What do you want to see in Far Cry 4?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Kevlar101
Member since 2011 • 6316 Posts

So, it's not really a secret by now that Ubisoft clearly plans to keep the Far Cry franchise going.

What would you want to see in Far Cry 4, whenever it comes?

There are numerous things I would like to see included:

• New setting. It would be cool if the setting had multiple climates, like rain-forests, savannas, swamps, etc., all in one map. EDIT: as someone below said, a snowy setting would also be more preferable. This would probably call for an even more fictional setting than past Far Cry games. Which leads me to.....

• A big city. Far Cry games have always used little villages and small settlements, but I think it's time to take it a step further. Have the map be like 90% wilderness, but have the other 10% be a dense city, with plenty of people and cars and businesses. This could also allow for expanded parkour as well.

• The ability to change between 1st and 3rd person view. I understand that the 1st person view has always been Far Crys' bread and butter, pulling off a level of immersion that is almost unmatched, especially in FC3. BUT, I still think that having the option to switch between 1st and 3rd person on the fly would be a nice touch.

• Do NOT connect FC4s story to any previous games. This is something that the series has always done, and it has ALWAYS gone towards it's benefit. No matter how good the story or characters are, there should ALWAYS be a fresh story in each Far Cry game. This is what makes the series so special..... without the connecting stories, this allows them to go literally ANYWHERE for each game. The level of freedom potential in creating a new FC game is so prominent, and I hope they don't waste that. They could go literally ANYWHERE with FC4, which brings me to the next point....

• Ubisoft, don't be afraid to go somewhere crazy. There is so much potential for where an FC game could go, they could set it anywhere. I cannot stress this enough.

• Expand the customization options, such as more options for customizing weaponry, and expand it to maybe allow modifying explosives like grenades and C4, and make sure that every weapon has custom design options.

• Expand the hunting mechanic. Make it so that crafting something requires more raw materials. Like, in FC3, crafting a new piece of equipment may require 3 of the same animal. I was thinking, that a way to improve that is by having the required raw materials be a mix of creatures. Like, instead of the same 3 animals, make it require materials from 3 different animal types. This would make the crafting system feel more varied.

• Make it grittier. Make it so that entire limbs can be blown off enemies, stuff like that.

• LESS BUGS. PLEASE. Far Cry 3 was plagued by a ton of game breaking bugs that destroyed all fun all playthroughs after the first. This must be addressed.

• Keep the leveling system. Far Cry 3 had some light role-playing mechanics, and I would like to see this returned.

• Keep the adult tone. FC3 was very mature, and this tone should stay.

That's all I can think of atm.

What would you guys like to see in Far Cry 4?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Think my top 2 would be first person and third person view, then have it be in like a snowy climate would be a nice change from the tropical/jungle settings we already see in past Far Cry games and even Crysis.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kevlar101

@Ballroompirate said:

Think my top 2 would be first person and third person view, then have it be in like a snowy climate would be a nice changefrom the tropical/jungle settings we already see in past Far Cry games and even Crysis.

Ahhh I had forgotten about that. I remember that I thought about that, and it would be really cool. Set it in like..... Canada :P

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4198 Posts

A better story. Far Cry 3 was a step in the right direction, but it was still the cheesiest of video game cheese. Their most interesting character was barely involved in the game -- Vaas -- and the rest of the characters were annoying, cookie-cutter cliches.

Alongside that, keep pumping out the incredibly stunning visuals. I was lucky enough to get a free copy of Far Cry 3 with my 7970 card, and running that game at max settings was outrageous.

SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts

Basically Farcry 1.5, I loved the first one.

Not to bash any further iteration in the series that was just my favorite

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I bought Far Cry 3 within a few days of release. All the bugs I saw were within the first month. I haven't seen any game-breaking bugs after the Rest Outpost patch became available. I once played the game for a 4-5 hour stretch without a single hiccup.

Some thoughts:

1. Far Cry for me always involved the tropics, preferably a tropical island. Move away from that setting and it's not Far Cry anymore to me. But, Ubisoft is welcome to try new IPs.

2. The Far Cry series needs a new game engine.

3. How about an option to have no onscreen aids? Far Cry 3 was patched so the player can turn off aids such as the detection gauge. But, it didn't go far enough because the minimap still couldn't be turned off. I want a clean screen like this (minus Bandicam frame counter, of course):

Avatar image for jasonredemption
jasonredemption

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 17

#7 jasonredemption
Member since 2010 • 691 Posts

The in-game-menu/map from Far Cry 2. More customization options for guns and crafting and even customization with character design. Make it closer to Skyrim with guns. :)

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#8  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Have a story that isn't total ass and make it so bases are respawnable without having to download a patch for it. Also, placing it in a Just Cause 2 type world, with a lot of environmental variety, would be really neat.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

A change of setting but I don't want them to change too much. Far cry 3 was really great imo. Maybe take out the multiplayer put more quality in the singleplayer experience.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

Big City? no frickn way...

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#11 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

@blamix99 said:

A city in a Just Cause 2 type world, where there's deserts, mountains, tropical beaches, and, yes a city section. It needn't be set exclusively in the city.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kevlar101

@turtlethetaffer said:

@blamix99 said:

A city in a Just Cause 2 type world, where there's deserts, mountains, tropical beaches, and, yes a city section. It needn't be set exclusively in the city.

Exactly my point

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Some character customization and modification.

More quality voice acting besides a little here and there.

More replay value and more incentive to do everything. Tie side quests and objects in with story mode and give more rewards than just lore and exp.

A more gritty and home-hitting plot than the previous even though they were good.

