What classic game would you like to see remastered today

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 FanboyMcTroll
Member since 2017 • 274 Posts

It seems like a lot of old games get the re-mastered treatment, so what game or series of games would you like to see re-mastered. Maybe a classic game from long ago that still holds some nostalgia in your heart. Now imagine it today with a graphic upgrade, sound, what game would you love to see re-mastered and play again.

I personally would love to see any of the old Sierra games re-mastered like Space Quest, Police Quest or Colonels Bequest (I know they did Kings Quest and I loved it)

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

-Both Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (not by EA please)

-Morrowind, or just the next chapter of the Elder Scrolls

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Legend of Dragoon

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

the reason they get remastered is because the do not have to pay for any creativity but already a demand.

its literally because its cheap and easy money.

to your question I think there is too much to explore in new possibilities to be stuck on remakes. we are just in the past few years discovering that games do not have to be mainly about combat to also be compelling, we need to move more forward with new ideas and explore where that takes us.

and stop living in the boondocks with no internet connection buying game guides in print :)

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FanboyMcTroll

@tryit: What you don't believe in nostalgia? By the way I love living in the boondocks LOL

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

There are quite a few that I’d love to see remastered but Chrono Cross would be at the top of my list.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By RSM-HQ
Member since 2009 • 11669 Posts

Probably Dragon's Crown as number one, I want more of my friends to try this classic. Which is already about to be ported very soon, and for those that want to stick with PS3/ Vita? the overall changes in the game was patched recently to be exactly the same as the upcoming PS4 release, this includes new music, improved UI, more levels, and bosses (free update). Past gen can coop with the Remaster as well, and also comes with a save data conversion option to boot.

Vanillaware thought of everything with this PS4 port and I commend them for it.

@tryit:

to your question I think there is too much to explore in new possibilities to be stuck on remakes.

Remasters and Remakes are vastly different practises.

A Remaster is the new terminology for 'port', and ports are not new to gaming in any fashion. Most they do 'usually' is throw an older game in a visual filter. You should look how many ports D00M(1993) has, and come back to this discussion.

Remakes are entirely new games because they overhaul with all new assets and ideas, if you haven't seen what was done with Monkey Island or Resident Evil for how a good remake functions? that's you coming into the conversation without any prep_

A remake focuses on modernising games while appealing to its core fanbase, level design is usually restructured as is the gameplay mechanics.

A good remake is usually just a new game entirely. I write 'usually' because we've had more bad remakes; that don't know what they're doing with the IP, than good/ knowing the potential in polishing and modernising a beloved older game. Shadow of the Beast (2016) is a good example of an awful remake.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#8 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

Max Payne 1 & 2

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

Close Combat 3 would be awesome with today technologies.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FanboyMcTroll

@Sam3231: What about Max Payne 3?, I never played that one

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

- Chrono Cross

- Vectorman

- Brave Fencer Musashi

- Xenogears

- Heart of Darkness

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts
  • GTASA and Vice City in the RAGE engine with with modern gameplay
  • Max Payne 1 and 2 in the Rage engine no gameplay changes!!
  • Batttlefield 2 in the frostbite engine no gameplay changes!!
  • Medal of Honor Allied Assault in the frostbite engine no gameplay changes!!
Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#13 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

@fanboymctroll: That game's pretty recent though. It doesn't need to be remastered.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TryIt

@fanboymctroll said:

@tryit: What you don't believe in nostalgia? By the way I love living in the boondocks LOL

I do like living the boondocks to be fair, nostalgia not so much.

mostly because the best years of my entire life is right now. So when I get much older and sick I will likely reflect on this time now

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TryIt

@RSM-HQ said:

Probably Dragon's Crown as number one, I want more of my friends to try this classic. Which is already about to be ported very soon, and for those that want to stick with PS3/ Vita? the overall changes in the game was patched recently to be exactly the same as the upcoming PS4 release, this includes new music, improved UI, more levels, and bosses (free update). Past gen can coop with the Remaster as well, and also comes with a save data conversion option to boot.

