uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 2

#1 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 36021 Posts

So, we basically know more or less Resident Evil 3 is development (unofficially), what do you expect and want of it to ensure the best possible remake?

Couple of rando suggestions -

• Alternate play-mode with fixed perspective with tweaked controls.
  • The visual novel like (limited) decisions of the original expanded upon greatly whereby it can maximise as many outcomes as possible similar to something like Blade Runner 1997 without feeling diluted.
  • Nemesis to be used more sparingly, and with a more pronounced difference in each encounter
  • Carlos Oliveira greatly expanded upon as a B scenario
  • The zombie count (as per 3) greatly upped
  • Better rewards for defeating Nemesis that carry over playthroughs

ourworldsatwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 ourworldsatwar
Member since 2019 • 3 Posts

1. Definitely don't want fixed perspective at this point. That's over and done with. If you want fixed perspective, I'm sure you can mod it like fans did with the RE2 Remake.

2. Nemesis should be all over RE3 Remake. I feel he should drop in unexpectedly throughout the entire game. Maybe even in Hardcore mode, he can enter Safe Rooms. That would be a gamechanger.

3. Carlos should have an extensive DLC that comes with the game but not as extensive as Jill's scenario. She's the most important character of that game so she should get most of the attention. Also, Marvin and Brad should have their own DLCs for RE3.

4. Zombie count should definitely be upped since Jill starts her escape right when the zombie outbreak initially happens.

5. No rewards for defeating Nemesis. This is not 1999 where things magically appear on the antagonist of the game. That's silly. Keep it realistic like RE2 was.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#3 CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25531 Posts

Outfits!

Lots and lots of outfits!

Image result for perv reaction gif
SaltSlasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SaltSlasher
Member since 2015 • 1376 Posts

Everything.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 6389 Posts

I just want a longer playthrough and, sexier Jill.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@ourworldsatwar said:

5. No rewards for defeating Nemesis. This is not 1999 where things magically appear on the antagonist of the game. That's silly. Keep it realistic like RE2 was.

Resident Evil 2 had a giant crocodile you run away from, a romantic relationship scene while dead people are walking around and a crashed helicopter with a dead crew is 5 feet away and medication primarily given through plants doted throughout a police station, along with goofy costumes and unlocks in the form of bazookas, where you fight bosses with giant balls and can defeat the ultimate boss by slashing it with a knife.

It's not realistic, friend.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By CTR360
Member since 2007 • 8761 Posts

i want RE3 Remake its same scary like RE2 Remake

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#8 RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 8715 Posts

Already made a thread about this months back and still think some of those ideas will come to pass.

Brad Vickers is probably no longer getting infected the same way as prior, Jill Valentine may have a dog companion, Umbrella Mercenaries are going to be heavily rewritten. With Nikolai Zinoviev playing a bigger role.

Producer Hirabayashi Yoshiaki san already stated before release that if Remake 2 is successful the remake of the third game will go in full production. Based on sales and critical acclaim that would seem to be happening.

Now what I would like is the Pursuer to be aggressive and less passive as the Tyrant, who took his time walking. A way to make a sprinting Pursuer less intimidating is have the maps more focused on the city and park to compensate more mobility to the player, let Jill and Carlos also have more control on what they can jump over or duck behind.

I also expect the parry system to be reworked for the new game as well.

Otherwise I think follow the Remake 2 example and try and be a greatest hits of the franchise. Double down on horror, challenging encounters, and lack of resources.

ourworldsatwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ourworldsatwar

@uninspiredcup: It's even more unrealistic when you're pulling weapons out of a tyrant's asshole. They should leave that out of the game entirely.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 uninspiredcup  Online
@ourworldsatwar said:

@uninspiredcup: It's even more unrealistic when you're pulling weapons out of a tyrant's asshole. They should leave that out of the game entirely.

It makes more sense with Nemesis as he is engineered using weapons.

It wouldn't need anything actually falling out of him. Simply imitating a menu for "you have found" would eliminate it entirely.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 R-Gamer
Member since 2019 • 1067 Posts

I want them to do exactly what they did with the RE2 remake. Not sure why people keep asking for a fixed perspective. It is a terribly outdated gameplay mechanic.

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3208 Posts
@r-gamer said:

Not sure why people keep asking for a fixed perspective. It is a terribly outdated gameplay mechanic.

It's always so...

going on mainstream sites reading stuff like this.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RSM-HQ
@ourworldsatwar said:

Actually in the original translation The Pursuer collected weapons from people he has killed as a trophy. This is why we find things like shotguns and pistols on his person.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By R-Gamer

@bussinrounds: I feel the same way when I see people demand it. It makes me cringe. I've grew up on RE I played all of them with a fixed perspective and at the the time it worked, but it is terribly outdated . It's main purpose was because of technology limitations and we have people still demanding it as a feature? Here's an idea if you want to play the fixed perspective go back and play the original.

