What do you think is the best year for gaming so far in the 2010's

#1 Posted by warmblur (2165 posts) -

This decade is coming to a end looking back what do you think is the strongest year for gaming? for me I'm going to have say 2013 I think it rivals 1998 anyway what year do you think was the strongest for gaming in the 10's so far?

2013 in no order, side note I'm only putting games that I played and enjoyed I know I'm missing alot of games that came out that year.

• Assassin Creed 4 Black Flag
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • DMC
  • Tomb Raider reboot
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  • Batman Arkham Origins
  • Metro Last Light
  • The Last of Us
  • Remember me
  • Splinter Cell Blacklist
  • Saint Row 4
  • GTAV
#2 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20506 posts) -

2017, for me:

• Gravity Rush 2
  • Yakuza 0
  • Nioh
  • Persona 5
  • Sonic Mania
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Nier: Automata
  • Metroid: Samus Returns
  • Divinity: Original Sin 2
  • Cuphead
  • PUBG

6 of those are in my top 10 of the gen.

+ Even though I don't like either, these were still a big deal:

• BotW
  • Mario Odyssey
#3 Posted by Speeny (1515 posts) -

2017 for me as well. 2019 has been pretty good so far too.

#4 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6682 posts) -

@Renegade_Fury: Add Hollow Knight and Horizon Zero Dawn and the list is complete. :)

Yeah it's a tie between 2013 and 2017. But from those list l've played most games from 2013.

Avatar image for storm_of_swords
#5 Posted by storm_of_swords (2749 posts) -

2017 by far.

Prior to 2017, I was very down on the whole modern gaming scene as I felt that I wasn't getting much of the types of games that I want anymore and then 2017 came along and delivered Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Sonic Mania, Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, PUBG, and Cuphead. Those seven games that I just listed are all in my top 10 games of this entire generation and they were all released in the same year. 2017 rocked!

#6 Posted by sakaiXx (5316 posts) -

2013. Ni no Kuni and The Last of Us made it amazing for me. Got some pretty fun games too like GTA V and AC4

Honorable mentions to 2015 and 2017. In 2015 we got Bloodborne, which is the best souls game ever made and some other notable releases like witcher 3 and mgsv. 2017 we got Nier, yakuza 0 and Persona 5, which is really great year in my book.

#7 Posted by Yams1980 (3435 posts) -

Hard to pick an exact year. There's been a couple games each year in the last decade i've liked.

However, 2010 was pretty strong, it had Civilization 5, Starcraft 2 and Fallout New Vegas; all games I liked and even have them still installed on my PC.

#8 Posted by Malflft (6 posts) -

Witcher 3: Wild hunt, no questions about it imo.

Dark Souls, God of War, Gta 5 and Red Dead 2 might come sort of close but still not enough to really challenge it.