What do you think of the game Hogwarts legacy?

ipearshd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 ipearshd
Member since 2023 • 2 Posts

I am a fan of the harry potter license as well as the movies as the books nevertheless I remained on my end compared to Hogwarts Legacy. I would have liked to have the opinion of other passionate players

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Nirgal  Online
Member since 2019 • 680 Posts

I think that for this game in particular, it will be hard to get an opinion that is not influenced by the animosity some people have against the author of the harry potter books.

But i wish you good luck anyway.

Ps: i haven't played it so can't comment on the actual game.

The_Vampress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3 The_Vampress
Member since 2006 • 6472 Posts

This game is gorgeous and is definitely worth a play. Forget Harry Potter, this is Hogwarts. XD Lots of stuff to do besides the main story if you enjoy exploring, doing puzzles and side quests. I've spent just over 80 hrs exploring every nook and cranny and doing all the extra stuff I can while doing supplementing main story. Still have yet to finish the game as there has been so much to do.

Has been worth every penny!

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#4 GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

It was alright for about 10 hours or so, then it became boring slog. I beat the main story and the majority of side missions, but it was really a mediocre open-world action adventure game that played on everyone's nostalgia for Harry Potter.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 DEVILinIRON  Online
Member since 2006 • 8771 Posts

It was decent. Certain details I enjoyed, like the library area.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@gns said:

It was alright for about 10 hours or so, then it became boring slog. I beat the main story and the majority of side missions, but it was really a mediocre open-world action adventure game that played on everyone's nostalgia for Harry Potter.

I haven't played it yet, but this has been my concern with what I've seen of it... it seems very slow paced and overly cinematic.

I'll give it a go one day since I'm a big HP fan, but for the right price. It'd be good if it came to Game Pass.

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

As someone who is not a mega Harry Potter fan, I found the game pretty enjoyable.

And by enjoyable I mean for a licensed game.

The combat is like Batman Arkham games and gets pretty boring after a while. Build up combo, occasionally dodge, press two face buttons for a finisher and repeat. Enemy variety was greatly lacking too.

The main missions are decent and the game is well polished. The game world and atmosphere really does capture the essence of the books.

The end game can be a slog requiring you to pretty much do a good majority of the lackluster side stuff to get the “true” end.

I’d give it 7/10.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8 GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: I left a small review of the game a while back, maybe that will help: https://www.gamespot.com/hogwarts-legacy/user-reviews/2200-12857957/

NoelArchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NoelArchie
Member since 2023 • 1 Posts

The game has generated a lot of excitement among fans of the Harry Potter including me, it promises to offer a new and immersive experience in the wizarding world. However, there has also been some controversy surrounding the game, particularly around the involvement of one of the game's lead designers, who has been criticized for his past controversial statements and behavior.
Regards: pintdd.com

agathastephen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By agathastephen
Member since 2023 • 2 Posts

The game has generated excitement among Harry Potter fans, who are eagerly anticipating the chance to delve deeper into the Wizarding World and create their own stories within it. However, the game has also faced criticism due to the involvement of J.K. Rowling, the creator of the Harry Potter franchise https://billonline.pk/gepco-online-bill/ who has been accused of making transphobic comments. This has led to concerns about the game's potential portrayal of trans and non-binary characters.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

The game was good. One of the better open world RPG in the past few years.