What Breaking Bad Videogame would you want?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Meta-Gnostic
Member since 2007 • 977 Posts

I keep thinking over and over that Breaking Bad would make a great video game. I could see it being an open-world videogame like GTA with Walt and Jesse as playable characters or they could even go the Walking Dead route and have Telltale make this very story-driven adventure game, or just some linear-based action game. 

I really don't see why the show ended so soon. A game would be a great way to make the show live on for much longer. What kind of game would you want Breaking Bad to be?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
What The hell is Breaking Bad about ? All I know is theres drugs somewhere ?
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

It would make a crap video game, can't think of a good tv series vidja game adaptation myself.

Maybe MethLab Tycoon?

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

None.  

Making this into a game would just scream cash grab, and would cheapen the writing to what is arguably one of the best shows out there, bar none.  

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ReddestSkies
Member since 2005 • 4087 Posts

It wouldn't work as an action game, wtf. Walt doesn't kill thousands of weak henchmen like action games/shooters gameplay requires. Every time he kills someone, it's meaningful, which is the absolute opposite of action games.

Adventure is the only correct answer, as it is the only genre that can convey a story in which you don't commit a genocide.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ilovegames1992

It wouldn't work as an action game, wtf. Walt doesn't kill thousands of weak henchmen like action games/shooters gameplay requires. Every time he kills someone, it's meaningful, which is the absolute opposite of action games.

Adventure is the only correct answer, as it is the only genre that can convey a story in which you don't commit a genocide.

ReddestSkies

Eh?

Stealth games?

Dudersaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: -3

#7 Dudersaper
Member since 2007 • 32952 Posts

[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

Ilovegames1992

Eh?

Stealth games?

In stealth games you commit a genocide in shadows, 'tis all :P
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ReddestSkies

[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

Ilovegames1992

Eh?

Stealth games?

Stealth gameplay forces the storyteller to include a ton of weak henchmen too, you just try not to kill them. It still limits the kind of stories that you can tell. You can't really tell the Breaking Bad story using stealth gameplay without changing every major confrontation in a major way.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19564 Posts

Telltale Games is the only company I'd trust with it (since they always end up making faithful adaptations of beloved franchises), but even then, I wouldn't really want them to do it.

Still, if it had to be done...I'd expect some kind of Walking Dead-esque adventure game. The player would alternate control between Walt and Jesse, getting out of situations through convoluted dialogue tree lies and/or item-combining inventory puzzles. There would be sparse action, emotional turmoil, and a hell of a lot of character development along the way.

Eh, Telltale *could* pull it off, now that I think about it...but I still wouldn't really want them to. It's great enough as it is.

*edit* In hindsight, that would probably be more like their Wallace and and Gromit series than The Walking Dead, but you get my point. 

Ariost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ariost
Member since 2006 • 681 Posts

Cooking mama with Heisenberg!

luno-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 luno-gamer
Member since 2007 • 405 Posts

It would be great if it was done the way you described it. But I imagine if they were to make a game of it, it would end up something like the walking dead video game. LAME!

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ilovegames1992

What if it was done David Cage style? Just button prompts and QTEs and all that.

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

The only way it could work is if they make a spin-off point and click adventure game like The Walking Dead.

Ravenous_Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ravenous_Joker
Member since 2013 • 297 Posts
I can not see how a Breaking Bad game would be any good.
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

I keep thinking over and over that Breaking Bad would make a great video game. I could see it being an open-world videogame like GTA with Walt and Jesse as playable characters or they could even go the Walking Dead route and have Telltale make this very story-driven adventure game, or just some linear-based action game. 

I really don't see why the show ended so soon. A game would be a great way to make the show live on for much longer. What kind of game would you want Breaking Bad to be?

