What do you want from Zelda,really?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Go all out,don't be afraid to express yourself and tell us your ideas about TLoZ!

Personally,i want more maturity and seriousness,BETTER stories,better combat mechanics and evolved gameplay.

...and Dindamnit,NO,and i mean NO more casual difficulty!

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

after playing Skyward Sword, i just want Zelda to quit being a tease to Link

Avatar image for almasdeathchild
almasdeathchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 almasdeathchild
Member since 2011 • 8922 Posts

i remember having a discussion about this

i want it to be M rated and give it a darker more grim story

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
Link to actually talk
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

Link to actually talkSweetbackhair

Reminds me of how Game Informer didn't include Link in their heroes list in one of their issues awhile back for that very reason. I thought it was stupid of them to do that crap. Link saves Hyrule a thousand times and commit a thousand brave deeds and what stops him from being a hero, to their eyes, is that he's a mute? Link's always been that way and it's ridiculous that fans expect him to talk.

Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
The Legend of Zelda (specifically A Link to the Past) meets Demon's/Dark Souls. A mature, challenging action-RPG/adventure with more engaging combat in a sprawling, visually impressive world that feels very much lived-in and organic, with numerous quests and multitudes of secrets, an interesting cast of characters with unique personalities or intriguing histories, awe-inspiring boss battles, and, if at all possible, an above average story. Everything a Legend of Zelda game should be at this point. No cutesy graphics. No annoying sidekicks. No tedious, repetitive crap used for padding. And NO gimmicky crap. No motion controls to make me pretend I'm swinging a sword or shooting a bow. No using the Wii Fit Balance Board thingie for riding a mount minigames. No using the Wii U pad to scribble stuff or tap out rhythms to solve puzzles. None of that nonsense. Just straight-up serious gaming.
Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

The Legend of Zelda (specifically A Link to the Past) meets Demon's/Dark Souls. A mature, challenging action-RPG/adventure with more engaging combat in a sprawling, visually impressive world that feels very much lived-in and organic, with numerous quests and multitudes of secrets, an interesting cast of characters with unique personalities or intriguing histories, awe-inspiring boss battles, and, if at all possible, an above average story. Everything a Legend of Zelda game should be at this point. No cutesy graphics. No annoying sidekicks. No tedious, repetitive crap used for padding. And NO gimmicky crap. No motion controls to make me pretend I'm swinging a sword or shooting a bow. No using the Wii Fit Balance Board thingie for riding a mount minigames. No using the Wii U pad to scribble stuff or tap out rhythms to solve puzzles. None of that nonsense. Just straight-up serious gaming.thedarklinglord

You sir,win an internet.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

-The motion based combat mechanics of Skyward Sword (what a huge improvement to the series this was)

-Enemies that force you to be more precise with your sword swings and are tougher to figure out (really push those motion controls to the limits), but keep the ability to take them down multiple ways,

-Bring back a rich explorable, interconnected world

-Have many strong optional side quests. Ideally ones at the level of Majora's Mask.

-Have a story at least half as good as Wind Waker's extremely high calibre tale

-Have a more stylized graphical presentation akin to Wind Waker's

That would be the perfect Zelda to me. Taking all the best parts from the series

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

There is one thing I only want more of: Side quests. The world's are always fun to explore, but it's so much better when more things are happening in the world. I loved MM because it had more side quests. Minish Cap was ok in this area too. I just think side quests fits a game like LoZ so well, and when it lacks in this area, it's quite a disappointment. For example, TP was lacking. The bigger side quests were just getting the rupee suit or the getting the empty bottle from the Goron. There wasn't much else other than that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#10 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts

[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"]Link to actually talkMetamania

Reminds me of how Game Informer didn't include Link in their heroes list in one of their issues awhile back for that very reason. I thought it was stupid of them to do that crap. Link saves Hyrule a thousand times and commit a thousand brave deeds and what stops him from being a hero, to their eyes, is that he's a mute? Link's always been that way and it's ridiculous that fans expect him to talk.

Same with Gordon Freeman from Half Life (at least being mute, I don't know if he was on that list)

lil_zelda_dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#11 lil_zelda_dude
Member since 2006 • 1291 Posts
I dont think its entirely appropriate for Zelda to be more "mature" its always been about that fine balance between the charming light hearted elements, and then its later game darker roots. I feel that it should evolve its gameplay more, and make it much more challenging. It should feel dangerous and full of secrets, I hope that also it adds more RPG elements. But alas, Nintendo will continue to appeal to their majority which is the casual gamer, thanks to their Wii outing.
brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

Zelda needs to get with the modern times & conform to the masses of shooter fans. It needs to be a linear, cover shooter. Picture Zelda meets all modern action games. This is modern times people. No more pleasing the fans, or being a unique adventure game.

Zelda: Modern Battle Gears Of Honor Spartans of Conviction.

knuckl3head

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 knuckl3head
Member since 2009 • 908 Posts

1.) More interactive worlds with more sidequests. I don't want something to the extent of skyrim by any means but I want to be able to pick up a sword or 2 that I don't need to finish the game as well as some items and maybe a tunic. Give me stuff to do and collect off the main story and give me incentive to actually explore every nook and cranny of the overworld.

