spynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 spynx
Member since 2006 • 39 Posts

I've been playing games for years and I love it. I like the different worlds and the ability to roam in some of them, the tropical islands of farcry3, GTA V, etc. I also enjoy gameplay too esp. fps and Mirror's Edge free running. Ultimately, gaming has helped me to keep out problems in the real world.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Normal gaming really doesn't do anything for me anymore. VR is what I'm looking forward to it's good now but I want the VR headset from 30 years right now. Better yet I want to upload my consciousness into a server farm where I can live in countless fantasies for eternity I dream big what can I say.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 palasta
Member since 2017 • 1392 Posts

Not much. It got quiet boring, mainstreamlined. Low standards, technically and creatively, trying to subsidize shortcomings with politics.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#4 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11670 Posts

What do you get from Gaming?

Joy. Mostly from fundamental challenge on my reflexes, senses, and mind.

It's a harsh stance, though I think if you are not entertained with the games you are playing either drastically change the kind of games you buy, or pack-up shop and give up on the hobby. Why invest in something you do not enjoy?

I don't buy a lot of garbage; and do my best avoid developers/ publishers that do a bad job from the only aspect that matters_ gameplay

Not against story or graphics, however I do not need either at pinnacle quality (though story games rarely do an average job anyway). Am playing video games to play video games, not sentimental-walking simulator fluff.

lucidique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 150

#5 lucidique
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

@warmblur said:

Normal gaming really don't do anything for me anymore. VR is what I'm looking forward to it's good now but I want the VR headset from 30 years right now. Better yet I want to upload my consciousness into a server farm where I can live in countless fantasies for eternity I dream big what can I say.

Really? I mean, the current offerings are so limited. I don't really see how VR would take precedent over regular games?

Is it just about the perspective?

I'm genuinely curious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-63d1ad7651984

@lucidique said:
@warmblur said:

Normal gaming really don't do anything for me anymore. VR is what I'm looking forward to it's good now but I want the VR headset from 30 years right now. Better yet I want to upload my consciousness into a server farm where I can live in countless fantasies for eternity I dream big what can I say.

Really? I mean, the current offerings are so limited. I don't really see how VR would take precedent over regular games?

Is it just about the perspective?

I'm genuinely curious.

It's about full immersion into fantasy, feeling like you are the main character in a video game rather then controlling a avatar on a screen. VR has a long way to go of course flat screen gaming is better right now but TBH it's getting a bit stale for me I still enjoy it but not like I use to. I want gaming to go to the next level and I believe that's VR as long as tech keeps improving this likely will replace traditional gaming in 20 years.

Avatar image for Alexander2cents
Alexander2cents

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#8 Alexander2cents
Member since 2012 • 705 Posts

I get inspiration from gaming.

I want to become a game maker so I get a good idea of what the market wants and doesn't.

I also got a new point of view. A warping of my reality if you will.

GNS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#9  Edited By GNS
Member since 2015 • 921 Posts

Many many years ago video-games, prior to actually learning English in school, was one of the main language-learning sources for me. Nowadays... I do not get anything from them, per se, except mild interest; I just use them to waste time, if I feel like it.

Robbie23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Robbie23
Member since 2015 • 2078 Posts

Narrative, I like a good story with awesome characters.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56087 Posts

From a PC gamers perspective, I enjoy tinkering my gaming rig to be the best it can be and play all sorts of games putting it to the test and most of all, enjoyment of the game itself on my build rig and talk about the game to other gamers around the world. That's how I get my enjoyment out of a game. The experience is their and so is the fun in gaming since playing video games is my life long passion. I been gaming since 1993 from consoles to handhelds, and now PC.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

It depends on the game and what I'm looking to get out of my experience. Sometimes I want some challenging gameplay with a game that has a solid system. That kind of satisfaction took me through nearly 130 runs on Hades, for example.

Other times I'm more about the story and getting some emotional impact out of it. Telltale games, Dontnod games, The Last of Us series are good examples. Sometimes the experience doesn't make you feel better (TLoU2 is pretty soul crushing on many levels) but games shouldn't just be about fun all the time. It's a whole medium, and like movies or TV shows that medium should be able to provide a lot of different types of experiences.

Other times I enjoy just the exploration of a place that isn't real. Big open world games can be good for that, but open world is a mixed bag often. When it's done well it's amazing, but most implementations do it because it's expected or to artificially lengthen gameplay by adding a thousand collectibles or fetch quests. I regard it similar to how I regard found footage films. Found footage can be an incredibly effective tool for audience engagement, but more often than not it's just used as a tool to reduce production costs so the majority of found footage films aren't that great.

For exploration games, VR can be an awesome tool. I also really enjoy VR games because sometimes the thing I want to do is move rather than sit on my couch. Some VR games can be fairly physically engaging.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Gaming sometimes helped my depression especially in the past. One of the coolest things that ever happen to me about 4 years ago or so. I was feeling really down this one day and I decided to play F.E.A.R. but on my Oculus Rift and I was just staring at a wall in the game and for whatever reason all of sudden I got this huge serotonin boost in my head like someone gave me a drug or something. It's just amazing that it triggered my neurotransmitter to release serotonin I felt great the rest of the night.

Speeny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 19

#15 Speeny
Member since 2018 • 3357 Posts

It depends. But, I think what comes down to it for me is the escapism and routine I get from it. It helps me relax. I become invested and just enjoy the experience.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#16 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

A healthy expression of rage.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 284 Posts

According to my uncle ,it's another medium of entertainment that has a very high potential to rot your brain... I wouldn't know ,I'm just lucky that I even find the time to remember...Oh yeah that used to be my favorite past time as a kid and that it's okay to come back to it as long as it's done in moderation

Twin86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Twin86
Member since 2021 • 12 Posts

Different Games bring different things.

"League of Legends" for example can bring frustration very quickly and has a pretty toxic community, but still, I keep playing it.
Game like "Guild Wars 2", "Path of Exile" and "Norroth" bring a lot more fun and community feel. A feel of making progression.

I mostly enjoy games in a medieval fantasy setting.

Ottyandthedj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Ottyandthedj
Member since 2020 • 113 Posts

I have a lot of fun gaming, there's always the great sense of exploration and big events in video games that makes it worthwhile. I also like to read quite a bit, so the story telling in games and the stories all together bring together the experience for me.