Meta-Gnostic
What? Breaking Bad is a piss poor show about some girly man who becomes "powerfull" because he can deal drugs.... drugs that actually destroys other peoples life, destroys kids future ect. So what kind of game would you make? Scarface is made so if you just want to be a drugdealer go play that, at least that also have a decent ending where he gets whats coming to him.
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ReddestSkies

[QUOTE="Meta-Gnostic"]

Jacanuk

What? Breaking Bad is a piss poor show about some girly man who becomes "powerfull" because he can deal drugs.... drugs that actually destroys other peoples life, destroys kids future ect. So what kind of game would you make? Scarface is made so if you just want to be a drugdealer go play that, at least that also have a decent ending where he gets whats coming to him.

Yeah, because all Breaking Bad is is some show about a chump chemistry teacher who becomes a champ drug lord and then does hookers and blow for the rest of his life.

I suggest that you stop posting about stuff you know nothing about. You do it often, and it doesn't work. I don't want to go into the spoiler buiness, so I'll leave it at that.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Jacanuk

[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="Meta-Gnostic"]

ReddestSkies

Yeah, because all Breaking Bad is is some show about a chump chemistry teacher who becomes a champ drug lord and then does hookers and blow for the rest of his life.

I suggest that you stop posting about stuff you know nothing about. You do it often, and it doesn't work. I don't want to go into the spoiler buiness, so I'll leave it at that.

Always fun to hear from a fanboy , but please try again your lacking quite a bit to actually make a decent post.
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ReddestSkies

[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

[QUOTE="Jacanuk"] What? Breaking Bad is a piss poor show about some girly man who becomes "powerfull" because he can deal drugs.... drugs that actually destroys other peoples life, destroys kids future ect. So what kind of game would you make? Scarface is made so if you just want to be a drugdealer go play that, at least that also have a decent ending where he gets whats coming to him.Jacanuk

Always fun to hear from a fanboy , but please try again your lacking quite a bit to actually make a decent post.

You're lacking quite a bit (of something?) to make a coherent sentence :|

My post was 100% objective. You're commenting on the ending of Breaking Bad while very obviously not knowing what it is (especially considering that it's not over yet). You're also saying that the show implies that Walt is better off as a drug lord than he was before, which is laughable.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Jacanuk

[QUOTE="Jacanuk"][QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

ReddestSkies

You're lacking quite a bit (of something?) to make a coherent sentence :|

My post was 100% objective. You're commenting on the ending of Breaking Bad while very obviously not knowing what it is (especially considering that it's not over yet). You're also saying that the show implies that Walt is better off as a drug lord than he was before, which is laughable.

Again you seem to lack a lot to actually make a good post. Also no you didn't make a 100% objective post, perhaps try to and read up on what objective is before using the word.....
ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ReddestSkies

This thread is now about what Breaking Bad Videogame people would want to see. I apologise to anyone who had to go through these awful, empty, borderline nonsensical Jacanuk posts, I won't reply to him again, I promise.

What if it was done David Cage style? Just button prompts and QTEs and all that.

Ilovegames1992

That would work very well imo! 

Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

Only would be great if  Naughty Dog or Rockstar made it. It could be sort of a sandbox game like GTA. They would have to make the story a bit different, could be a good game though.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

What? Breaking Bad is a piss poor show about some girly man who becomes "powerfull" because he can deal drugs.... drugs that actually destroys other peoples life, destroys kids future ect.

Jacanuk

The show is absolutely brilliant, as evidenced by the effusive critical praise and the loyal following of people absolutely entrenched in this effective drama.

It is an A-Tier show, sharing space with luminaries such as The Wire, The Shield, Dead Wood, etc.

And the show deals in many themes but the crux is the notion of an intelligent and gifted man, marginalized by circumstances, becoming a manufacturer of methamphetamine for the express purpose of leaving his family sufficient funds once his terminal cancer steals him away. In this endeavor he radically changes and becomes a kingpin and egomaniac precisely because of his previously marginalized existence.

It truly is one of the best television shows ever made and I'd urge you to give it a fair shake because the quality of the writing and acting eclipses most theatrical films.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Meta-Gnostic

It would make a crap video game, can't think of a good tv series vidja game adaptation myself.