I hear people bitch about how gameplay never evolves and these same people are demanding 20 year old gameplay mechanics return.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uninspiredcup  Online
@r-gamer said:

@bussinrounds: I feel the same way when I see people demand it. It makes me cringe. I've grew up on RE I played all of them with a fixed perspective and at the the time it worked, but it is terribly outdated . It's main purpose was because of technology limitations and we have people still demanding it as a feature? Here's an idea if you want to play the fixed perspective go back and play the original.

At the time there were plenty of fully 3D games, including horror titles. Even on the same platform we had 3D Resident Evil game.

Loading Video...

Code Veronica was fully 3D as was Dead Aim.

The original was remade with a fixed perspective, it's significantly better and generally considered one of the best survival horror titles of all time.

Loading Video...

The problems didn't come from the perspective but the game balance, where by each room reset and enemies were easy to get past. Which persists in all of them, including RE2 but to a much lesser degree than any of the other main entries.

ourworldsatwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ourworldsatwar

@RSM-HQ: Show me where Capcom has said this and I'll believe you.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By R-Gamer

@uninspiredcup: Code Veronica still had a fixed perspective most the game not sure what your talking about. It allowed them to max the Dreamcast and PS2 to focus their rendering budgets on fixed frames.

As for Dead aim it was at the expense of decent visuals. 3D environments back then looked like trash so the only way to keep the amazing atmosphere and graphics was to do pre-rendered backgrounds which requiresd a fixed perspective. In the GC era they were finally able to make decent visuals with 3D environments and you saw them move away from the fixed perspective while maintaining quality visuals in RE4. RE2 remake is considered by many to be the best RE if all time as it took what works with the over the shoulder perspective( actually being able to aim) yet managed to keep the survival horror elements.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@r-gamer said:

@uninspiredcup: Code Veronica still had a fixed perspective most the game not sure what your talking about.

That's a design decision, not a limitation.

@r-gamer said:

@uninspiredcup:

As for Dead aim it was at the expense of decent visuals. 3D environments back then looked like trash so the only way to keep the amazing atmosphere and graphics was to do pre-rendered backgrounds which requiresd a fixed perspective.

Silent Hill.

The environments in Remake still arguably look better than any RE game, including 2's remake.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R-Gamer

@uninspiredcup: No silent hill touches RE visually with the exception of the unreleased one.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 uninspiredcup  Online
@r-gamer said:

@uninspiredcup: No silent hill touches RE visually with the exception of the unreleased one.

Not the point. Was fully 3D on PS1 tech and arguably a more effective horror game than RE1, including atmosphere, with a strong emphasis on audio and lighting which was not achievable on the original RE1 game.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By R-Gamer

@uninspiredcup: RE2 remake is by far the best looking RE. But the original remake was far ahead of it's time visually and was not possible without pre-rendered backgrounds which required fixed camera angles. Fixed camera has so many drawbacks from a gameplay perspective that destroys the atmosphere.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@r-gamer said:

@uninspiredcup: RE2 remake is by far the best looking RE.

Models use, environment is still debatable.

REmake (unlike the original) integrates the lighting with the pre-rendered backgrounds.

The only thing that lets it down (and it's not that big of deal as they are stylised) is the models. Otherwise, in my opinion it's a literally, perfect looking game where art-direction and technoligy are in pitch-perfect balance.

It basically does not age.. The HD remaster just updated a few effects on a very old game, because it was already fantastic looking in the first place.

R-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R-Gamer

@uninspiredcup: but would thise visuals have been possible in that era without fixed camera angles? The answer is NO!

dude_sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dude_sh
Member since 2019 • 21 Posts

1.far better destructible environments... Re2 remake felt very static in that era, like we in the 90's again, you cant even break simple lamps.

2.better physics for shooting and zombies.

3.to build it only for next gen systems and pc, aka ps5 for full potential and no loading screens.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RSM-HQ
@dude_sh said:

1.far better destructible environments... Re2 remake felt very static in that era, like we in the 90's again, you cant even break simple lamps.

Umm. . Wha?

I think you want Red Faction dood.

A gimmick like that would be wasted resources in a game like Resident Evil 2 Remake. It's pretty complacent in-not going back to how Resident Evil 6 handled the franchise.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@RSM-HQ said:
@dude_sh said:

Umm. . Wha?

I think you want Red Faction dood.

A gimmick like that would be wasted resources in a game like Resident Evil 2 Remake. It's pretty complacent in-not going back to how Resident Evil 6 handled the franchise.

I agree, use it in games that make sense. Resident Evil was never a game about environmental damage, they correctly focus on the things relevant to the gameplay.

Douglas129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Douglas129
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

Its A lot of fun..