cant make it right.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 S0lidSnake

an idea ive heard thrown around that seemed interesting is metal gear raiden. it would be after raiden turns cyborg ninja. it would be more katana oriented, but still feature stealth mechanics. and after seeing raiden take on haven, MGR would need to feature some giant bosses. the average scale of the combat would have to be larger as well, taking into consideration ninja raiden's athletic abilities and swordplay.

LoG-Sacrament

My ideal senario would be starting right after MGS2 with Raiden ditching Rose (something he shouldve done before MGS2) and learning how to scout with the indians. (or whoever he trained with) You can put a lot MGS3 forest stealth gameplay in there, basically he'll learn his swordplay here, it serves as a training session and will be fix for the hardcore stealth fans of the series. thats your first Act right there and it will end with Big Mama contacting Raiden and then the 2nd Act will basically be rescuing Sunny from the Patriots working with Big Mama and her resistance group.

Third act begins with Raiden handing off Sunny to Otacon and Snake, and then heading off to find the remains of Big Boss. This will the most epic act not only because of Snake's cameo, but also because the act will end with him being captured by the Patriots, tortured (you gotta have a torture scene in MGS game) and then transformed into the Cyborg Ninja. That cutscene could be like a cooler version of Anakin becoming Darth Vader. Act 4 will be all the cool fight sequences he had with the Gekkos and Vamp (.....

for some reason gs decided to edit the last portion of my post. and i dont feel like writing all that again. **** you GS, **** you!

Stavr0s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Stavr0s
Member since 2007 • 1003 Posts

Three words: More Naked Raiden (in next gen hd-ness).

Kidding. But more Raiden, nonetheless.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#15 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts
I'd rather they don't make one. They ruined the series already with number 4.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#16 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts
[QUOTE="Ash2X"]

S0lidSnake

there is so much wrong in this post that even Obama cant make it right.

Well,MGS2´s Storyline was crap,MGS3´s was...well,uninterestig and a bit over-the-top and far from the Storyline that should be finished in the first place...what´s wrong seeing always Snake just as a old dog and being disappointed in that?Like I said,I didn´t play MGS4 until now,but since 2 and 3 werent THAT good (actually only good with outstanding show),I don´t expect much of it.

CombatHigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 CombatHigh
Member since 2008 • 286 Posts
I would love to see remakes of the first two metal gear games on the ps3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 21121
Member since 2005 • 512 Posts

hopefully if they do make another game related to the MGS series, it isnt anything to do with the previous storyline. Personally i think theyve finished this one off perfectly.

If they do make another one, id hope for only referances to the previous story, not any continuations or past events.

Rick_Henderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rick_Henderson
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts

Metal Gear is dead to me. People just need to let some game series go, especially those with on going storylines. They tied everything up, doing anymore with the series would either cause complications with the storyline or feel like a cop-out. There is no where else it can go without getting ridiculous.

To me, the only true Metal Gear is Metal Gear Solid for the playstation. It had an atmosphere the other games couldn't touch, felt realistic, and had the best story. More importantly, it had a self contained story. You didn't need play the 8-bit games to understand MGS1, unlike the sequels where you had to play MGS1 to understand anything that was going on in MGS2 or 4. Three was the exception and the second best game in the series.

Even if they do bring out a 5, I probably won't end up playing it. The series got way to out there with the conspiracies and plot twists. Not to mention the cutscenes, Kojima is in serious need of an editor. Most of the cutscenes in MGS4 where way too long, filled with a lot of unnecessary and repeated dialogue, and had long pauses where nothing happened.

What I'm trying to get at is if MGS continues any longer, it has faces the major problem of being able to nowhere with a story, like most comic books nowadays. How many times has Jean Grey died? How many times has Superman stopped Lex Luthor? How many times can Peter Parker hook up/break up with Mary Jane?

How many times can Big Boss come back from the dead? How many times can Snake stop Ocelot? How many clones of Big Boss can there be?

Are you seeing the pattern?

Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts

Metal Gear is dead to me. People just need to let some game series go, especially those with on going storylines. They tied everything up, doing anymore with the series would either cause complications with the storyline or feel like a cop-out. There is no where else it can go without getting ridiculous.

To me, the only true Metal Gear is Metal Gear Solid for the playstation. It had an atmosphere the other games couldn't touch, felt realistic, and had the best story. More importantly, it had a self contained story. You didn't need play the 8-bit games to understand MGS1, unlike the sequels where you had to play MGS1 to understand anything that was going on in MGS2 or 4. Three was the exception and the second best game in the series.

Even if they do bring out a 5, I probably won't end up playing it. The series got way to out there with the conspiracies and plot twists. Not to mention the cutscenes, Kojima is in serious need of an editor. Most of the cutscenes in MGS4 where way too long, filled with a lot of unnecessary and repeated dialogue, and had long pauses where nothing happened.

What I'm trying to get at is if MGS continues any longer, it has faces the major problem of being able to nowhere with a story, like most comic books nowadays. How many times has Jean Grey died? How many times has Superman stopped Lex Luthor? How many times can Peter Parker hook up/break up with Mary Jane?

How many times can Big Boss come back from the dead? How many times can Snake stop Ocelot? How many clones of Big Boss can there be?

Are you seeing the pattern?

Rick_Henderson

What a great post, I agree 100%.

Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

I don't want an MGS5.

And Ryan didn't confirm it, he was speaking hypothetically. As in, "If they made another MGS game, it would be a prequel of sorts."

jazuzu13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jazuzu13
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts
Well first of all I love Mgs4! Its a perfect game ever. It has to be my favorite shooter/adventure game. I loved the fight with liquid and killing vamp. maybe in mgs5, snake will die and somebody will get revenge for him or something like that. and hopefully there is less cut scenes in mgs5. I dont mind them, the game has a great story, but Im playing the game again on big boss hard and the cut scenes could be annoying, well not really because i can skip them. The whole wedding in mgs4 was neat too lol. I really thought snake was going to shoot himself there for a moment in mgs 4 lol. but he didn't! im still saving up for that special bandana and that stuff that makes you invisable. does that gun, which is alot of money, have unlimited ammo. it says one shot or something.
quin_kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 quin_kun
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Go check out my blog for what i think it should have....lets just say its before mgs2