Maybe MethLab Tycoon?

Ilovegames1992

It would make a crap video game? If it were open world it could be similar to GTA but easily better due to better characters and better writing. If it were an adventure by Telltale it would have the same type of tension that is exhibited in the Walking Dead game, with better characters and if the show's writers were on board, better writing as well.

None.  

Making this into a game would just scream cash grab, and would cheapen the writing to what is arguably one of the best shows out there, bar none.  

Hallenbeck77

It would be cash grab just like Telltale's Walking Dead game...

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Meta-Gnostic

ReddestSkies

First of all, other games work just fine with you killing tons of people. You haven't played Uncharted? That's what a video game involves, some things that are there for the game itself. Ever play a FPS that has autoregenerating health? Wait, no that would mean the game can't be made.

Walt doesn't have to do all the killing. Have you forgotten the other characters from the show that kill people? Have you considered that the game wouldn't be about solely about killing people? Have you forgotten about who Walt has become where he puts hits out on his closest allies, poisons children, carries around an assault weapon in the final episodes? Who knows what he'll do with it.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Meta-Gnostic

[QUOTE="Meta-Gnostic"]

Jacanuk

What? Breaking Bad is a piss poor show about some girly man who becomes "powerfull" because he can deal drugs.... drugs that actually destroys other peoples life, destroys kids future ect.

So what kind of game would you make? Scarface is made so if you just want to be a drugdealer go play that, at least that also have a decent ending where he gets whats coming to him.

Never enjoyed Scarface's characters or story, whereas I love Breaking Bad's characters and story. If you have that already all you need to add is gameplay.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Maybe MethLab Tycoon?

Meta-Gnostic

It would make a crap video game? If it were open world it could be similar to GTA but easily better due to better characters and better writing. If it were an adventure by Telltale it would have the same type of tension that is exhibited in the Walking Dead game, with better characters and if the show's writers were on board, better writing as well.

None.  

Hallenbeck77

It would be cash grab just like Telltale's Walking Dead game...

It would still make a crap video game. Just wouldn't happen.

As for the show itself. I have the first season on dvd and it was ok but its nowhere near Wire or Sopranos level. I'll wait a long time before I push myself through the other seasons. 

lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

As for the show itself. I have the first season on dvd and it was ok but its nowhere near Wire or Sopranos level. I'll wait a long time before I push myself through the other seasons. 

Ilovegames1992

The first season was the weakest one. Don't do the same mistake I was about to make; I too was about to abbandon the show after its first season, but then decided to give the 2nd season a shot and boy am I happy I did.

Back on topic: I would really like to know how The Walking Dead game was a cash grab? The game was excellent and if TellTale Games were to make a similar spin-off based on Breaking Bad, I would be all for it. 

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

None.  

Hallenbeck77

I agree with this completely. 

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Meta-Gnostic

[QUOTE="Meta-Gnostic"]

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992
The first season was by far the worst. Not sure how an insanely popular show, with great characters and great writing would automatically make for a bad game. Not sure why you say it would never happen. Last time I checked The Walking Dead won GOTY awards, a show from the same network as Breaking Bad, a show that is very similar to BB in the way it tells its story with the same type of focus on it's characters.

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

None.  

Vari3ty

So Walking Dead Telltale game was a cash grab with inferior writing to the tv show... keep talking out your ass. You're also ignoring the fact that the writers of Breaking Bad could sign on to write the game's story.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16878 Posts

So Walking Dead Telltale game was a cash grab with inferior writing to the tv show... keep talking out your ass. You're also ignoring the fact that the writers of Breaking Bad could sign on to write the game's story.Meta-Gnostic
I'm being nothing but respectful to you. Just because I disagree with your viewpoint, it doesn't warrant the insult.