2.) Bring back magic and the magic meter. Zelda is anything but realistic so why have they stripped Link of this? I want him to be able to cast a couple of spells again like dins fire and to be able to fire the magic arrows ect.

3.) They touched on this a bit in MM. Then they gave Link the wallrun in SS. Give Link some steezy parkour skills! I want him to be able to scale buildings and jump from rooftop to rooftop and such. Some assassins creed type of esque. Obviously keep the hookshot useful but I think this could open some platforming-type experiences and make more areas open for him to get to as well as some cool fighting moves in that nature like being able to jump off the wall into a kick or sword slash or something.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#14 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

- World similar to OoT, where the field is open, and there are many challenging secrets. Example: Skulletas. SS world is rediculous with those dumb "hidden" boxes.

- Darker story. Tired of the kiddish stuff.

- More realistic graphics. TP had really good graphics for its time.

- Skyward Sword's bad guy Ghiraham.......really? He's a gooch. I want more creative bad guys. Not some metrosexual who is confused with his sexual preference.

- A difficulty option.

- More secrets to find. A Link to the Past had a couple hidden items to use, the blue cane and cape. It would be cool to input similar things into next Zelda games.

- Maybe more swords/weapons between the first sword and the master sword. More outfits that have different effects.

- More diverse items. We all expect to get a bow, hookshot, bombs ect. Be more creative with items.

- I personally think instead of a four swords, they could make a 3D twin swords game where offline splitscreen is included. Just my personal thought to be more creative with this game. I mean, who wouldn't like a co-op adventure game where you use teamwork to solve hard puzzles and defeat monsterous bosses? I know I would.

- The Wii remote is fine, but you cannot lay back on the couch and really relax while playing this game because the sensors have to be lined up. A option for the Wii classic remote would be awesome. A must in my view.

- Just overall, the game needs to grow up. Lets get a more immersive battle system, a darker story. Lets have a dark world and light world story again. Dark world would be awesome with this generation graphics.

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts
Just make it less linear, cut back on the handholding, and have plenty of side quests. That's all they need to do. There's no need to reinvent the wheel and there's certainly no need to force "maturity" in it's story. If it's subtle like majora's mask then fine, but trying to be dark and edgy for the sake of it is stupid.
famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
I want what they did in Ocarina of Time Master Quest 3DS version, but in every Zelda. Keep the tutorials and the hand holding for young people and new fans, but give the veterans a brutal challenge.
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
at least give us a harder difficulty right from the start. instead of having to finish the game to unlock harder difficulty. also a giant overworld and lots of side quests. and 240+ hours of game
lloveLamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lloveLamp
Member since 2009 • 2891 Posts
scratch that. I just want the Wind Waker look back
meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
A large, open, living, detailed world. Zelda is too static and lifeless, give me an interactive environment worth exploring.
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#20 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

All I really want is for it to be open-ended like the original. And the return of Second Quests.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pikminmaniac

All I really want is for it to be open-ended like the original. And the return of Second Quests.

King9999

Games with second quests

-The Legend of Zelda

-The Adventure of Link

-Ocarina of Time 3D

-The Oracle games

-The Wind Waker

-Skyward Sword

this is according to the Zelda Wiki. Second quest has been very present in the series including the latest game.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

killerband55

This, Zelda just needs to whip out them tig ol' bitties for once.

King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#23 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts

[QUOTE="King9999"]

Games with second quests

-The Legend of Zelda

-The Adventure of Link

-Ocarina of Time 3D

-The Oracle games

-The Wind Waker

-Skyward Sword

this is according to the Zelda Wiki. Second quest has been very present in the series including the latest game.

Pikminmaniac

Most of those games on that list don't have Second Quests. What I mean by Second Quest is that the world and its dungeons are redesigned, and the game is generally harder, like tougher enemies appearing sooner.

[QUOTE="killerband55"]

contracts420

This, Zelda just needs to whip out them tig ol' bitties for once.

:lol:

Beef_Noodles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Beef_Noodles
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
They need to take the graphics seriously and quit trying to be all artsy and experimental with them. Link doesn't need to talk, I love playing characters who don't speak, allows me to feel more immersed into them and it lets my imagination free a bit. The world should be more open, ocarina of time had just the right amount of openness, but bigger. And in my opinion cut out the motion controls for sword swings. It is so annoying to flick your wrist every time, it gets old fast. It doesn't fool me at all that I'm swinging a real sword.
theonlylolking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 theonlylolking
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts

Get a new place to save or go away.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#27 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Zelda with PS3 graphics.
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 MadVybz
Member since 2009 • 2797 Posts

[QUOTE="Sweetbackhair"]Link to actually talkMetamania

He may be a hero, but he's your average, blank, 'every hero', meaning that he has no character. I wouldn't put Link on any great hero list either, the only game I can think of where Link had any sort of personality (through body language and facial expressions) is Wind Waker.