Relative characters that aren't so cookie cutter and are semi-interesting.

A non predictable plot with more choices a long the way and user events that force a little bit of immersion.

Make professions more useful and lasting for example once you had all the upgrades in 3 hunting was next to useless.

More survival focused with camping, scavenging, conserving ammo, heat and fatigue.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Honestly FC3 was already pretty great, just make another FC3 with better graphics, good voice actors, huge open map! and pleeeeenty of stuff to dooo. Also they should really expand and advertise the editing mode alot more!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#15 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@jasonredemption said:

The in-game-menu/map from Far Cry 2. More customization options for guns and crafting and even customization with character design. Make it closer to Skyrim with guns. :)

yes deeper customization and crafting would be nice and more different enviroments.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

No no: no city and no snow, that's not FarCry. Make it South America, there's a wide variety of terrains in South America. Also, give it RPG elements: talk to people, reputation system, buying property. Basically remake Boiling Point Road to Hell or its sequel White Gold, except make it good.

brodelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brodelin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts

Improved physics and more dense jungle enviroment. More animals and more varied animal types (snakes crawling on trees, poinsonous spiders and scorpions to watch out for etc.) It would also be great if it were more survival oriented where the animals would be more threatening.

It would also be great if weapons/ammo wouldn't be so easy to obtain and the bow would be your most utilized weapon.

South America would be a great place for the setting with some Aztec/Mayan tombs to explore.

jimmyjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jimmyjammer69
Member since 2008 • 12239 Posts

- Some quality modding tools.

- Destructible environments.

- Shaman abilities. I feel like they shied away from developing hallucinogen-crafting skills. Being able to possess animals on a full moon or something would have been awesome.

- I like the jungle environment; it's a big part of what made the first game and Crysis so much fun. I really don't want to see city-scapes in Far Cry games. :(

- Factions. It might be overly-ambitious, but it would be great to have persistent re-capturing of camps. The seams between missions and open-world elements were a real weak point of FC3 for me. I lost interest pretty quickly after I'd taken all the bases, and control-point reset felt like a bit of a cop-out.

- A sassy transgender protagonist.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Better staging for the shootout. There was only one decent shootout fin Far cry 3 and about that many in the second. Open world just does not bring out the best in shooters.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kevlar101

@Black_Knight_00 said:

No no: no city and no snow, that's not FarCry. Make it South America, there's a wide variety of terrains in South America. Also, give it RPG elements: talk to people, reputation system, buying property. Basically remake Boiling Point Road to Hell or its sequel White Gold, except make it good.

You don't understand.

I am not suggesting to set it exclusively in a city environment. Just part of it. Imagine a Just Cause 2 type world.... 90% of it is wilderness and jungle. 10% is city.

That is what i'm suggesting.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

@Black_Knight_00 said:

You don't understand.

I am not suggesting to set it exclusively in a city environment. Just part of it. Imagine a Just Cause 2 type world.... 90% of it is wilderness and jungle. 10% is city.

That is what i'm suggesting.

Ok then, I can agree with that. It sounded to me as if you were suggesting a complete cityscape and after what happened with Crysis 2 I don't want to see that happening to FarCry.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I don't want to see a city that's not far cry.

IncisionX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -3

#23 IncisionX
Member since 2004 • 214 Posts

I think the idea behind Far cry is you're almost stranded, every FC game so far has been set in semi desolate zones with wildlife but not much human interaction.. if you set it in the city you kind of ruin that aspect... I'd love a climate that changes, forests/jungles are fun by me but it'd be incredibly fun to see the landscape dynamically change around you.

For example ; Snow could cover the mountains making it harder to climb the environments and could impact the way vehicles are handled, also it could change the widlife,thunderstorms could blur vision and have dynamic changes to the scenery like tress falling down in severe storms and places flooding.

The possibilities are endless but if it's anything like FC3 it's a day one purchase for me :)

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bowchicka07

@sukraj said:

I agree. I think a city could possibly take away the games' survival mentality and wilderness aspect. With a city you're more or less doing missions at your own luxury and leisure.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kevlar101

@bowchicka07 said:

@sukraj said:

I agree. I think a city could possibly take away the games' survival mentality and wilderness aspect. With a city you're more or less doing missions at your own luxury and leisure.

God damn it people, do you even read?

I suggested only PART of the map be city.

Imagine a Just Cause 2 type of world. 90% wilderness, 10% city. That is what I suggested.

God-darn-damn people.....

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bowchicka07

@Kevlar101 said:

@bowchicka07 said:

@sukraj said:

Imagine a Just Cause 2 type of world. 90% wilderness, 10% city. That is what I suggested.

Just PART of a game can take away from the immersion.

Yes, we can read but that is why we disagree.

gamerguru100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gamerguru100
Member since 2009 • 12718 Posts

I agree with you, Kevlar. I'd like an urban environment mixed with wilderness. Haters gonna hate.

Kevlar101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Kevlar101

MELEE COMBAT!!!!

I forgot about this. It needs hand-to-hand combat.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I wana see Ninjas , and Babes..... And Ninja Babes !

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

and Baby Ninjas !

Avatar image for platinumking320
platinumking320

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 platinumking320
Member since 2003 • 668 Posts

@Kevlar101 said:

@bowchicka07 said:

@sukraj said:

I understand man. Urban can easily be jungle depending on how dense an area is. 'Industrial districts, subways, Projects or woods and outskirts comes to mind. It doesn't even have to be post-apocalyptic to mesh.

Some folks don't think from an artist's versatile perspective. Most of us cling to the familiar instead of asking how any gameplay facet can be morphed remixed or evolved.