I can't comment on the quality of the writing on The Walking Dead game or show because I've not the chance to play or watch either of them. I do know that aside from the comic it's based on, there's a lot of merchandise from it--toys, shirts, what have you, so it seems like just another way to make money off the license. However, a game for that would work because it's much more easier to expand beyond the central storyline--a group of human survivors try to cope and deal with the onslaught of an undead apocalypse. There's so many ways to tell multiple stories and use characters that's not be in the original source material. In a way, it's almost expected, because it's a genre show. There's almost unlimited directions you can go with works in the horror and sci-fi genre

It's much more difficult to do so with something like Breaking Bad because from a storytelling standpoint, it's a drama that focuses mainly on one central character--Walter White--and the consequences that he and the people in his life face when he decides to cook meth as a way to financially support his family. That story is almost at an end with only two episodes remaining. The main question is: How do you have the writers properly expand on that story with a video game in a way that isn't possible with just a regular episode?  

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Meta-Gnostic

[QUOTE="Meta-Gnostic"] So Walking Dead Telltale game was a cash grab with inferior writing to the tv show... keep talking out your ass. You're also ignoring the fact that the writers of Breaking Bad could sign on to write the game's story.Hallenbeck77

I'm being nothing but respectful to you. Just because I disagree with your viewpoint, it doesn't warrant the insult.

I can't comment on the quality of the writing on The Walking Dead game or show because I've not the chance to play or watch either of them. I do know that aside from the comic it's based on, there's a lot of merchandise from it--toys, shirts, what have you, so it seems like just another way to make money off the license. However, a game for that would work because it's much more easier to expand beyond the central storyline--a group of human survivors try to cope and deal with the onslaught of an undead apocalypse. There's so many ways to tell multiple stories and use characters that's not be in the original source material. In a way, it's almost expected, because it's a genre show. There's almost unlimited directions you can go with works in the horror and sci-fi genre

It's much more difficult to do so with something like Breaking Bad because from a storytelling standpoint, it's a drama that focuses mainly on one central character--Walter White--and the consequences that he and the people in his life face when he decides to cook meth as a way to financially support his family. That story is almost at an end with only two episodes remaining. The main question is: How do you have the writers properly expand on that story with a video game in a way that isn't possible with just a regular episode?  

Forget about it.
Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Meta-Gnostic"] The first season was by far the worst. Not sure how an insanely popular show, with great characters and great writing would automatically make for a bad game. Not sure why you say it would never happen. Last time I checked The Walking Dead won GOTY awards, a show from the same network as Breaking Bad, a show that is very similar to BB in the way it tells its story with the same type of focus on it's characters.[QUOTE="Vari3ty"]

[QUOTE="Hallenbeck77"]

None.  

Meta-Gnostic

So Walking Dead Telltale game was a cash grab with inferior writing to the tv show... keep talking out your ass. You're also ignoring the fact that the writers of Breaking Bad could sign on to write the game's story.

Well for one thing Walking Dead is also based on a comic book series, not just a tv show. Also, TWD is set in a post apocalypse world with the undead everywhere. Means there is a LOT of opportunities for action set pieces and all that. Breaking Bad couldn't do that as well.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#33 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

I could see a decent point and click adventure game like Telltale's The Walking Dead. It would only be good if wasn't based on the tv show and had completely different different story with the same concept of cooking meth.

Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

Nice idea, but seeing it already as a show it wouldn't work. Gta is really the cloesest we'll get. Guns, drugs, deals gone wrong. All the good stuff.

new_gamer244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 new_gamer244
Member since 2011 • 338 Posts

This :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSUK4WgQ3vk

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Meta-Gnostic

[QUOTE="Meta-Gnostic"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Well for one thing Walking Dead is also based on a comic book series, not just a tv show. Also, TWD is set in a post apocalypse world with the undead everywhere. Means there is a LOT of opportunities for action set pieces and all that. Breaking Bad couldn't do that as well.

I'm not going to even bother discussing it with people like yourself.
Mcspanky37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mcspanky37
Member since 2010 • 1693 Posts

[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

Meta-Gnostic

First of all, other games work just fine with you killing tons of people. You haven't played Uncharted? That's what a video game involves, some things that are there for the game itself. Ever play a FPS that has autoregenerating health? Wait, no that would mean the game can't be made.