Vanillaware thought of everything with this PS4 port and I commend them for it.

@tryit:

to your question I think there is too much to explore in new possibilities to be stuck on remakes.

Remasters and Remakes are vastly different practises.

A Remaster is the new terminology for 'port', and ports are not new to gaming in any fashion. Most they do 'usually' is throw an older game in a visual filter. You should look how many ports D00M(1993) has, and come back to this discussion.

Remakes are entirely new games because they overhaul with all new assets and ideas, if you haven't seen what was done with Monkey Island or Resident Evil for how a good remake functions? that's you coming into the conversation without any prep_

A remake focuses on modernising games while appealing to its core fanbase, level design is usually restructured as is the gameplay mechanics.

A good remake is usually just a new game entirely. I write 'usually' because we've had more bad remakes; that don't know what they're doing with the IP, than good/ knowing the potential in polishing and modernising a beloved older game. Shadow of the Beast (2016) is a good example of an awful remake.

take what I said and replace the word 'remake' with 'remaster' or vice versa all you want and my position is still the same

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#16 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Chrono Cross

@ArchoNils2 said:

Legend of Dragoon

Good one.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

I'm not big on remasters, and on PC I don't really have to be, since it is near-infinitely backwards compatible.

With that said, I would like to see some re-envisionings (reboots or remakes, if you will) of classic games: I would love to see what a talented studio could do with the Tie Fighter license; for example, highly-detailed, sim-like attention to detail of a few iconic spacecraft, story-driven campaign told from the perspective of the empire (one of the few strong points of Battlefront 2 reboot), and so forth.

I'd like to see the original Deus Ex redone in the context of the new Deus Ex games (the prequels); I think if they remade the game in 90% similarity, but did some tie-ins, changed up the combat but kept the heavy RPG influence, it'd be fun to revisit this game.

Sim City 4 remaster would be most welcome, done in a really great game engine. Cities: Skylines is amazing, don't get me wrong, as are a host of other city builders and such, but I need more! Can't play Anno and Cities: Skylines forever.

I'd like to see Assassin's Creed 1 and 2 (plus spinoffs) redone with the modern control scheme, combat, and so forth. Keep the plot and characters the same, just make it more enjoyable to play.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7263 Posts

Bushido Blade

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RSM-HQ

@tryit:

take what I said and replace the word 'remake' with 'remaster' or vice versa all you want and my position is still the same

Not really. But ignoring posts seems to be your style anyway; so whatever. I should know better at this point.

Ignorance is bliss

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TryIt

@RSM-HQ said:

@tryit:

Not really. But ignoring posts seems to be your style anyway; so whatever. I should know better at this point.

Ignorance is bliss

you can take what I said, replace the word with 'remaster' or with 'remake' and literally nothing you have said changes my position or my reason for my position.

i am telling you, the industry needs to move on.

Johndmgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Johndmgs
Member since 2018 • 323 Posts

Timesplitters 2 or Future Perfect

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Valkeerie
Member since 2013 • 326 Posts

In terms of actually remaking the game, I would enjoy Panzer Dragoon Saga, since the original code has been lost. When it comes to a remaster, Gunvalkyrie would be welcome in a higher resolution, 16 by 9 aspect ratio, and the same 60 FPS. Remap the thumb stick clicks to the shoulder buttons now that they are available, because I'll be damned if I didn't break many Xbox S-Controllers, and then switched to the Duke.

RSM-HQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RSM-HQ

@tryit:

you can take what I said, replace the word with 'remaster' or with 'remake' and literally nothing you have said changes my position or my reason for my position.

That's nice. . . Nothing to do with anything I mentioned in my first response; but. . . that's nice.

Zeggelaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Zeggelaar
Member since 2017 • 181 Posts

Diablo 2 please

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44144 Posts

Would absolutely love to see Dino Crisis 2 and the Onimusha games remastered as well.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#27 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58917 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Would absolutely love to see Dino Crisis 2 and the Onimusha games remastered as well.

^ This, including the original DC.

Dragos2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dragos2002
Member since 2018 • 3 Posts

GTA: San Andreas

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Goldeneye 007 getting remastered with improved graphics, improved framerate, dual analog controls, and online play would be the greatest thing ever!

The sad thing is that they were working on making this happen for Xbox Live Arcade until Nintendo forced the project to be stopped. I love Nintendo, but damn them for that. My hope is that with the anticipation growing for an upcoming N64 mini console and Goldeneye 007 being a huge important part of the N64's legacy, Microsoft and Nintendo will work out a deal where Microsoft allows Goldeneye 007 and other RARE games to be included on the N64 mini console and in return Nintendo allows the remastered Goldeneye 007 to finally be made for Xbox. Hey, I can dream, can't I?

Loading Video...

What could have been...

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TryIt

@RSM-HQ said:

@tryit:

That's nice. . . Nothing to do with anything I mentioned in my first response; but. . . that's nice.

what you said is not relevant to the point I was making though I am sad to say

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Valkeerie
Member since 2013 • 326 Posts

We had a remake of Goldeneye on the Wii, at least, but I agree that Rare's former game would be nice. I can still enjoy the gameplay of the latter in Timesplitters 1 & 2, so a simple remaster of those two would be nice, because Xbox and Gamecube games are hardly in need of a remake.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FanboyMcTroll

@Valkeerie: yes I remember Goldeneye on the Wii, that's the first time I played it, I never played the original, I thought it was a great game

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

They should remaster all the old Bond games. And then bury them in Nevada Desert alongside the ET carts.

FanboyMcTroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FanboyMcTroll

@henrythefifth: Goldeneye received very high critical praise and sold more than eight million units worldwide, making it the third best selling Nintendo 64 game, behind Super Mario 64 and Mario Kart 64. According to a paper published on the website of the Entertainment Software Association, the game grossed $250 million worldwide.

This is one of the best games ever, but you wouldn't know that henrythefifth, inbred from hendrythefourth

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

@Valkeerie said:

We had a remake of Goldeneye on the Wii, at least, but I agree that Rare's former game would be nice. I can still enjoy the gameplay of the latter in Timesplitters 1 & 2, so a simple remaster of those two would be nice, because Xbox and Gamecube games are hardly in need of a remake.

I hate when people call that game a Goldeneye remake. That game on the Wii that called itself Goldeneye was not a true remake of Goldeneye 007. That game on the Wii was just a Call of Duty game with a James Bond skin put over it and the good name of Goldeneye whored out to it because Activision knew that slapping the iconic Goldeneye name onto it would increase sales. It never deserved to bear the Goldeneye name and it is definitely not a real remake of the N64 classic.

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

I've never understood Goldeneye fanboys.

The game was not bad. I had it on N64 back then. But it was tiny! You could play thru Goldeneye in two hours. Even if it was your first time with the game. And once you knew the levels, you could play thru it in an hour, easily.

Okay, many N64 games had very little content, but Goldeneye was the worst in that. How can it be the greatest game, when there is so little actual game in there?

And the split screen action sucked, as it did in every other N64 game. PS1 was so much better at split screen.

benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#40 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts
  • Hogs of War
  • Klonoa: Door to Phantomile & Klonoa 2
  • Heart of Darkness
  • Dino Crisis
  • Legend of Dragoon
hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@warmblur said:
  • GTASA and Vice City in the RAGE engine with with modern gameplay
  • Max Payne 1 and 2 in the Rage engine no gameplay changes!!
  • Batttlefield 2 in the frostbite engine no gameplay changes!!
  • Medal of Honor Allied Assault in the frostbite engine no gameplay changes!!

These 2 would be awesome!