What could possibly be the worst that can happen to gaming community (opinions)

Avatar image for serialkisser
serialkisser

300

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By serialkisser
Member since 2006 • 300 Posts

ok i agree i have got nothing else to do so i thought to post this what users think that could happen in future which would be worst for gaming community as a whole.

My worst nightmare:

cd projekt red is bought by EA.

Avatar image for Sam3231
Sam3231

2670

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 263

User Lists: 0

#2 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2670 Posts

@serialkisser said:

ok i agree i have got nothing else to do so i thought to post this what users think that could happen in future which would be worst for gaming community as a whole.

My worst nightmare:

cd projekt red is bought by EA.

I would actually find that very amusing.

I personally think we are already in a waking nightmare as Kojima may never direct another Metal Gear Solid game again.

Avatar image for wiouds
wiouds

6233

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

All games are digital only.

Dropping DLC and changing price with it.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

4939

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

$60 SINGLE PLAYER games including micro transactions

oh wait this is already happening

Avatar image for rockfield
RockField

507

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#5 RockField
Member since 2017 • 507 Posts

Physical copies of the game will no longer exist and the piracy will continue.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

77

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#6 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Anita Sarkeesian becomes a lawmaker.

Avatar image for henrythefifth
henrythefifth

2502

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#7 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

All games are released as unfinished, buggy mess, and you need to wait a month for the 20GB update before you can actually play them.

Oh, wait, that's already happening!

Another thing that could happen is people start thinking trophies are important part of games...

Avatar image for Archangel3371
Archangel3371

38942

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#10 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 38942 Posts

The video game market crashes like it did in the 80's. Thankfully I don't see this happening again.

Avatar image for Black96Z
Black96Z

920

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 920 Posts

Develpers lossing their freedom of speach and forced to make games/aspects that they dont want to put into their games.

Avatar image for wiouds
wiouds

6233

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

Gamers get to pick for the price of games and DLC.

Only small indie developers make games.

Avatar image for jdc6305
jdc6305

5058

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#13 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I've been playing video games since 1980. Loot box micro transactions are the worst thing I've ever seen. Now they're starting to do it with single player. I might just be done with modern gaming. I have a game collection that spans 30 years 500 games. I hear the kiddies like to throw $20 or $30 at a game just to role the dice. I'm not going to do it. I can take the same amount to a real casino and have a chance to win thousands. I have better odds at the casino then loot crates. At least in a casino by law they have to pay back a certain amount. I've hit my share of jackpots and walked out with thousands.

Avatar image for glitch-
Glitch-

287

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

If they stopped making games.

Avatar image for joshrmeyer
JoshRMeyer

11895

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 11895 Posts

Worst scenario: Home consoles are extinct, all games go to win 10 PC, mobile phones are the new handhelds.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

176873

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 176873 Posts

@wiouds said:

All games are digital only.

That.........

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
mrbojangles25

54186

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 54186 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@wiouds said:

All games are digital only.

That.........

This has literally been one of a very few of the best things that has happened in the past 20 years to gaming. I think it's been about that long (well, when did Half-Life 2 come out? 2004? so 13 years) since I've purchased a hard copy of a game and I don't miss it one bit.

More selection, greater availability

Cheaper games

Can take my library anywhere my PC goes

No big collection that requires multiple boxes and tons of space to store all my games.

Only downside is I can't trade in my games, but given that I probably spend about 20-30 dollars on average per game, I can live with that.

@jdc6305 said:

I've been playing video games since 1980. Loot box micro transactions are the worst thing I've ever seen. Now they're starting to do it with single player. I might just be done with modern gaming. I have a game collection that spans 30 years 500 games. I hear the kiddies like to throw $20 or $30 at a game just to role the dice. I'm not going to do it. I can take the same amount to a real casino and have a chance to win thousands. I have better odds at the casino then loot crates. At least in a casino by law they have to pay back a certain amount. I've hit my share of jackpots and walked out with thousands.

Was pissed when Sniper Elite 4 came out and they wanted me to drop money on singleplayer DLC for weapon skins and rifles. Not even any extra maps, just some token rifles. It's like, c'mon guys, make the game fully featured, include all the shit in there.

Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Avatar image for LJS9502_basic
LJS9502_basic

176873

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 176873 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@wiouds said:

All games are digital only.

That.........

This has literally been one of a very few of the best things that has happened in the past 20 years to gaming. I think it's been about that long (well, when did Half-Life 2 come out? 2004? so 13 years) since I've purchased a hard copy of a game and I don't miss it one bit.

More selection, greater availability

Cheaper games

Can take my library anywhere my PC goes

No big collection that requires multiple boxes and tons of space to store all my games.

Only downside is I can't trade in my games, but given that I probably spend about 20-30 dollars on average per game, I can live with that.

That doesn't mean it needs to go digital only. I like to physically have the media I buy. And I'm not the only one.

Avatar image for wiouds
wiouds

6233

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@wiouds said:

All games are digital only.

That.........

This has literally been one of a very few of the best things that has happened in the past 20 years to gaming. I think it's been about that long (well, when did Half-Life 2 come out? 2004? so 13 years) since I've purchased a hard copy of a game and I don't miss it one bit.

More selection, greater availability

Cheaper games

Can take my library anywhere my PC goes

No big collection that requires multiple boxes and tons of space to store all my games.

Only downside is I can't trade in my games, but given that I probably spend about 20-30 dollars on average per game, I can live with that.

@jdc6305 said:

I've been playing video games since 1980. Loot box micro transactions are the worst thing I've ever seen. Now they're starting to do it with single player. I might just be done with modern gaming. I have a game collection that spans 30 years 500 games. I hear the kiddies like to throw $20 or $30 at a game just to role the dice. I'm not going to do it. I can take the same amount to a real casino and have a chance to win thousands. I have better odds at the casino then loot crates. At least in a casino by law they have to pay back a certain amount. I've hit my share of jackpots and walked out with thousands.

Was pissed when Sniper Elite 4 came out and they wanted me to drop money on singleplayer DLC for weapon skins and rifles. Not even any extra maps, just some token rifles. It's like, c'mon guys, make the game fully featured, include all the shit in there.

Cheap, cheap, cheap.

Digital give too much power to companies. For example, companies have no problem with single player DLC.

I know the whining about the DLC is more about gamer greed, and they are not a true negative element in gaming. It is to show that companies can easily do things that some gamers do not like.

Avatar image for CheekyIchi
CheekyIchi

739

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#20 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

More divisive actions by game companies.