Walt doesn't have to do all the killing. Have you forgotten the other characters from the show that kill people? Have you considered that the game wouldn't be about solely about killing people? Have you forgotten about who Walt has become where he puts hits out on his closest allies, poisons children, carries around an assault weapon in the final episodes? Who knows what he'll do with it.

Evidently, you haven't played Uncharted. Within the first couple hours of the game, you've killed at least a hundred dudes...

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="Meta-Gnostic"] So Walking Dead Telltale game was a cash grab with inferior writing to the tv show... keep talking out your ass. You're also ignoring the fact that the writers of Breaking Bad could sign on to write the game's story.Meta-Gnostic

People who make sense? Fair enough then. 

They should make another Sopranos game, its wonderfully scripted so it would automatically be an awesome game.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#39 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

None...at all. That would be so stupid

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Meta-Gnostic

[QUOTE="Meta-Gnostic"]

[QUOTE="ReddestSkies"]

Mcspanky37

They should make another Sopranos game, its wonderfully scripted so it would automatically be an awesome game.

No I'm not discussing it with someone who thinks just because something is a comic book it's so much better being a videogame than a tv show could be. DUMB. You fail to realize the simple fact that what matters most is execution when making a game, movie, book, etc. Look at the developer that made the Sopranos game, pure crap unknown developer. http://www.ign.com/companies/7-studios Look at the 2 different Walking Dead games.

People take source material or an idea and whether it is good or not matters greatly on whether they executed it well or not. Breaking Bad is simply excellent source material, and as you'll see with the last 2 episodes it will become even better source material for a videogame. You're just incredibly ignorant.

Avatar image for Grammaton-Cleric
Grammaton-Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Grammaton-Cleric
Member since 2002 • 7515 Posts

No I'm not discussing it with someone who thinks just because something is a comic book it's so much better being a videogame than a tv show could be. DUMB.

Meta-Gnostic

To be honest, I don't think that was his point at all.

I think he was trying to make it clear that TWD is already very much an established IP spanning more than one form of media and thus more easily made into a videogame.

ReddestSkies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ReddestSkies

[QUOTE="Not ReddestSkies"]

Meta-Gnostic

No I'm not discussing it with someone who thinks just because something is a comic book it's so much better being a videogame than a tv show could be. DUMB. You fail to realize the simple fact that what matters most is execution when making a game, movie, book, etc. Look at the developer that made the Sopranos game, pure crap unknown developer. http://www.ign.com/companies/7-studios Look at the 2 different Walking Dead games.

People take source material or an idea and whether it is good or not matters greatly on whether they executed it well or not. Breaking Bad is simply excellent source material, and as you'll see with the last 2 episodes it will become even better source material for a videogame. You're just incredibly ignorant.

Not entirely sure why I'm quoted to say that since it was Ilovegames1992 who posted it, but the first quote is entirely and completely true, very very far from dumb, and very well worth a decent reply. 

The Walking Dead has proven to be adaptable across mediums, which is a plus for it.

The Walking Dead has zombies everywhere walking around just waiting to be killed, making action setpiece possibilities a lot more numerous. In Breaking Bad, Walt certainly doesn't kill thousands of weak enemies, which limits a video game adaptation to the adventure genre. Every time Walt kills someone, it's very meaningful, and that goes completely against the point of action games.

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ilovegames1992

[QUOTE="Mcspanky37"]

[QUOTE="Meta-Gnostic"] I'm not going to even bother discussing it with people like yourself.Meta-Gnostic

No I'm not discussing it with someone who thinks just because something is a comic book it's so much better being a videogame than a tv show could be. DUMB.

That wasn't my point. And yes the Sopranos game sucked.

Meta-Gnostic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Meta-Gnostic
You people are so close-minded. I feel sorry for you.