But what I actually want from Zelda is a fresh new beginning. Maybe a new protagonist or have Zelda play the role as the heroine. I'd also like the games to be far less predictable. As opposed to having the same-old sub weapons and motifs, do a little experimentation. For the most part, Zelda has become incredibly stale.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

Zelda and Link maybe teaming up save Hyrule instead of the same ol damsel in distress crap

More in depth open world to explore like in LTTP and OOT

More complex dugeons to explore and creative ways of discovering them (like in OOT having to put on Iron boots to walk into lake underwater to get to the water temple)

Smarter boss and enemy AI that reacts to how you attack. No boss should be able to be deafeted by spamming sword attacks and just having a shield for looks. Enemies should force you to defend yourself and strategize.

Dark Link villian or something like in OOT

No Wii motion crap or gimmicks. Just a regular standard controller needed to play.

Side quests that are not fetch quests

Some voice acting

Less padding and more creative content

More challenge and NPC's that react to choices you make

A more serious and villianous Ganon and not that metrosexual anatgonist in SS

Nicko2580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 Nicko2580
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts

I already got what I want from the Legend of Zelda franchise. It was called Ocarina of Time. Nuff said really.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

1. have it be a opened world like morrowind or skyrim

2. darker setting, i dont mean like have blood and guts, just darker in story/setting

3. have zelda with a chest like tifas

That's pretty much all I want

m25105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 m25105
Member since 2010 • 3135 Posts
Thank God, Nintendo doesn't listen to you guys.
Nicko2580

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Nicko2580
Member since 2012 • 76 Posts

Thank God, Nintendo doesn't listen to you guys.m25105

lol.

ScorpionTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ScorpionTroll
Member since 2012 • 810 Posts

I want that feeling of fighting against the odds. A Link To The Past and Ocarina of Time (after link became an adult) both created that kind of atmosphere to me. Perhaps the next game the people of Hyrule could already be living in opression and darkness and Link rebels and arises to liberate them or something?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#35 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts
Thank God, Nintendo doesn't listen to you guys.m25105
Ha ha :P
Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
What's up with all the people wanting a darker story for the sake of having a darker story? Don't we already have enough games this gen that only use different shades of brown for their color palate?
MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MadVybz

What's up with all the people wanting a darker story for the sake of having a darker story? Don't we already have enough games this gen that only use different shades of brown for their color palate?Moriarity_
Twilight Princess had a pretty darker tone compared to other Zelda games, and it was just as colorful as the rest. Which goes to show that a darker story doesn't necessarily mean a darker color palette.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17701 Posts
Stop taking me for an idiot and holding my hand. I'll not play one more Zelda as long as they continue to do this. And don't take forever and a day to start getting to the exciting part. Zelda ALWAYS starts off so slow I'm bored out of my mind to the point I don't continue playing. The way a game starts is the most crucial time and should make a good impression and give motivation. Look back to AlttP and start the game off with a bang like it did instead of herding sheep and running errands and teaching me to fight by giving me a wooden sword to attack dummuies after two hours of mundane tasks. Real fun. These are my main gripes but not my only ones. There's many other changes I'd like to see but can't be bothered to elaborate. Zelda, plainly put, is boring and patronizing. I'll go play some games that credit me with having a brain.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pikminmaniac

[QUOTE="Moriarity_"]What's up with all the people wanting a darker story for the sake of having a darker story? Don't we already have enough games this gen that only use different shades of brown for their color palate?MadVybz

Twilight Princess had a pretty darker tone compared to other Zelda games, and it was just as colorful as the rest. Which goes to show that a darker story doesn't necessarily mean a darker color palette.

correct me if I'm wrong, but Twilight princess was very much lacking in colour variety in comparison with the rest of the series

MadVybz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MadVybz

[QUOTE="MadVybz"]

[QUOTE="Moriarity_"]What's up with all the people wanting a darker story for the sake of having a darker story? Don't we already have enough games this gen that only use different shades of brown for their color palate?Pikminmaniac

correct me if I'm wrong, but Twilight princess was very much lacking in colour variety in comparison with the rest of the series

Not really. The only Zelda games that were really vibrant with color were the ones that deliberately made an effort to have a cartoon-ish art style (WW, Minish Cap, Skyward Sword). The rest are more or less on par with each other.

I just finished re-playing TP recently and its color palette was no better or worse than OoT, Majora's Mask, or LttP; Loads of greenery, blue skies, etc.

theonlylolking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 theonlylolking
Member since 2010 • 152 Posts
Stop taking me for an idiot and holding my hand. I'll not play one more Zelda as long as they continue to do this. And don't take forever and a day to start getting to the exciting part. Zelda ALWAYS starts off so slow I'm bored out of my mind to the point I don't continue playing. The way a game starts is the most crucial time and should make a good impression and give motivation. Look back to AlttP and start the game off with a bang like it did instead of herding sheep and running errands and teaching me to fight by giving me a wooden sword to attack dummuies after two hours of mundane tasks. Real fun. These are my main gripes but not my only ones. There's many other changes I'd like to see but can't be bothered to elaborate. Zelda, plainly put, is boring and patronizing. I'll go play some games that credit me with having a brain. MirkoS77
So true, zelda is slow and boring. By time you get past the boring part many people would stop playing and probably sell the game.